It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Proof NASA/JPL Copy & Pasted Images at Gale Crater Curiosity Landing Site on Mars!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Of course, 1 cm. is an exaggeration. But a (PRE LAUNCH) more accurate, (one meter per pixel?) and sharp IMAGE of this landing site, and of the whole crater.

Here you go:

jmars.mars.asu.edu...

Have fun!

Is fundamental know even the more little rock that will derail the landing of the rover.

Hence, "Seven Minutes of Terror." They got lucky.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Arken

Is this what you're looking for?

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

No. I know that already. Thx. These kind of images are only for entertainment.

Forgive my "desiderata"...

The question of this thread is: NASA/JPL Copy & Pasted Images at Gale Crater Curiosity Landing Site on Mars

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
The OP's (and others') questions have been answered several times.

OP first claims per YT videos that NASA faked imagery from Curiosity. That is shown to be false. Then he and others shift their stated goals and say that no, no they want the Curiosity landing site images from the orbiters. Those are provided. OP then shifts again and claims they need to.be 1 cm res. It is shown this does not exist. He then says he's exaggerating. He's shown 1m res. images. OP goes back to original claim (for what I think is the third time but I may have miscounted.

21 f'ing flags!!? ATS should implement some way to see WHO exactly flagged a thread. People flag the craziest stuff when they don't have to stand behind it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Don't worry Fox....
The threads for "The real PRE-LAUNCH detailed image of Curiosity landing site in Gale Crater..." or "What kind of Data and detailed image of the terrain has NASA to choose exactly that site..." or "Why Gale Crater?" or "Why a so poor and low res images from Curiosity......" Coming Soon on this screen.

Don't worry and stay tuned.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I starred and flagged this even before reading (and I will read it today). But just out of curiosity
, has Phage et al stepped in to the thread to debunk? I guess I'll find out later.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by heineken

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
There is a big error here, people. I went to the site to find that this program is a SIMULATION tool designed BEFORE the actual land. Therefore the images are NOT from Curiosity, and are not purported to be. Copy and pasted, indeed, by guys intending to roughly simulate the rover's future landing. The You Tubers here are trippin.mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

and they said an official statement from NASA is needed lol

nice job man debunking this

It is absolutely clear that these photoshopped images are not from Curiosity mission, but from MRO and other probes!

Only an idiot could think that these images coming from Curiosity. How can a mission that has not lift up from Earth, show the site where it will land?

So NASA, please, Show the actual images before Curiosity, without Photoshop COPY & PASTE.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Your question was answered on page one, by this post here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The purpose of that link was to entertain, help generate interest in the MSL project. It was not used to explore the landing site prior to Curiosity landing. So yes, those pictures are cut, copied, pasted and CGI rendered for that purpose: entertainment.

As to "Where are the high resolution pictures of the crater" pre-landing:

Gale Crater Landing Site (warning file size is 228 MB)

That image was put together with the help of the Arizona State University.

The selection of the landing site and "why" there, it was selected by: the public.

The formal selection of the MSL landing site began in 2006, when the public was solicited to suggest locations on Mars for consideration. Over 60 sites were proposed, and over the course of 5 landing site workshops attended by members of the Mars science and engineering community (June 2006, October 2007, September 2008, September 2010, and May 2011) the list was narrowed to four candidate sites. Mosaics for these four sites, Eberswalde, Gale, Holden, and Mawrth Vallis, are available on this website. In July 2011, NASA announced that the MSL rover, Curiosity, will land at Gale crater. For additional information regarding the landing site selections process see Golombek et al. (2012).

Mars Science Labratory Landing Site Selection

As for "not know what is on the surface when it landed", they had a very good idea of what to expect from the high resolution photos taken from orbit (which are freely available to you, if you bother to look, or you can continue to make wild claims). They also designed Curiosity's mobility system to be prepared for a multitude of situations of landing on certain sized rocks:

Rocker-Bogie suspension system

Curiosity Rover Specifications

There was (and always is) the danger of a very large rock or some other disaster. Nothing is 100%, but that is the chance you take when you are exploring other worlds.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by Arken

I starred and flagged this even before reading (and I will read it today). But just out of curiosity
, has Phage et al stepped in to the thread to debunk? I guess I'll find out later.

Thx for your star and flag... but your personal opinion needed and is more important than star and flag.

I wait your comment, and however appreciate

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thak you for your effort. I appreciate.

stars.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Arken

Is this what you're looking for?

hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

No. I know that already. Thx. These kind of images are only for entertainment.

Forgive my "desiderata"...

The question of this thread is: NASA/JPL Copy & Pasted Images at Gale Crater Curiosity Landing Site on Mars

What the..? Those images are for entertainment? But the video game you linked to in your first post is supposed to be scientifically correct? That link you just got is to the raw images that the video game is made of!

For example, the image ESP_021610_1755 was probably used in the mosaic of the video game (it's one of several that includes the crater in question. It's on page 6 of the link you just got). Here's a quick preview of the image (WARNING: even the preview is still 1295*32000 pixels in size). For full, raw, details you should download the JP2 files (size ranges from 200MB to 750MB, depending what you want).

Also, if you want to search the HiRISE images based on coordinates, you can use this link: hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

That's how I found the image I posted as example. The crater coordinates are ~ 4.75 S, 137.37 E based on a quick glance at Google Earth.

EDIT: By "crater" I'm referring to the duplicate black spot. Which is not actually a crater. Apologies for any confusion.
edit on 22-9-2012 by MacAnkka because: correction

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am fully convinced NASA and their handlers present fake photos and the like. That's the reason for the preemptive star and flag. I'll have more to say about your specific OP later after a read through.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This is a photo mosaic from different imaging sources. The work is poor and probably done by a young and inexperienced technician. I have seen these kind of duplicate images, or missing images, in photo mosaics throughout my career in cartography and photogrammetry done by inexperienced technicians on earth photo mosaics, as well as photo mosaics of planetary bodies such as this example. I don't think they are hiding anything, it is just pure sloppy work that should have been caught in the quality control and quality assurance checks. There are no good excuses for the poor work, and especially lack of solid quality control and assurance reviews by an experienced team member.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There was obviously a big reason they sent Curiosity to this area. Although it could just be a mistake, I have often believed NASA does cover up what they do not believe the public can handle.

Is it also possible that Spirit not unlike it's twin Opportunity is still functioning and only went dark?

Interesting to say the least, thank you Arken for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed by this thread, embarrassed for the OP, and I'm embarrassed by how many people are subscribing to this pool of thought.

I mean really? C'mon people, the human brain is capable of more than this surely?

You clearly haven't been in the
political forums recently haha.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by lunarcartographer

This is a photo mosaic from different imaging sources.

Exact.

The work is poor and probably done by a young and inexperienced technician.

No. The NASA/JPL photoshop work is fine and very well done.

I don't think they are hiding anything

I think they hide something that goes beyond our immagination. Something really huge.

it is just pure sloppy work that should have been caught in the quality control and quality assurance checks.

This is the same quality of the images that NASA/JPL/UoA make public.

There are no good excuses for the poor work, and especially lack of solid quality control and assurance reviews by an experienced team member.

Oh Yes. There is a really, ONLY ONE, good excuse for this fraud....

Only one question: are you a NASA member/employer of the press office for the official excuses?

edit on 22-9-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I wish I had of thoroughly looked at the link in the description of the videos before posting a comment.
This does appear to be a simulation of Mars data only.
The other link, HiRes.Arizona.Edu
appears more appropriate.

However I do notice on that site it says:
HiRISE images of what Curiosity will explore next year.

Are these images from Spirit or Opportunity?

Does it really even matter if the Martian surface has not changed?

Interesting thread.

edit on 22-9-2012 by iamusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Of course, 1 cm. is an exaggeration. But a (PRE LAUNCH) more accurate, (one meter per pixel?) and sharp IMAGE of this landing site, and of the whole crater.

HiRISE photos are usually 30 cm per pixel, isn't that enough?

Is fundamental know even the more little rock that will derail the landing of the rover.

Yes, that's why they always choose flat areas clear of large boulders.

PS: this talk about centimetres/metres made me think, are you from the US?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Oh Yes. There is a really, ONLY ONE, good excuse for this fraud....

WHAT "fraud?!"

Ugh... I give up. How old are you? Reading this is like listening to my (much) younger brothers argue (my dad got his second wind with his second wife...
)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Anomalies! A Dozen, in the same Area! There is an obvious image manipulation for the image composite of Gale Crater, Curiosity rover landing site on Mars. These videos (from different YouTubers) revealing even more copy and paste manipulation from the NASA image at GALE CRATER!

Photoshop work at full power at JPL/NASA!

PROOF of a major NASA cover up?!

Something to hide to the public eyes?

For you personal homeworks: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

To Mod: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx.

Your posting to me are truly some of the best on the net and ATS !

That forth one is a killer video showing the truth of posting duplicate imagery, I think that I've ever seen. What a great FIND!

I terrible thing about the whole thing is it seems to be a diversion from the real artifacts, structures, buildings on mars. Are maybe if they muddy the waters enough that will make all the structures go away.

I always thought that if your on to something interesting like obvious unnatural -artifacts - That you would do everything you can to magnify and bring it out to the public.

But it seems with these photos that there is more side-stepping- juking, elusiveness than the best running back in NFL history.

Great original post indeed ! THANKS !

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join