It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post your favorite Col. Jack O'Neill quotes from SG-1

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
" does it say colonel anywhere on my uniform?"

[ to a nurse with a needle] " Listen, really jam it in this time, okay?"

" It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just stops by to say 'hi' anymore."

" If it wasn't for SG-1, right now you'd be sittin' there with a snake in your head, instead of your head up you're a..."

I know there's a million of'em...Should be no problem for fans of the show..I could go for hours, but it's 6 am, must sleep now

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
".............?" to S. Carter.

I wish they would finish the SGU series.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
-"One man's ceiling is another man's floor."

-"So it's possible there's an alternate version of myself out there that actually understands what the hell you're talkin' about? "

-"Can't help you there. That's between you and your god. Oh, wait a minute, you *are* your god. That's a problem."

-"Yeah. But where there's a garden, there's snakes."

-"You know what the Goa'uld really want from us? Minnesota. That's what. For the fishing mostly."

-"Well, we're off to see the Wizard."

-Teal'c: "There appears to be no fish here, O'Neill."
O'Neill: "it's not about the actual fish, themselves. Fish are not important in this context. It's about fish-ing, the act of fishing itself."

-"The hell with culture - a member of my team has been neutralized. That's a hostile act. "

-Martin Lloyd: "A top secret government program involving instantaneous travel to other solar systems by means of a device known as a Stargate."
O'Neill: "Sounds like a good idea for a TV show. If you're into that sort of thing."

Got so many more too. Sg-1 is probably my favorite show of all time next to Lost.

Edit: Oh and I havent even got to finish Sg-1 because they just took it off Netflix
. Anyone know a good way to watch it?
edit on 22-9-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Col. O'Neill: "We made a mistake, a big mistake. And we're very sorry. But we also saved your little grey butts from the replicators, and now we want your help. I'm not asking you to change the course of their cultural development. Just fix the damn sun! No one will know. We won't tell."

Col. O'Neill: "You ended that sentence with a preposition? Bastard!"

Col. O'Neill: "We just saved your flat little white asses from the Replicators. This is the thanks we get?"

Col. O'Neill: "For all we know you could be her evil twin. But then we'd be dealing with clichés, and you know how I feel about those. No, actually, *you* know how I feel about those."

Col. O'Neill: " If it wasn't for SG-1, right now you'd be sittin' there with a snake in your head, instead of your head up you're a..."

I could go on all day....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
"...smarter than we are."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Y'all have the quotes covered, but I will say this...SG-1 was and still is one of my fav shows, up until Anderson left. I'm thinking that a lot of the writers left around that time as well as it definitly took a turn for the worst.

I did enjoy SGU though. It was kind of a anti-SG to me. Like Babylon 5 was the anti-Trek.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Around what season does he leave? Im half way through 5 but they just took it off Netflix. The show will definitely not be the same without him.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Season eight, he is replaced as he is promoted to General. Which makes sense as you can only be a Col. for so long before they drum you out.

And one thing SG-1 had was the support of the USAF, who even had a Technical Advisor assigned to them to keep things accurate.

From wiki:

In season eight, he chose to have his character "promoted" to base commander on Don S. Davis's advice.[11] This enabled the late Davis to retire from acting due to his ailing health, and Anderson to take over the smaller role which involved far less on-location shooting so that he could spend more time with his young daughter.[12]
edit on 22-9-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Oh, well at least I got 3 more seasons with him. I remember hearing something about him getting a honorary rank in the Air Force, so it makes sense that the Air Force was involved.

I cant get over how well thought out it all is, and how well they arc the plot. I learn a lesson every episode. Plus Im a big fan of Ancient Culture, and the whole "Ancient Alien" theory so it has great real world connection for me. All I can think to say is that Im sad its over.

Is Stargate Atlantis any good?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

It's entertaining, but not on the level of SG-1 or SGU.

But that is just my opinion, I'm not a paid critic...just a critic.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"I haven't acted like myself since I met you, Major. NOW I'm acting like myself."

--When Carter remarks on his change of personality after he turns mean when stealing a piece of technology from another civilization.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

It would depend on who you ask, as evidenced by another post above. I love Atlantis. And the Stargate world wouldn't be complete without it.

Also, you can find all episodes of SG1 online easily with a simple Google search. It's a sad day when Netflix takes those episodes away.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Haven't watched the show in ages, I still need to finish it in fact. I think I was up to season 5 myself.

This quote will never leave my mind: "In the middle of my back-swing?!" O'Neill while driving golf balls with Teal'c through the Stargate.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Edit: Oh and I havent even got to finish Sg-1 because they just took it off Netflix
. Anyone know a good way to watch it?
edit on 22-9-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

I had the same gripe about Netflix and SG-1. But I've been watching the rest of the series here:

Project Free TV

It has a couple of pop-ups but I've been using it even before Netflix took away SG-1 with no problems so I think it's safe.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the laughs guys...I didn't expect so many replies...I have a smile from ear to ear reading these posts.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Here's a link I use to watch it on now since netflix went to dvd only. SG-1 I think netflix took sg-1 and atlantis off of instant watch to try and save their dvd in the mail service..I know from reading the comments on netflix that people where absolutely livid, me included..I've seen every single episode multiple times, but damn, I still watched it a couple times a week on there
edit on 22-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoneMosaic
Haven't watched the show in ages, I still need to finish it in fact. I think I was up to season 5 myself.

This quote will never leave my mind: "In the middle of my back-swing?!" O'Neill while driving golf balls with Teal'c through the Stargate.

That whole episode is a really good one Window of Opportunity

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Y'all have the quotes covered, but I will say this...SG-1 was and still is one of my fav shows, up until Anderson left. I'm thinking that a lot of the writers left around that time as well as it definitly took a turn for the worst.

I did enjoy SGU though. It was kind of a anti-SG to me. Like Babylon 5 was the anti-Trek.

You are absolutely right, it did kind of go down hill after he left..I didn't like Mitchell as first, but he grew on me..Beau Bridges as Gen. Landry did a excellent job i thought..He was no Gen. Hammond though..The last few seasons where a disappointment

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

They did have advisors from the Air Force on set, but they said they where to advise on the combat scenes and the explosives the show used..They also had scientific advisors on set as well. The Air Force made him an honorary brigadier general, pretty darn cool title to get..As far as Atlantis goes, it can be hit or miss, but overall it's an entertaining show..Nothin' will ever be as good as the original

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I could go on all day....

You and me both brother, you and me both...When I get back tonight I'll go buck wild on some quotes

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join