It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Proof NASA/JPL Copy & Pasted Images at Gale Crater Curiosity Landing Site on Mars!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
There is a big error here, people. I went to the site to find that this program is a SIMULATION tool designed BEFORE the actual land. Therefore the images are NOT from Curiosity, and are not purported to be. Copy and pasted, indeed, by guys intending to roughly simulate the rover's future landing. The You Tubers here are trippin.mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

and they said an official statement from NASA is needed lol

nice job man debunking this

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Panic2k11
If there isn't a note on the software indicating that it does not represent reality and the intended use of the software is to depict it then the data is of scientific interest, therefore scientific.

No. That is exactly wrong. You do not assume some data is an accurate representation without explicit information. I can't believe you're even making this claim.

Google search is also a scientific tool, they provide enough information about how they collect and rank the data. Care to elaborate how you distinguish if data is scientific or not ? (That would be interesting even if futile)

Google search is not a scientific tool as they transform their input data in a secret way before outputting it. Scientific data is calibrated and with known attributes. It has to be explicitly released with specific criteria. Not just a picture taken off a website.

The idea that NASA would just copy and paste data in 2012 when apparently they can fake the moon landing in the 60s is laughable. If you did the tiniest bit of research into this you'd understand why, but apparently you prefer to believe in speculation.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildespace
Please enlighten us. I'm not a conspiracy believer, but seeing this obvious repetition of imagery I also have to ask, why is it so?

Pretty much all of these cameras in satellites, rovers etc are designed to take fairly close up images to get maximum detail. To produce larger images they take tens to hundreds of images and then overlap them so they produce a bigger image.

This is why you see triangular sections of pixellation, it's higher resolution images mapped over lower resolution ones. This is also why you often see duplication at the seams of joining, because the automatic matching algorithm has picked an incorrect point.

This happens with panoramas taken on Earth all the time, especially if they are not correctly processed before joining.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Well what can I say...

A composite image from a computer game, designed to give the masses the 'curiosity experience' is being used as proof positive, of the nefarious deeds of NASA?

You people do realise that this is a computer generated 3d landscape, that has used an edited image, that has been sown together, then stretched over a 3d model as a skin right? RIGHT?

You do realise that this is for entertainment purposes, most probably for children right? RIGHT?

ATS really needs a 'banging head, against brick wall' smiley.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

reply to post by ecapsretuo

It's nothing to do with the rover's landing. They could have used the images from various orbiters and stretched them over an elevation mesh. I'm sure Mars Reconnasaince Orbiter has hi-res images of that area. There's no reason to "invent" the view of the crater.

I, and all the "public" want and pretend THE REAL DATA, and THE REAL Hi-Res Image till centimeter of that Area.

How could NASA land the billions dollar rover Curiosity on that surface if NASA don't know the surface of the landing site till to centimeter?

Of course NASA have all these data. And I and all the "public" want and pretend to see that! And NOT photoshop, CGI, or Cartoons!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
There is a big error here, people. I went to the site to find that this program is a SIMULATION tool designed BEFORE the actual land. Therefore the images are NOT from Curiosity, and are not purported to be. Copy and pasted, indeed, by guys intending to roughly simulate the rover's future landing. The You Tubers here are trippin.mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

WE WANT REAL DATA AND REAL IMAGES! CGI, CARTOONS, and PHOTOSHOP ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR THIS AGENCY!

LIKE THIS CARTOON/CGI for children!

edit on 22-9-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Ok, so it is blatantly fake, now what? what do we do now that we have obvious proof?
Do we start a petition? Do we bring it to the attention of some politician? No politician will put his name behind a conspiracy theory no matter how good your proof is...well maybe Kucinich?
What about a petition drive? if we had a million signatures??

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

reply to post by ecapsretuo

It's nothing to do with the rover's landing. They could have used the images from various orbiters and stretched them over an elevation mesh. I'm sure Mars Reconnasaince Orbiter has hi-res images of that area.

We want the REAL images of the whole area, till to centimeter from JPL/NASA. And not fakery like real!

There's no reason to "invent" the view of the crater.

Well, my friend, there is a very good reason for this and of "National (World) Security".

The Biggest Secret ever......

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
It just upsets me how we are not deemed clever, simple or rich enough to be told the truth. Why the secrecy! All that money and technology wasted on more false images.....
NASA tell us the TRUTH. We can handle the truth!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Does anyone know Moot at 4chan? they made gangam style video go world wide and mainstream by posting it on /b/ for a couple of days, if they did the same for one of these videos NASA couldn't hide anymore, they would have to explain their blatant lies.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
WE WANT REAL DATA AND REAL IMAGES! CGI, CARTOONS, and PHOTOSHOP ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR THIS AGENCY!

LIKE THIS CARTOON/CGI for children!

That's real. Why do you think it is a cartoon? It shows the descent at around 5x speed from the heatshield separation.

Perhaps you could calm down and explain slowly what you want.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
Does anyone know Moot at 4chan? they made gangam style video go world wide and mainstream by posting it on /b/ for a couple of days, if they did the same for one of these videos NASA couldn't hide anymore, they would have to explain their blatant lies.

Except nobody seems to be able to show "blatant lies" by NASA. In fact all they can show is that they don't even understand how to find original images.

Look at this thread as a perfect example.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmatuerSkyWatcher
Well what can I say...

A composite image from a computer game, designed to give the masses the 'curiosity experience' is being used as proof positive, of the nefarious deeds of NASA?

You people do realise that this is a computer generated 3d landscape, that has used an edited image, that has been sown together, then stretched over a 3d model as a skin right? RIGHT?

You do realise that this is for entertainment purposes, most probably for children right? RIGHT?

"ATS really needs a 'banging head, against brick wall' smiley".

LOL well said

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

explain slowly what you want

I...........want..........the........REAL........IMAGES..........of.............the.........landing..........site........in..........Gale Crater..........on............MARS............without............photosop......

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by exponent

explain slowly what you want

I...........want..........the........REAL........IMAGES..........of.............the.........landing..........site........in..........Gale Crater..........on............MARS............without............photosop......

Then here you go:

Mars Curiosity Raw Images, starting at Sol 0
edit on 22-9-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
double post

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Then here you go: Mars Curiosity Raw Images, starting at Sol 0

No. No. No.

NOT these Curiosity blurry images, like the old 70' Vikings missions. Not These.

I want to see the PRE-MISSION data and the Hi-Res images till to centimeter of the whole Gale Crater Area when Nasa decided to land there the rover.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Just asking, but...
Have you contacted them and asked for those pictures?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
Just asking, but...
Have you contacted them and asked for those pictures?

No. But is not NASA/JPL "DUTY" made public their images? All... the images and data?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm embarrassed. I'm embarrassed by this thread, embarrassed for the OP, and I'm embarrassed by how many people are subscribing to this pool of thought.

I mean really? C'mon people, the human brain is capable of more than this surely?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join