It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choose Love...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Choose Love

Hello Fellow Friends,

Throughout our history, love has been in the center of many conversations, many philosophies and, of course, many beautiful stories. Romeo & Juliette comes to mind. In our cultural communities, love has been sung, written, acted and portrayed. One can easily think of a John Lennon, for example. Love has inspired poets, authors and movie directors alike.

Love is a natural chemical potion that does wonders in your body, your mind and your soul. It is the essence of Life. When you love, your brain releases chemicals that make you feel better. I am not talking about hormones going through the roof here as when you fall in love. I’m talking about chemicals that produce a feeling of comfort, of happiness.

[color=gold]Love versus Hate

When you hate, your body produces chemicals that hurt you. Ironic, isn’t it? While you spent time hating someone – most of the time without that person even knowing about it – it isn’t that person that really gets the culmination of your hate, but You. But it doesn’t stop at hating someone. Think about it. We do hate, whether we realize it or not. We hate that situation, or our boss, or our job, or our government, or another government, or a different culture, or an ideology, or organized religion, or,or,or,or,or...

Yes, we do hate. To various degrees. But when hate becomes so overwhelming that it eats you, without you realizing it, you are making yourself sick. Who hasn’t heard that “Oh I hate this, him, her or that so much...it makes me sick! “ But we still do it. We are controversial creatures. I was once told by a friend – who studied chemistry - that if we were to take a syringe and pump a little bit of your saliva – while you hate something so much that you are pissed black about it – and inject a pig with that liquid, that this pig would die within the next ten minutes, following the injection. Something to think about...

I will agree that society in general doesn’t help. Portraying the worst of what humans can do, through the multiple mass medias, day in, day out, doesn’t really help or inspire love. We are affected by it, no doubt. But we also have a gift that even angels do not enjoy the luxury and that is the freedom of choice. We can choose to be programmed the right way, or the wrong way. We can choose to be inspired, or demotivated. We can choose to be influenced by a newscast or an advertizing, or not. We can choose Love, or Hate...

[color=gold]Choose Love

For love to become universal, or global at least, it must start somewhere. Let it start with you ! You can do this ! You can start to choose. You can start right here on ATS if you wish to ! Small steps...

This poster gets on your nerves...choose Love

This thread infuriates you...choose Love

This troll sends your nerves in a bunch...choose Love

This youtube video is a joke...choose Love

This Moderator slapped your hand...choose Love

This argument eats you alive...choose Love

This topic scares you to death...choose Love

This member must be a shill for sure...choose Love

This member is such an idiot...choose Love

This avatar sends chills up my spine...choose Love

This newsbreak sends my emotions sky high...choose Love

Hey, it’s just a choice.

A couple of weeks ago, my sister sent me a youtube video of someone that I had never heard of before but that does talk about love. I am not one to promote youtube videos but in this case, I will make an exception as I believe that everyone could gain from this guy’s perspective on life. It was recorded in Toulouse, is an hour and thirteen minutes long and is translated simultaneously which could get on your nerves, I agree, but choose...well you know...

He’s from Australia, an ex farmer, he’s 74 years old and he talks common sense. He talks about life, he talks about love, our interaction with life, with nature, with others. He explains the concept of unconditional love. He talks of the 4th dimension and the 5th (he kinda lost me there...a bit too metaphysical for me but some of you might enjoy) and he talks about choices...

I think it is worth a watch...or two...or three...and that it will get you to think. So without further ado...

Michael J Roads

----------

Biological basis of love

What is the true meaning of love?

----------

Please, feel free to share your opinions.

Enjoy !!!

~Son.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
S&F

Thanks for the positive vibes my friend. Here's a couple of videos I think compliment your message.

annnnd

I can definitely vouch for the healing power of love verses the destructive nature of emotions routed in fear!

edit on 22-9-2012 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Such beautiful words my friend.

I'll wear my heart on my sleeve here and tell you that those words bought a tear to my eye.............

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It is interesting that love in one's mind is stronger, may hurt more, and is better than hating a person who really hates you. There are people who talk down on people because they hate them, thse people will not say, I hate you, they will laugh in mockery. It reminds me of grade school - putting each other down.

There are ways to make fun of things and laugh without hating them, but as mentioned there are components produced inside of a person's mind who takes the psychological approach of thinking negatively.

To love our enemies, to love everything only means that we see to the root of existence and we are thinking of other positive things.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Romeo & Juliette comes to mind. In our cultural communities, love has been sung, written, acted and portrayed. One can easily think of a John Lennon, for example. Love has inspired poets, authors and movie directors alike.

Jeah and we all know that ended up well for RandJ and John......

Hate is just as important as love. They are interrelated and there is a fine line between them.

It is a balance and it is all part of the whole.

Maybe I am too much of a cynic but I don't really believe in the "everything is love" thing, or in the "everything should be love" thing for hat matter.

But you are right, one shouldn't live in a perpetual state of hate but it has its place.
edit on 22-9-2012 by CuteGluteusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Choosing love is not an option when the condition is fear.
Fear cannot love. Fear can cling and fear can fight and defend but it cannot love. Only when the fear drops away will love be unveiled.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am so blessed to find myself in love right now. It is awesome!!! So many layers of sensation, but what really got me OP was when I read this,

feeling of comfort, of happiness.

Underneath the errrm powerful other feelings, is that, humming along. I could go on and on!
Kind of drunk on it. Synchronicity is off the charts as well.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I linked your thread in my thread. And here's my OP from the thread. Not a self serving advertisement at all. Just listen to the song. Star and flag for your good words.

"The Tide Is Turning"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"The Tide Is Turning"

A song by Roger Waters, from his 1987 ablum "Radio K.A.O.S."

Think on these things. Because you know the tide is turning...

Lyrics:
"The Tide Is Turning"
By Roger Waters

I used to think the world was flat
Rarely threw my hat into the crowd
I felt I had used up my quota of yearning
Used to look in on the children at night
In the glow of their Donald Duck light
And frighten myself with the thought of my little ones burning
But oh, oh, oh, the tide is turning
The tide is turning

Satellite buzzing through the endless night
Exclusive to moonshots and world title fights
Jesus Christ imagine what it must be earning
Who is the strongest, who is the best
Who holds the aces, the East or the West
This is the crap our children are learning
But oh, oh, oh, the tide is turning
The tide is turning
Oh, oh, oh, the tide is turning

Now the satellite's confused
'Cos on Saturday night
The airwaves were full of compassion and light
And his silicon heart warmed
To the sight of a billion candles burning
Oo, oo, oo, the tide is turning
Oo, oo, oo, the tide is turning
The tide is turning Billy

I'm not saying that the battle is won
But on Saturday night all those kids in the sun
Wrested technology's sword from the hand of the War Lords
Oh, oh, oh, the tide is turning
The tide is turning Sylvester

The tide is turning.

"That's it!"
[Morse Code:]
"Now the past is over but you are not alone Together we'll fight Sylvester Stallone We will not be dragged down in his South China Sea of macho bull# and mediocrity"

- PS

Happy Autum Everybody!!

"That's the Spirit!"
- Rutger Hauer, "Blade Runner"

edit on 9/22/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Great Message.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Choosing love is not an option when the condition is fear.
Fear cannot love. Fear can cling and fear can fight and defend but it cannot love. Only when the fear drops away will love be unveiled.

You can even love the fear. So, any emotion can be chosen at any time, no matter what you are feeling.

You can feel love and hate that you do, you can feel fear and hate it, you can feel fear and find a way to love that emotion, you can feel hate and love the fact that you are hating...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Thank you all for your various replies. If any one you have watched the video, there is one very interesting bit where he says:

Either you choose love, or fear will choose you...

Quite a statement ! In the times to come, I also believe that we facing crossroads. Humanity is about to change. It has to change. It is due for a change...

How we react to those coming changes are only up to us and it starts individually. It's our reality, it's our choice.

Food for thought.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Fear that suit we are trained to wear, a suit that is set inside us not outside. The suit of the dualistic mind. The biggest discovery is Love!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

They do compliment indeed ! Not only are they beautifully made but they carry an extremely important message !

Thank you so much for sharing !!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

The biggest discovery is Love!

It really is the key !!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientthunder

Fear that suit we are trained to wear, a suit that is set inside us not outside. The suit of the dualistic mind. The biggest discovery is Love!

Love is recognized as what you are (all there is) when the covering of fear has fallen away. There is no one that can choose.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So true, so true, if only we all knew.The question is if we all do know how come we don't act as if we do? What does thou seyeth to that?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I watched all three videos posted on here, and listened to the song of course. I had confirmed things I already knew, and learned some things I had no idea about. It is encouraging that simply by the act of choosing love we can indeed change the world, and by pursuing it as a constant choice, change ourselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Because people believe they are separate from the experience. If there is a belief in another there will be fear.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

It is encouraging that simply by the act of choosing love we can indeed change the world, and by pursuing it as a constant choice, change ourselves.

It is always a matter of choice. Not an easy one to make at times but if everyone, the 7 billion+ of us, were to do this, to choose love, could anyone imagine the impact it would have on our planet ?

I don't think we can even calculate the possible repercussions. Thank you for your reply, you have summarized this thread into one sentence !

new topics

top topics

join