Romney Not Qualified To Be President

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Since when does qualifications have anything to do with become Potus?

That unqualified person sitting in the oval office is doing a "great job''.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Romney as Audit Chair Saw Marriott Son of BOSS Shelter Defy IRS

You do know that "hiding money and cheating the country" is a totally false statement and is also an illegal thing to do?

So that's why Romney did it then

Romney has had a close, long-standing, personal and business connection with Marriott International and its founders. He served as a member of the Marriott board of directors for many years. From 1993 to 1998, Romney was the head of the audit committee of the Marriott board.

During that period, Marriott engaged in a series of complex and high-profile maneuvers, including "Son of Boss," a notoriously abusive prepackaged tax shelter that investment banks and accounting firms marketed to corporations such as Marriott. In this respect, Marriott was in the vanguard of a then-emerging corporate tax shelter bubble that substantially undermined the entire corporate tax system.

Son of Boss and its related shelters represented perhaps the largest tax avoidance scheme in history, costing the U.S. many billions in lost corporate tax revenues. In response, the government initiated legal challenges that resulted in complete disallowance of the losses claimed by Marriott and other corporations.

In his key role as chairman of the Marriott board's audit committee, Romney approved the firm's reporting of fictional tax losses exceeding $70 million generated by its Son of Boss transaction. His endorsement of this stratagem provides insight into Romney's professional ethics and attitude toward tax compliance obligations.

www.cnn.com...

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Obama is more than qualified, get over it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by neo96

Obama is more than qualified, get over it.

Yeah ran this country in to the ground even worse than where he started.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wrong. The economy ismuch better off now than in 2008. But what does that have to do with someone being qualified for a job again?

Capital Economics found GDP in a downright healthier column than other economic portents. Numbers pulled from the International Monetary Fund show that the economy is now growing by close to 2 percent – a change of pace from four years ago, when GDP fell at an annualized rate of 8.9 percent.

The same is true for jobs, which surge ahead with roughly 100,000 new private-sector positions each month, a dramatic contrast with more than 700,000 jobs that the economy lost each month, 2008 onward.

www.dsnews.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That's not true. Obama was a multimillionaire and a large portion of the country loved him in 2008.

Yes, it is true.

You are comparing apples to oranges. Romney's net worth is much more than 10 times that of Obama's and he earned it through big business.

It's hard to live down that kind of success.

Obama's wealth is a non-issue.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

If you took a second to stop and think, you'd realize that the whole Republican talking point of "wealth envy" is completely not true. It is used as an excuse of why Romney is so unpopular.

People hate Romney because he made millions off destroying other peoples jobs, livelihoods, and pensions. They hate him because he was born into money and doesn't even attempt to understand how most Americans live, yet is trying to be president. He just looks like the stereotype of a country club elitist snob.

I've never heard someone say they hate Bill Gates/ Steve Jobs because they were billionaires. They are much richer than Romney and both were corporate overlords.

And Obama is richer than 99% of the country, but his wealth is a non-issue....makes a lot of sense...

edit on 22-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

People hate Romney because he made millions off destroying other peoples jobs, livelihoods, and pensions. They hate him because he was born into money and doesn't even attempt to understand how most Americans live, yet is trying to be president. He just looks like the stereotype of a country club elitist snob.

That is all very passionate and subjective. I suppose we should just increase government rules and not allow people to buy and sell companies any longer. What he "looks like" to you is subjective. You are certainly entitled to your opinion

I've never heard someone say they hate Bill Gates/ Steve Jobs because they were billionaires. They are much richer than Romney and both were corporate overlords.

What is your love affair with apples and oranges all about?
edit on 22-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Burp!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

“That raises the question: what else in those returns has Romney manipulated?”

It is funny how the rest of us do our taxes...but for some reason Romney manipulates his...is this a different way than the rest of us? Does Obama do his taxes or does he manipulate them....lol

Did Obama manipulate his school records... is that why he doesn't release them?

Also, why is it that putting millions into charities is not counted by the left as a form of self choice to where you want your money to go in support of America?....It seems the tax codes sees it that way, so why not the OP and many others too...

Find me which charities he donated to. I'm willing to bet more than a few were created by him in the first place.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by herenow
Just goes to show that ANYBODY can be president.

Ya just need a lot of money and quite a few string attachments.

And of course, no MORALS!
edit on 22-9-2012 by herenow because: (no reason given)

First of all, he's not President yet and secondly, we already knew anybody could be President; look at the asshat we have in there now. Nothing new and nothing to see here.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Zarniwoop

That's not true. Obama was a multimillionaire and a large portion of the country loved him in 2008. Mitt Romney isn't likeable and entirely unrelated, that's why he is hated.

That's the problem with our elections; people vote for all the wrong reasons. The just looooved Obama and the guy turned out to be the loser we all knew he was. And speak for yourself; I wouldn't say Romney is "hated". That's just your wishful thinking. All of your leftist friends in glass houses throwing stones at Romeny. It's really quite pathetic.

Half of Obama's administration were PROVEN to be tax frauds after he took office and nobody seemed to care but now you want a different set of rules for Romney? How typical; double-standard, hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Did you not read where I said Romney was governor?

You say it like it was a last minute thought and not a BIG DEAL....

So Obama was a wet behind the ears Senator that had little time to do anything with how short a period he was one... All he proved was that he was electable and nothing more. As for scholar, I would love to compare Romney's education to Obama's but we can't other than we know Romney kind of leads in that area too.

You seem to think Obama's credentials are fantastic while down playing everything Romney did as little importance as to whether he can lead or not...

If you think Romney is corrupt and can't understand the "little people" as Obama can. May I remind you Obama comes from just about the most politically corrupt state there is and he didn't get to be a Senator because he was the most honest politician... lol

We can look at events like how his wife went from 120k a year job to getting a raise to 350k a year right after he became a Senator.... ya right...

Or how his auto industries bailout only went to the unions.... another behind the door hand shake deal.... it's all there my friend if you care to look for it.

The big difference is we know Obama can't lead because we have REAL WORLD data over the last four years....just look around you.....

You say that even you could have done the same with the Olympics as Romney did, though we all know that is far from the truth, but I'll up one ya to a real truism...

YOU could have achieved more in recovering the economy with HALF the money that was wasted while repairing the constitution instead of ripping it to shreds than our current president.

That there my friend as about as true as it can get.....I'm sorry to say

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heehaw

Find me which charities he donated to. I'm willing to bet more than a few were created by him in the first place.

Lol ok, you just seem to want to go in that direction...I give up...he is so so bad...lol...is there no end to this?

Mitt Romney's campaign, in its latest attempt to respond to calls to release more years of tax returns, announced Friday that the Republican candidate averaged a 20 percent effective tax rate for the previous 20 years and never paid less than 13.66 percent.

Now you might say he is lying, but that would be the death of his political career, don't you think? They would not risk something like this if it wasn't accurate.

Romney also released his final tax return for 2011 on Friday. That document shows the Romneys paid $1.9 million in taxes on nearly $14 million in income, mostly from investments, giving them an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent.

The Romneys donated about $4 million to charity in 2011, or about 30 percent of their income, the document shows. Romney previously released his 2010 tax return but no others.

So the guy has paid almost 6 million out of his 14 million into taxes and charities... Is 43% good for you guys?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Romney Not Qualified To Be President

"We live in a country in which a person cannot get elected president if he
openly doubts the existence of heaven and hell. This is truly remarkable,
given that there is no other body of "knowledge" that we
require our political leaders to master. Even a hairstylist must pass a
licensing exam before plying his trade in the United States, and yet
those given the power to make war and national policy?those whose
decisions will inevitably affect human life for generations?are not
expected to know anything in particular before setting to work. They
do not have to be political scientists, economists, or even lawyers;
they need not have studied international relations, military history,
resource management, civil engineering, or any other field of knowledge
that might be brought to bear in the governance of a modern
superpower; they need only be expert fund-raisers, comport themselves
well on television, and be indulgent of certain myths. In our
next presidential election, an actor who reads his Bible would almost
certainly defeat a rocket scientist who does not. Could there be any
clearer indication that we are allowing unreason and otherworldliness
to govern our affairs?
" -Sam Harris, The End of Faith

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

Yawn. I don't like Obama or Romney, they are both Goldman Sachs candidates.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

You seem to think Obama's credentials are fantastic while down playing everything Romney did as little importance as to whether he can lead or not...

Yup, because Romney didn't do much other than shady business deals. And be a governor.

The big difference is we know Obama can't lead because we have REAL WORLD data over the last four years....just look around you.....
''

I'm looking, I don't see anything. +

Or how his auto industries bailout only went to the unions.... another behind the door hand shake deal.... it's all there my friend if you care to look for it.

You mean the bail out Bush started and congress voted for?

You say that even you could have done the same with the Olympics as Romney did, though we all know that is far from the truth, but I'll up one ya to a real truism...

Yeah, getting millions from the federal government isn't really hard to work with.

YOU could have achieved more in recovering the economy with HALF the money that was wasted while repairing the constitution instead of ripping it to shreds than our current president.

The constitution was torn to shreds not long after it was created. It's not anything new.

If you think Romney is corrupt and can't understand the "little people" as Obama can. May I remind you Obama comes from just about the most politically corrupt state there is and he didn't get to be a Senator because he was the most honest politician... lol

Nooooooooo really? You mean a presidential candidate is corrupt? Welcome to reality, they all are. But what does being corrupt have to do with understating how the underclass lives? Romney is not qualified to be president if he thinks 200k a year is middle class. He doesn't even understand the reality most people live in.
edit on 24-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sablicious

I pretty much agree with that statement but by changing the text and not spacing it out it hurt my eyes.

I think a lot of people are going pass on reading it.

Looks like one giant run on sentence.

But thanks for the quote.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
OK.. YES, ALL CAPS. HOPEFULLY IT WILL SINK THROUGH TO SOME OF YOU THICK BRAINED INTERNET JUNKIES.

SO... YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE A PRESIDENT THAT ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO SIGN UP FOR SOCIAL WELFARE PROGRAMS, THAN A PRESIDENT THAT ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO BE THE BEST THEY CAN BE? TO GO OUT AND TRY TO BE ENTREPRENEURS, TAKE CHANCES, BE BRAVE AND TRY TO MAKE A MILLION?

SIT ON YOUR A$$, COLLECT GOVERNMENT (MY TAX DOLLARS)BENEFITS?

THIS COUNTRY NEEDS MORE ENTREPRENEURS, MORE MILLIONAIRES THAN EVER BEFORE.

THOSE RICH BASTARDS THAT YOU GUYS HATE SO MUCH.. HIRE PEOPLE!!
edit on 24-9-2012 by carl6405 because: mis spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
What we need in Congress, the Senate and the White House are people just like me and you. People that are in touch with reality and know what it is like to struggle. The ones that are currently in control are after their own financial interests and well being, not ours! Then we have the super rich elites that are pulling the strings behind the scenes. I can sum up the worlds problems with one simple word: Greed. On the other hand there is also "The Control" aspect of things. If we all could just bunker down and stop consuming from the machine that consumes us as a whole, things would be much different in a very short amount of time. My 5 cents worth, you know, counting inflation and all...

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join