It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ann Romneys emergency landing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...
politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

No injuries were reported. ... Mitt Romney spoke with his wife on the phone...

Well I hope not mid-flight!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
pretty sure she needed a frappucino, Decaf*.
edit on 22-9-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
pretty sure she needed a frappucino, Decaf*.
edit on 22-9-2012 by POPtheKlEEN89 because: (no reason given)

You're a disgusting human being for making a joke of a situation like this. People could have died. Sickening.

I am glad the plane landed safely and everyone onboard seems to be fine. I can't imagine how I would feel knowing my wife was in a plane and the cabin was being filled with smoke from an electrical fire.
edit on 22-9-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Calm down dude. Anyone, anywhere in the world could die at any second. Ive been in a few near death situations myself, but was able to laugh about it during and afterwards. You shouldn't judge people. A world without jokes would be mighty lame.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveWx3

Calm down dude. Anyone, anywhere in the world could die at any second. Ive been in a few near death situations myself, but was able to laugh about it during and afterwards. You shouldn't judge people. A world without jokes would be mighty lame.

Laughing about something that happened to you is one thing, laughing at someone else almost dying is something different entirely. What's funny about a plane making an emergency landing due to a fire? The fact you think it's acceptable to make a joke about hundreds of people potentially losing someone they love RIGHT after it happened is telling.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Laughing about something that happened to you is one thing, laughing at someone else almost dying is something different entirely. What's funny about a plane making an emergency landing due to a fire? The fact you think it's acceptable to make a joke about hundreds of people potentially losing someone they love RIGHT after it happened is telling.

He was making a joke as to why there was an emergency landing. He didn't say "HAHA they almost died in a fiery crash".

Just a question for my own knowledge though, How long do we have to wait before it is acceptable in your eyes to make humor out of a POTENTIAL tragedy? A week? Longer?
edit on 22-9-2012 by DaveWx3 because: wording

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

He was making a joke as to why there was an emergency landing. He didn't say "HAHA they almost died in a fiery crash".

Just a question for my own knowledge though, How long do we have to wait before it is acceptable in your eyes to make humor out of a POTENTIAL tragedy? A week? Longer?

Actually he did say that, different words same meaning. It was callous. And how about you wait until the people involved signal it's time, maybe they make a joke about it. Not everything should become a joke.

Your wife/mother gives birth to a child and the baby dies during the birthing process. How long do you wait before you start making jokes about it to them? Enough said.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

No one almost died and there were no hundreds of people it was a private chartered fight.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
...no hundreds of people it was a private chartered fight.

You don't often find people on a privatly chartered flight.
Even more rare is people on a privatly owned plane. Cept the pilots.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Summerian because: I'm not telling.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Actually he did say that, different words same meaning. It was callous. And how about you wait until the people involved signal it's time, maybe they make a joke about it. Not everything should become a joke.

Your wife/mother gives birth to a child and the baby dies during the birthing process. How long do you wait before you start making jokes about it to them? Enough said.

He was making a joke regarding his perception of her social status. Saying it was over a coffee, was saying that she has the ability to tell pilots to make a pit stop so she can run a personal errand. That has absolutely nothing to do with dying in a fiery crash.

Your mom/wife scenario is very dramatic and unrelated. Here's one for you: Your mom drives down the road and her engine starts smoking into the cabin of the car. She pulls over, exits the vehicle, and calls a tow truck. Would you be offended if someone made a wise crack about her just wanting a new car? The potential for death was there, but is there really a need for an allotted grievance period?

To the OP: I'm really sorry we kinda hijacked your thread. I wont post anymore, I promise. And thanks for posting, I don't really care about the scenario, but I was at least interested enough to click your links. Star for an apology.
edit on 22-9-2012 by DaveWx3 because: Note to OP

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

So electrical fires on an airplane are no big deal? From your post history I have no doubt you could care less since it was Romney's kin. Oh and what happens when a plane crash lands where a lot of people are, seems to me that's the potential for a lot of casualties.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Yes because issues with an airplane and issues with a car are identical. You even get it, because of who she is he could not care less about her well being or the fact something almost terrible happend. It's callous. I despise the Obama's, if a plane Michelle was in had this happen I would genuinely be concerned and my prayers would be going out to her family. Because you don't like someone jokes are suddenly acceptable. It's disgusting.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   

reply to post by DaveWx3

Yes because issues with an airplane and issues with a car are identical. You even get it, because of who she is he could not care less about her well being or the fact something almost terrible happend. It's callous. I despise the Obama's, if a plane Michelle was in had this happen I would genuinely be concerned and my prayers would be going out to her family. Because you don't like someone jokes are suddenly acceptable. It's disgusting.

OP: Once again, I'm sorry, I know I promised I wouldn't post again, but I feel like there is a misunderstanding here.

You compared the small electrical fire on an airplane to complications in childbirth resulting in a death. I'm sure I'm not the only one here who thinks the car scenario was much more appropriate.

You do realize that an 'emergency' landing does not mean the plane crashed or had to land in the middle of a freeway right? It simply means the plane had to land before its original destination.

You even said wait until the individuals joke about it themselves.

Sarah Haley, Ann Romney's press secretary, described the incident on Twitter: "Our plane made an emergency landing because of smoke in the cabin. Everyone is safe. Don't need any caffeine to wake me up now!"

That is a joke from Sarah Haley, who was on the plane. 'Tweeted' after the landing. Truly disgusting.

I have no opinion of Ann Romney or Michelle Obama, just as I'm sure they have no opinion of me so there is no bias as to who I would 'send prayers to'. You are trying too hard.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Yes, it may be something she finds funny tomorrow, in which case let a joke fly. It may be something that is traumatic to her for the rest of her life, in which case your PERSONAL DISLIKE for her is not cause to make jokes.

My point with the mother losing a baby is that some things NEVER become funny. So again, I ask you, what is funny about a plane needing to make an emergency landing due to a fire.

Although in-flight electrical fires are rare, they can happen at any time—and they can be disastrous.

www.aopa.org...

Just because disaster was averted does not mean it is funny. This was a serious event that thankfully turned out ok. How about the first thing we do is be THANKFUL everyone is ok, instead of the FIRST response being a joke on the victim. It's so disgusting to have such little regard for human life. Everyone is ok, but children COULD have lost their mother. A husband COULD have lost his wife. How about we stop and think about that instead of letting our hatred take hold.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Sarah Haley, Ann Romney's press secretary, described the incident on Twitter: "Our plane made an emergency landing because of smoke in the cabin. Everyone is safe. Don't need any caffeine to wake me up now!"

That is a joke from Sarah Haley, who was on the plane. 'Tweeted' after the landing. Truly disgusting.

I have no opinion of Ann Romney or Michelle Obama, just as I'm sure they have no opinion of me so there is no bias as to who I would 'send prayers to'. You are trying too hard.

Last I checked you didn't make the joke, you are simply defending the person who did. Sarah made a joke, she's open season for respectable jokes. If you want to defend someones FIRST RESPONSE being to make a joke towards someone they do not like who was in a traumatic event you go for it. It's disgusting and says something about your character. I don't care who it is, my first response will always be to hope they are ok, not take potshots at them.

With that said I am done with the topic, my thoughts go out to the Romney family and I am glad everyone onboard is alright.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Last I checked you didn't make the joke, you are simply defending the person who did. Sarah made a joke, she's open season for respectable jokes. If you want to defend someones FIRST RESPONSE being to make a joke towards someone they do not like who was in a traumatic event you go for it. It's disgusting and says something about your character. I don't care who it is, my first response will always be to hope they are ok, not take potshots at them.

With that said I am done with the topic, my thoughts go out to the Romney family and I am glad everyone onboard is alright.

I have so many questions before you leave: What does that say about my character? You can make a complete character judgement because someone doesn't agree with you on what is funny or not? What is a respectable joke? Language and subject matter you agree with? How do you know that was his first response? This is an internet forum not his brain. He can think things before he posts. Perhaps he did pray they were all safe before making his post.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

U2U me with questions, I am not going to keep posting here about this. I will gladly tell you what it says about your character.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

reply to post by DaveWx3

U2U me with questions, I am not going to keep posting here about this. I will gladly tell you what it says about your character.

Let me know if you got it. Ive never had to U2U someone before, so I don't know if I did it right.

new topics

top topics

join