It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Proof NASA/JPL Copy & Pasted Images at Gale Crater Curiosity Landing Site on Mars!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Anomalies! A Dozen, in the same Area! There is an obvious image manipulation for the image composite of Gale Crater, Curiosity rover landing site on Mars. These videos (from different YouTubers) revealing even more copy and paste manipulation from the NASA image at GALE CRATER!

Photoshop work at full power at JPL/NASA!

PROOF of a major NASA cover up?!

Something to hide to the public eyes?

For you personal homeworks: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

To Mod: feel free to move in appropriate forum.
Thx.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Arken because: (no reason given)

UPDATES
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sat Sep 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
They could take a photo of whatever they like and pass it off as a picture of Mars and the public wouldn’t know the difference. They could have a graphic designer make something up and there isn’t a person on Earth capable of proving it’s a mocked up image, if it’s done really well... Which it probably wouldn’t be because the US government doesn’t seem to be much good with photoshop and the like.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

You would think that they could get a little more creative than to copy/paste from areas directly adjacent from each other.

SNAFU ?

S&F - thanks for bringing this to ATS for analysis

ETA: Appears from poster "ecapsretuo" below that this may be a graphic simulation exercise
edit on 22-9-2012 by Sublimecraft because: Deleted NASA comment and added analysis from ATS member ecapsretuo

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm going to definitely take a good look through these videos and images. Until I'm done, there is someone that I believe should be called in here. Nice fellow - the ATS resident space/nasa/mars/rover/satellite/shuttle/mars imaging expert. Phage... calling Phage.... we need your expertise in here...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

Do your homeworks, and express your personal opinion first.

Don't call the foxes to the henhouse...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Wow.. i hate to say it but thats pretty blatant and hard to ignore..
Id really like an official statement from NASA on this.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
After watching the videos, there do seem to be some striking differences in the images themselves... definitely needs some explanation in my honest opinion.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Rubicant13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Wow.. i hate to say it but thats pretty blatant and hard to ignore..
Id really like an official statement from NASA on this.

Absolutely correct,and this deserve an hard official inquiry for this kind of behaviour by NASA.

Sadly, There will be no official NASA statement on this,... if MSM don't take the news.

But within a couple of weeks: The October Surprise "NASA find traces microbial life at Gale Crater".

I bet.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Strange and tragic, yet how do we know this is not some kind of imaging error from NASA workers? I'm starting to think that most of the images that NASA receives from the Mars rovers have to be examined and looked over for final release.
Is this definitely from Curiosity or is it from Opportunity?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

So you can't think of a single reasonable explanation for this? You couldn't find any other posts on this site detailing perhaps the process of creating these images?

Seriously. This has been explained over and over and over again. I think it would be unfair to just tell you the answer though, you should learn it yourself.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Even if there is a reasonable and innocent explanation for the copy and pasting there is no excuse for how sloppy it was done. These guys get paid good money for photoshopping the images and yet it looks like a 10 year old did it.Doesn`t anyone take pride in their work anymore?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Watched all the vids and came to the conclusion that its a "stitched" image from two perspectives or two different shots of the same area. There is a ghosting effect where the shots overlay and this causes the 'cut and paste' looking variations.

just my 2 pennies.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tardacus
Even if there is a reasonable and innocent explanation for the copy and pasting there is no excuse for how sloppy it was done. These guys get paid good money for photoshopping the images and yet it looks like a 10 year old did it.Doesn`t anyone take pride in their work anymore?

Absolutely correct!

The photoshopping IS NOT allowed for scientific data!

This is a deliberate JPL/NASA fraud for all the american tax payers... and the scientific comunity world-wide.

What kind of reliability for this Agency?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I realized about 10 years ago that NASA was doing this and it was a positive experience for me, because naturally I wondered what they were not showing the public. And this trend has continued over the years.

Once you start to realize that their photos of the moon and the other planets are sometimes manipulated, you start to think about possible things they are editing out.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by iamusic

yet how do we know this is not some kind of imaging error

Because it involves creative work that can't be replicated by human or machine errors.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Originally posted by Tardacus

Absolutely correct!

The photoshopping IS NOT allowed for scientific data!

This is a deliberate JPL/NASA fraud for all the american tax payers... and the scientific comunity world-wide.

What kind of reliability for this Agency?

This isn't scientific data. You clearly don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Again I ask, can you not think of a single reason for this to be done? Despite the fact it has been explained here many times?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by exponent

This isn't scientific data

If there isn't a note on the software indicating that it does not represent reality and the intended use of the software is to depict it then the data is of scientific interest, therefore scientific. Even if better versions are available anyone would agree that they aren't as easy to examine in context and manipulate. Making this a scientific tool.

Google search is also a scientific tool, they provide enough information about how they collect and rank the data. Care to elaborate how you distinguish if data is scientific or not ? (That would be interesting even if futile)

All data is of scientific interests and significance even artificial creations. What is not useful for scientific purpose is secretly adulterated data (even adulterated data is significant is we know it was tampered with), as many pointed out before NASA adulteration patterns have helped many expanding their horizons...

edit on 22-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There is a big error here, people. I went to the site to find that this program is a SIMULATION tool designed BEFORE the actual land. Therefore the images are NOT from Curiosity, and are not purported to be. Copy and pasted, indeed, by guys intending to roughly simulate the rover's future landing. The You Tubers here are trippin.mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 22-9-2012 by ecapsretuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by exponent
reply to post by Arken

So you can't think of a single reasonable explanation for this? You couldn't find any other posts on this site detailing perhaps the process of creating these images?

Seriously. This has been explained over and over and over again. I think it would be unfair to just tell you the answer though, you should learn it yourself.

Please enlighten us. I'm not a conspiracy believer, but seeing this obvious repetition of imagery I also have to ask, why is it so?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

It's nothing to do with the rover's landing. They could have used the images from various orbiters and stretched them over an elevation mesh. I'm sure Mars Reconnasaince Orbiter has hi-res images of that area. There's no reason to "invent" the view of the crater.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join