It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Not Qualified To Be President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   

"I don't pay more than are legally due and frankly if I had paid more than are legally due I don't think I'd be qualified to become president. I'd think people would want me to follow the law and pay only what the tax code requires" - Mitt Romney

Why Did Romney Overpay His Taxes?

This claim is fanciful in several ways. First, if Romney promised to pay at least 13 percent in taxes, why did he take only enough deductions to bring his rate down to 14.1 percent, when he was eligible for much more?

By his own standard, then, he is not qualified to become president. But as much as it reveals the absurdities of Mitt Romney, his voluntary overpayment underscores the absurdities of the current tax system. Romney owes so little because of the tax code’s favoritism toward the rich. Whereas the top rate on salary, wages, and tips is 35 percent, the top rate on interest, dividends, and long-term capital gains is only 15 percent. This is economically inefficient, because it encourages businesses and individuals to structure their affairs to take advantage of the differential. It is also instinctively unfair, because it privileges a hedge-fund manager’s carried interest over a factory worker’s wages.

www.slate.com... html

"The information released today reveals that Mitt Romney manipulated one of the only two years of tax returns he's seen fit to show the American people — and then only to 'conform' with his public statements," the Nevada Democrat said in a statement. “That raises the question: what else in those returns has Romney manipulated?”

He then asked when will "the American people see the returns he filed before he was running for president?"

www.newsmax.com...

From his own words Romney does not feel he is qualified to be president. Why should anyone take him seriously anymore? He just disqualified himself.

We all know why he over payed though, because he has been planning his presidential run for years and knew that paying a low tax rate would be a public relations crisis.

edit on 22-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just goes to show that ANYBODY can be president.

Ya just need a lot of money and quite a few string attachments.

And of course, no MORALS!
edit on 22-9-2012 by herenow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Romney Not Qualified To Be President

Don't worry about it.

There is a man behind the curtains pulling the levers anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Obama -400 Romney +300

The Romney campaign is falling apart like a two dollar watch.

(Bovada Sports)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well no wonder he wont release them.

I just got a flyer dropped off at my door talking about cutting 20% in taxes for job Creators. (Increase for the poor)

Creating a Reagan Economic Zone to strengthen free enterprise around the world. (More double speak)

Protecting businesses and workers from labor unions.

Who is going to protect us from him?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
OH NO! GASP

youtu.be...

I wish you guys could find some really juicy stuff.
edit on 103030p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Kind of a lose/lose situation here set up for ole Mitt.

If you're rich, people hate you... If you try to hide it, people hate you.

Although, I think this issue is one of the least important ones of the race.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
LOL! And Obama was qualified to be President? A man who didn't even fulfill the task he was elected to do as a Senator, as he was too busy running for POTUS instead? Believe me, I checked his record before voting. He didn't deserve to be President on that alone. Obviously, being qualifiable isn't a real issue these days when it comes to being POTUS. Just as having done NOTHING to earn a Noble Peace Prize definitely shouldn't get in the way of someone receiving one these days.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

President Barack Obama said in February 2009 that his presidency would be "one-term proposition" if the economy did not recover in three years, giving him less than six months from today.

Then we need Better choices......Cause this President Claims hes a one Term President.......

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

“That raises the question: what else in those returns has Romney manipulated?”

It is funny how the rest of us do our taxes...but for some reason Romney manipulates his...is this a different way than the rest of us? Does Obama do his taxes or does he manipulate them....lol

Did Obama manipulate his school records... is that why he doesn't release them?

Also, why is it that putting millions into charities is not counted by the left as a form of self choice to where you want your money to go in support of America?....It seems the tax codes sees it that way, so why not the OP and many others too...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's starting to look like Romney releasing these reviews of his tax returns was a bad idea, or at least not done well enough. I think people are starting to pick through and question some of the details, especially him overpaying most likely to keep his taxes consistent with his statements of paying over 13 percent the past 10 years or whatever it was.

I just wanted to comment on one part of the NewsMax article that seemed interesting to me.

After the 2011 return was released, the Romney campaign circulated a news report commenting that "it appears that Harry Reid’s infamous source alleging that Romney paid nothing in taxes for 10 years was wrong.”

They didn't issue a press release, or a statement... they 'circulated a news report'? Am I reading this right? I'm sure NewsMax is not the most reliable source and is subject to the same sorts of bias and manipulation as the rest of the media, and this may be nothing at all - I could just be reading it wrong - but it seems like they are saying they floated a news report that rebuked Harry Reid and his prior statements on Romneys tax returns trying to get the word out quick and act like it is a fact this whole issue has been settled.

I don't know. Something about that statement just seems incredibly wrong to me.

'the Romney campaign circulated a news report'

I'm kind of a stickler for English and words and writing and all that so I may just be putting my editor cap on a bit too tightly, but I think it is interesting, none the less.

Anyways, shame on anyone who votes for either of these 2 idiots.
edit on 22-9-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

That's not true. Obama was a multimillionaire and a large portion of the country loved him in 2008. Mitt Romney isn't likeable and entirely unrelated, that's why he is hated.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LeSigh

He's far more qualified to be president than Romney. The only thing Romney's done in his life is run a parasitic vulture capitalist corporation and governor.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

It was a horrible idea, paying more on your taxes to avoid a public relations crisis is just sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I was just thinking today how last election's "race card" is this election's "wealth card". Whenever I say something about Romney's penchant for hiding his money and cheating the country out of the full amount of taxes, I get, "You hate him because he's RICH"!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Do people forget that Obama is rich?

If poor people or society hated rich people then celebrities wouldn't be worshipped, they would be hated.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

reply to post by LeSigh

He's far more qualified to be president than Romney. The only thing Romney's done in his life is run a parasitic vulture capitalist corporation and governor.

Not a Romney supporter. Romney and Obama look the same from where I'm standing. However, for someone (cough-you-cough) to see it in one and overlook it in the other makes no sense to me.

BTW- what are your thoughts on Bill Clinton's qualifications to be President? He'd only been a governor. I'm curious.
edit on 22-9-2012 by LeSigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I was just thinking today how last election's "race card" is this election's "wealth card". Whenever I say something about Romney's penchant for hiding his money and cheating the country out of the full amount of taxes, I get, "You hate him because he's RICH"!

You do know that "hiding money and cheating the country" is a totally false statement and is also an illegal thing to do?

The whole off-shore thing to hide money only works if you are a drug dealer dealing in cash.... The IRS is extremely good at tracking down those that try.

I think you are cheating the country out of taxes because you do not make more money than what you do..... see how this all works in any direction?

If I made 3 million and gave 1.5 million to charity and that equated to zero federal taxes is that cheating the country out of taxes?

If I made 3 million off of investments and paid 15% in federal taxes is that cheating the country out of taxes?

If I made 30k and paid zero in federal taxes or charity is that cheating the country out of taxes?

I think rich or poor if you do your taxes legally then it is a non-issue...don't you?

The fact that Obama can waste 800 billion of tax payer money and you all care little, BUT feel the need to waste your time on Romney's taxes speaks volumes....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

And Obama was what? We see how Obama's skills and qualifications have helped him this last four years...

I almost choked on my beer reading this....lol

The only thing Romney has done in his life.......and governor....AND GOVERNOR lol

How about being the CEO of the Winter Olympics taking it from 350 million in the red to 100 million in the black oh ya AND A GOVERNOR... lol once again

edit on 22-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

And Obama was what?

Senator
State Congressman
Civil Rights Lawyer
Constitutional Scholar
Community Organizer
Understands how the poor,middle class, and rich live in the USA
Lived internationally for an extended amount of time

How about being the CEO of the Winter Olympics taking it from 350 million in the red to 100 million in the black

Yeah I could do that too as long as I was given federal money to fund it, anyone could

Romney's own telling of the story, is how that hope for the 2002 Olympics was also restored through $342 million in direct federal funding and an additional $1.1 billion in indirect financing from Washington.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Did you not read where I said Romney was governor?
Why do you keep saying it over and over again?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join