It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldier predicts his own death in e-mail to Congressman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

"I feel myself and my soldiers are being put into unnecessary positions where harm and danger are imminent," Sitton wrote in an e-mail.

"We are walking around aimlessly through grape rows and compounds that are littered with explosives," he wrote. The platoon was averaging an amputee a day...

On Aug. 2, less than two months after he sent the email, Sitton, 26, was killed by an IED blast.

gma.yahoo.com...

Our government is waging war people, but you wouldnt know it. Deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan are never reported. Dont focus on these two countries, just pay attention to the new psyop: Libya, Egypt, Syria, Pakistan, Iran etc.

And what about the Afghanis whos country is "littered with explosives"? Think that might pose a threat to them or cause a "little" resentment?

Its a shame that these spineless Representatives wont do more to stop these endless wars but then again, theyre not the ones who are overseas dying.

Most of the US's military operations are illegal and or immoral. They are based on lies and money. And according to the Laws of Land Warfare, the soldiers themselves are obligated to disobey illegal orders.

Put down your weapons and take a stand. Your government doesnt care about you.

edit on 22-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I could have predicted it too. He's a SOLDIER in a WAR.

Maybe he should have thought a little harder about that before enlisting.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
Our government is waging war people, but you wouldnt know it. Deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan are never reported.

Yes they are. You JUST posted such peace of news.
Even news outside the U.S report deaths of U.S soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Not every single death is reported. It is not news that people die in war. That's what war is for. To kill people.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Theres something called the Just War Theory, something our government has no interest in.

And more specifically he was questioning those particular orders, something more soldiers should be doing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don’t understand why people enlist in the military these days. No one in the West is fighting for their country or freedom any more. They’re fighting for a bunch of old, rich pricks so that they can get even richer. I’ve got absolutely no interest in enlisting in the army chiefly because of this, but also that I believe life is far too short for war.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlindBastards
I don’t understand why people enlist in the military these days. No one in the West is fighting for their country or freedom any more. They’re fighting for a bunch of old, rich pricks so that they can get even richer. I’ve got absolutely no interest in enlisting in the army chiefly because of this, but also that I believe life is far too short for war.

*standing ovation*

Now if only the rest of the young world can follow suit. I have zero respect for any veterans, nor does most of the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Its not reported in the same way that other news is broadcast. I would argue that this is by design. Its much easier for the government to wage these illegal/immoral wars if the people dont have to think about the casualties of war.

This is a lesson they learned from Vietnam, dont broadcast the wars.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm tired of seeing young men dying and losing limbs in Afghanistan. Everyday a picture of a fresh faced young man killed in this war that has been going on longer than the first and second world wars combined.

We need to come home now. Not in a few years, now. As soon as Obama announced that Osama bin laden was dead, he should have said job done. Troops return home.

Instead we are going to keep going, with the US spending a 2 billion a week on this war. We are not there to bring democracy. We were there to get al Qaeda and close the training camps, which we have done.

No more soldiers should be dying in this senseless conflict.

There is not one good justification for staying another day in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

Apparently, the military's recruiting efforts are focused on poorer rural areas where job opportunities are scarce. They've done such a good job of brainwashing these communities into thinking that joining the military is so normal, that its a rite of passage.

And this is done on a national scale as well, "the war on terror", "defending your nation" etc.

Take this Libya, Egypt movie psyop for example. Its so easy to get people worked up. I wouldnt be the least bit surprised if they had an enlistment spike due to these recent events.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Consequence

Its not reported in the same way that other news is broadcast.

Here's a few examples I found with a quick search. What is wrong with these articles?
It also shows that plenty of events are reported, if you just cared to read them.
You not reading them does not mean that they don't exist.

www.chron.com... mber-killed-in-eastern-Afghanistan-3885577.php
www.chron.com... ck-kills-4-US-troops-3868951.php
www.chron.com... killed-in-Afghanistan-buried-in-Miss-3851600.php
www.chron.com... honors-US-airman-killed-in-Afghanistan-3850864.php
www.chron.com... te-killed-in-Afghanistan-3850357.php
I would argue that this is by design. Its much easier for the government to wage these illegal/immoral wars if the people dont have to think about the casualties of war.
www.chron.com... s-2-soldiers-killed-in-Afghanistan-3839487.php

This is a lesson they learned from Vietnam, dont broadcast the wars.

Guess they didn't learn, as they do?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

I was going to pass on replying to yet another Kissinger-esque, thought-vacant response on ATS regarding how Soldiers cause wars. But I can't.

That line of thinking my friend is applauded by the elite who start wars for their gain and care nothing for those who get hurt in the process. They love it. They need it. Blame the Soldier. Perfect! Just please ignore any thought that you, the citizen, might in some way be responsible for the actions of your government who sends these Soldiers places to do things. That is too weighty and too stressful for you.

So just keep disrespecting veterans. Yup. They are indeed the cause of all that is evil in the world.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
Now if only the rest of the young world can follow suit. I have zero respect for any veterans, nor does most of the world.

Most veterans went into these wars with the idea that they wanted to protect their nation, their families, their friends and their freedoms. That might be a misguided notion, but the intent was not "evil" for most. Some may have went for economic reasons and other reasons but I would hazard to say that very, very few went for the love of war.

I have zero respect for war but utmost respect for veterans.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

It's a paycheck. Not all who enlist do so for patriotism, but because they've "got mouths to feed, and there ain't nothing in this world for free".

But seriously, think:

As of 30 September 2010, 1,430,895 people were on active duty[24] in the military, with an additional 848,000 people in the seven reserve components.[3] It is an all-volunteer military, but conscription through the Selective Service System can be enacted by the request of the President and the approval of Congress. All males aged 18 through 25 who are living in the U.S. are required to register with the Selective Service for a potential future draft.
Wiki

So: 2,278,895 people.

Now, adults in the US:

0-14 years: 20.2% (male 31,639,127/female 30,305,704)
15–64 years: 67% (male 102,665,043/female 103,129,321)
65 years and over: 12.8% (male 16,901,232/female 22,571,696) (2010 est.)

65+ is good, but the 15-64 is a bit harder. By the graph, and rough rounding, I get 184 mil. for the 15-64, while the numbers above are almost 210 mil... There's about 20 mil. in the 15-19 age range, so 20/5=4, 4x2=8, and could continue, but 190 mil. is a good estimate for those who are 18-64, so let's just assume that 190 is the average amount of people who are accounted for as WORKING. So, the military accounts for at least a difference of 1.1% in the unemployment rate?

Anyway, far more accurately would be to go to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The unemployment rate edged down in August to 8.1 percent. Since the beginning of this year, the rate has held in a narrow range of 8.1 to 8.3 percent. The number of unemployed persons, at 12.5 million, was little changed in August. (See table A-1.)
12.5 million unemployed would jump to about 14.7 with all the military. Realistically, most would like to see us halve our military, so that would still be a noticeable jump to 13.6 mil.

edit on 22-9-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: of to to.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I don't know if anybody knows the show Bomb Patrol in Agfhanistan.

They follow a bomb squad in Afghanistan.

The whole show is just an emberrasment to the "might" of the American militairy.

There they are with all their fancy equipment and armored vehicles, spending the whole day trying to clear 100 m of dirt road in a god forsaken desert.

They can hardly step out of their vehicles and the next day it's filled with ied's again.

The amount of resources and funds that are drained by some simple bearded men with robes and goats is staggering.

I respect the guys from the bomb squad, and the fact that they are risking their lives, but it is painfull to watch.

Completely useless.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I can't speak for the USA, but here in the UK the death of EVERY soldier is reported on the news. It is such a shame because every life that has been lost was needless, we cannot win the war in Afghanistan just like the Russians couldn't. We have acheived very little at a remarkebly high cost. RIP all those fallen comrades.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I do not want our kids or anyone enlisting today because it has been proven to be an illegal war, a very corrupt war with huge laws being broken.

I just wanted to know from you if you finally understood why a lot of people, kids , are joining the Military(?)....You did mention you didn't understand. Well, IMO It's the only game in town for most of them. It's the only way some are going to get an education....and the only way for some to feed their family. these are very important reasons and issues. Issues being a very important word. It is because of our issues that we are failing.

I tend not to tolerate these reasons for enlisting. If more people said, "We're not going to take it anymore!" and we all stand up and start doing the right thing...we might be able to kick corruption out of the white house...but...there just seems to be to many people out there that until their life is dirupted....they will do nothing.

By that time...it might be ......wait a minute...it is to late.

Anyways...People are not teaching their children about the value of life by giving their blessings to enlist so that their kid can go to College. Another kids life for your own educational needs? Times are tuff!!! But if we don't take a stand...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

*standing ovation*

I hear what you are saying and I once felt as you do but most of these men and woman think they are fighting for their country! We have to understand that our military men are more ignorant then even our average public! Many of them join up not to fight but because of the lack of jobs, the edjucational grants that they recieve for enlisting and other incentives! I feel real pity for these poor saps that give their lives for the rich mans lies! They are just pawns and we are all responsable for what's happening overseas! Just because we did'nt join up does'nt negate us from any responsability! Especially those of us that don't participate in stopping these wars!
I hope more of us start to wake up to what these wars will cost us if we continue down this road! i'm not just talking about money but the cost of our lives both abroad and here (through blowback) along with our humanity!
edit on 25-9-2012 by nosacrificenofreedom because: >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

new topics

top topics

join