It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily-armored DHS vehicles seen on road

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I just ran across this and thought it might be informative to pass it along.

I can't help but wonder just what the Dept. of Homeland Security is REALLY getting ready to happen.

Check out the photos at the link:

fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

This armored caravan includes the mammoth GLS vehicle, the largest vehicle on the trailer. You don’t get anymore armored than the GLS, a serious piece of equipment that has never been used inside the United States until now.

I noticed on the side of one vehicle the words " Police Rescue". I wonder if this will be intended to rescue citzens or the police themselves ??

I would also bring your attention to the poster's other posts as well as well as the comments.

Add to all this the purchase of ammunition (including lethal hollow-point bullets) and high-powered rifles by federal government agencies. See my posts:

Just WHY does the DOE need shotguns ??

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
omg vehicles vehicling !

oh the humanity !

are you selling survival gear or bullets ?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

The DoE is also controls the National Nuclear Security Administration, (From Wiki) The Nuclear Emergency Support Team (NEST) (formerly known as the Nuclear Emergency Search Team) is a team of scientists, technicians, and engineers operating under the United States Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Their task is to be "prepared to respond immediately to any type of radiological accident or incident anywhere in the world".

What Wiki does not say is that there is also a security element assigned to protect them and provide support, be it logistical or otherwise.

As for shotguns, they are for close defense.

Nuclear issues is a hot topic button for many people. It's always prudent to safe guard that stuff.

energy.gov...
edit on 22-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
We may be looking at this from the wrong angle. Maybe nothing is going to happen but they are preparing for the people that do think the world is ending. With all the hubub about the end of the world on 12//21, maybe they're preparing in case of rioting and looting.

You never know, I mean, people in large mobs can be crazy and I can only imagine the partying and general freaking out that will be going on. I personally don't think anything is going to happen but millions of people do.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
As much as I hate to say it, because I love my wife and I would love to spend many more days and nights with her, there is no way to avoid the coming hell. We're way too far gone to turn back now.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yea, you got to keep an eye on those kindergarden kids.

When I went to school, a nasty look was used, and usually all that was needed, to keep most kids in line.

Of course back then, if a kid got into trouble at school, they usually had worse trouble at home. Kids, as well as parents, had a lot more respect for teachers.

Have we gone so far ary that we need to arm the teachers ???

If we have lost this much respect for others, we have likely lost even more respect for ourselves.

If this is the case, maybe we "deserve" to live in a police state to protect us from ourselves.
edit on 22-9-2012 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Wow in no way I'm trying to be offensive but you Americans really are paranoid. Whenever a helicopter or armoured vehicle is seen there is always a thread on ATS. I'm in the SE England I see chinook helicopters, apache helicopters army trucks on the motorways .. Take a deep breath and chill

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This seems to be the original article:

www.shtfplan.com...

It would seem that every branch of the government is preparing for something.

The collapse must be close, in addition to all this preparedness, they are focusing our attention on psyops 10k miles away.

edit on 22-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

I don't think it is paranoia.

Here in the states we have not gotten accustom to living like sheep.

We often see these same things in the context of the military, but not by the police.

Here they are suppose to be two separate agentcies. Of late, they are becoming more and more joined, and we don't like that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hdutton

DoE...Department of Energy, not education.

And a nasty look never prevented me from acting up. Neither did a spanking or a cuff upside the head. Though "Wait until your Father hears about this." usually got me into line pretty quick. Though it was always to late.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeaceMaker
Wow in no way I'm trying to be offensive but you Americans really are paranoid. Whenever a helicopter or armoured vehicle is seen there is always a thread on ATS. I'm in the SE England I see chinook helicopters, apache helicopters army trucks on the motorways .. Take a deep breath and chill

Where I live, like most in the States, is nowhere near a military base, but I see all that stuff all the time myself. Never got me nervous or freaked.

Now if I see a TCP manned by the military, my curiousity will be aroused.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Did everyone miss this subject the last two times?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by iwontrun

Nope, the OP mentions MRAPs and UpArmored HUMMV's (The vehicles) and finishes with a question about the DoE.

The OP misunderstood the difference between the DoE (Dept. of Energy) and the DoE (Dept. of Education). Understandable for someone who is only mildly aware of what the USG is about.

But now they know the difference, and as such a little more enlightened.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
hdutton and tdawg again please understand I'm in no way trying to offend Americans but you do see an awful lot of threads on here reguarding vehicles or helicopters etc that have been spotted and the person who posts seems to say it in a way that sounds like the world is going to end. Maybe I should keep my British backside quiet hahaha

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If the DHS had 10,000 of these, I might be worried. A couple here or there? Hey, they need to justify that budget so let's get some MRAP's. Anyway, the salesman from the company that sold them to us is convinced we 'need' some.

Now the ammo on the other hand is questionable. See here.

www.activistpost.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Nonsense, I quite agree with you about many Americans paranoia (Not all). To be truthful, I find it amusing. But some people love to add drama into their lives anyway they can.

Wait? Your British backside? You're producing flatulance? Good thing your across the pond. That could be considered BIo warfare here.

edit on 22-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ABNARTY
If the DHS had 10,000 of these, I might be worried. A couple here or there? Hey, they need to justify that budget so let's get some MRAP's. Anyway, the salesman from the company that sold them to us is convinced we 'need' some.

Now the ammo on the other hand is questionable. See here.

www.activistpost.com...

Spot on. A MRAP vs. 10-20 angry determined people doesn't stand a chance...of course, once those inside decide to dismount, it's another story entirely.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Military/Gov has to move around, sometimes in large numbers....but that doesnt mean anythings "UP".

EVERY TIME this gets mentioned...it never meant anything. Look how far back threads like this one go. Helicopters, train loads of miltary vehicles etc...it hasnt ever amounted to anything significant.

Transportation, exercises etc. Its all been normal ops. Scary maybe....but its what we do. Again...at no time did anything come of any threads like this.

If you dont agree...then look up old threads and tell me which ones DID amount to something other than natural movement. (and you cant say whats NORMAL to you...because its the damn military/gov....and they dont do anything NORMAL)

Dont freak out...unless they come and park on your street or circles above your house a hundred times.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Haha that's all good I don't come here to upset people
lol no I meant I'm gonna keep my backside out of this threads. Anyway if I was to send my gases anywhere it would be France

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Maybe getting ready for 12/21/2012 or maybe getting ready for war. Obama not backing Israel means they will more than likely hit Iranian targets. This will result in a huge uprising in the middle east and around the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join