It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Rep. Steve King defends dog fighting.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by randomname

I take it you fight dogs..... because only someone that does would be a dog fighting apologist. You're clearly a complete psychopath who is unable to feel empathy.

Can't speak for randomname, but I can say his opinion doesn't indicate in any way that he's a psychopath. Remember, some US states have only outlawed dog fighting in the past couple of decades, meaning a number of folks grew up with it being a cultural norm. Obama ate dog... did that make him a psychopath or was it because of the culture he grew up in? Bullfighting, horse tripping, dog fighting, and cock fighting are all legal and popular in Mexico... does that make the average Mexican a psychopath or is it a cultural difference?

I sat back and watched with thinly veiled amusement, the majority of America make complete asses out of themselves over Michael Vick's dog fighting case a few years back. Most people don't realize that dog & cock fighting weren't made illegal in the US for reasons of preventing animal cruelty. They were outlawed because the gambling which occurred around these activities represented a very sizeable chunk of money over which the feds received no taxes on. It was an economic law which was pressed to the American public via a federally supported information campaign to get Americans on board the "prevent brutality and cruelty" bandwagon... much the same as most "morality laws" are passed in this country. (see the "Drugs support terrorism" and "Gambling victimizes the poor" arguments.)

<< 1  2   >>

join