Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Shhh… Obama’s Approval Rating Tanks to Dangerous New Level

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
A few short weeks ago Barack Obama enjoyed a cool 52% approval rating right after the Democratic National Convention.

Well it's back down to 46% now.

According to this article, 46% is a dangerous level for Obama.

I wonder what caused such a sudden and decisive change ?

Maybe people have awakened from The Dream The Nightmare !!

Obama’s approval rating sank to a dangerous new level this month. The president has an approval rating at 46 percent and a disapproval rating at 48 percent.
Business Insider reported:

Obama’s approval rating in Gallup’s rolling survey has plunged 6 percentage points in two weeks, a troubling sign that puts him on shaky historical ground for re-election.

Obama’s approval rating is down to just 46 percent, down from a high of 52 percent after the Democratic National Convention. His disapproval rating, meanwhile, now stands at 48 percent, up from 42 percent after the DNC. Altogether, that’s a 12-point swing in two weeks.

Recall why the 50 percent threshold is important, per Gallup managing editor Jeffrey M. Jones:

The 50% approval mark is significant because post-World War II incumbent presidents who have been above 50% job approval on Election Day were easily re-elected. Presidents with approval ratings below 50% have more uncertain re-election prospects. Historically, two presidents below 50% in their final approval rating before the election — George W. Bush and Harry Truman — won, and three, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush, lost.

Shhh… Obama’s Approval Rating Tanks to Dangerous New Level

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Obama, Mitt Romney Tied But President's Approval Rating Rises: AP Poll

Democratic consultant Chris Lehane, meanwhile, zeroes in on the significance of Obama's job approval rating edging back up above 50 percent. Fifty-two percent of likely voters approved of how Obama's handling his job, as did 56 percent of all adults. Further, 42 percent of Americans think the country is heading in the right direction, up from figures in the low- to mid-30s over the summer.

Link

Conflicting reports?

This story is from just 3 days ago too.
edit on 9/22/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'll put $100 on 'Embassies under siege world wide' for reasonable suggestions for his being VERY unpopular just suddenly.

He's blown it off like it's nothing and it's getting worse, not better. Just like Cheney and the Fedayeen Saddam in 2003. Oh..nothing to see here...no big deal. Yeah, well those 'no big deals' formed the basis of what kicked our ass over there. Now we're setting up to have it happen again in our own Embassies.....

Why would he ever be unpopular though? He's only had 4 years......surly, we can't expect progress in such a short time right? So every President should have 8 years to screw up twice as good. It's not like things got so much better by doubling down the last time.....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Nightmare? The last 4 years of Obama hasn't been a nightmare. Just listen to him once - he will be the first to tell you how great he is and about all of the wonderful things he has accomplished. How could we not believe him? He wouldn't lie about such things.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I'm just taking a wild guess here, but I'll put $100 on 'Embassies under siege world wide' for reasonable suggestions for his being VERY unpopular just suddenly.

He's blown it off like it's nothing and it's getting worse, not better. Just like Cheney and the Fedayeen Saddam in 2003. Oh..nothing to see here...no big deal. Yeah, well those 'no big deals' formed the basis of what kicked our ass over there. Now we're setting up to have it happen again in our own Embassies.....

Why would he ever be unpopular though? He's only had 4 years......surly, we can't expect progress in such a short time right? So every President should have 8 years to screw up twice as good. It's not like things got so much better by doubling down the last time.....

The economy is a lot better than when he came into office and this middle east stuff will play itself out.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well.

there's a two day difference in the reports.

the AP story is older.

things move fast sometimes.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Obama is ahead in almost every single swing state poll.

I think he is gonna be re elected.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Ahh yes once again using a conservative blog that borrowed information from another conservative blog to show........nothing!

In fact, their numbers are wrong. Obama stands at 49%, but hey let's just make stuff up and report it as news!
argojournal.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Yeah..... The economy is better. Not in this life and reality...and not in even the most obscure measures one could use.

We're deeper...FAR FAR deeper in debt. We have 1.25+ TRILLION dollar annual deficits on budgets that aren't even real budgets since he hasn't passed a true one after Bush's carry over in 2009 anyway.

The link in my signature represents a few weeks worth of work on the Federal Budget in Obamaland, since the figures almost all come from the White House's own fy2013 Budget and projections out to 2022 for U.S. Fiscal policy.

Anyone who can look at their own numbers as they present them and tell me it's BETTER.....needs to explain that one in terms even I can understand.....because I don't even see where the starting point is for that position.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626
Ahh yes once again using a conservative blog that borrowed information from another conservative blog to show........nothing!

In fact, their numbers are wrong. Obama stands at 49%, but hey let's just make stuff up and report it as news!
argojournal.blogspot.com...

Is it me or is your source a wee bit old...

Sunday, September 09, 2012
Poll Watch: Gallup 2012 Daily Presidential Tracking Survey

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Employment is coming back, real estate is as well, exports are way up...

If you are concerned about the debt you should advocate for Obama to rescind the
Bush tax cuts, that would bridge the deficit a great deal. Once employment reaches
it's optimal levels, revenue will increase further -

If you think this is worse than losing over half a million jobs a month, I think you
are crazy.

edit on 22-9-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Another day, another poll, another source.

Will this poll or this thread matter in November? Absolutely not.

Does your vote even count anymore? Absolutely not

Is Mitt Romney going to be president? Absolutely not

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

All I can say is, we flat out aren't reading the same reports and the same Government produced reporting and summary material. I'm not rehashing what I spent weeks to make and pages to present...but what you're suggesting simply isn't supported by the facts and figures produced by Obama's own people in the White House.

Page 2 of my budget thread, I took the unusual step of simply posting every single link I used in building the 10 graphic budget boards that make up the thread. Every government report, database, analysis sheet and raw material summary from (in some cases) as early as 1789 (Defense and war) ...out to 2022 for projections on most things.

Now. Obama's OWN people say we're at 20 Trillion dollars in debt by 2017 and we're on past 25 trillion by 2022. Those aren't bad figures...they're game over figures...and those are assuming steady and SERIOUS growth every quarter for the next 10 years. A drop in unemployment, every quarter, for the next 10 years and the best projections on behavior for interest rates.

In short..... we're ONLY 25 trillion in national debt within 10 years...by Obamaland standards...if everything goes RIGHT and by PLAN. Oh, that's happened a lot lately, right? I don't even want to know what the 'plan B' versions they don't release say if things go wrong.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

The national debt cannot be fixed at this point. It wasn't designed to be paid off or balanced

There literally isn't a candidate you can vote for who is even capable of fixing it. I agree with you that we're screwed, but it's not because of Obama or Bush or Romney
edit on 22-9-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

It's mathematically impossible to pay off the debt so it really doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

All I can say is, we flat out aren't reading the same reports and the same Government produced reporting and summary material. I'm not rehashing what I spent weeks to make and pages to present...but what you're suggesting simply isn't supported by the facts and figures produced by Obama's own people in the White House.

Page 2 of my budget thread, I took the unusual step of simply posting every single link I used in building the 10 graphic budget boards that make up the thread. Every government report, database, analysis sheet and raw material summary from (in some cases) as early as 1789 (Defense and war) ...out to 2022 for projections on most things.

Now. Obama's OWN people say we're at 20 Trillion dollars in debt by 2017 and we're on past 25 trillion by 2022. Those aren't bad figures...they're game over figures...and those are assuming steady and SERIOUS growth every quarter for the next 10 years. A drop in unemployment, every quarter, for the next 10 years and the best projections on behavior for interest rates.

In short..... we're ONLY 25 trillion in national debt within 10 years...by Obamaland standards...if everything goes RIGHT and by PLAN. Oh, that's happened a lot lately, right? I don't even want to know what the 'plan B' versions they don't release say if things go wrong.

Japan holds a much higher debt to GDP ratio than the US

And for some reason you act as if Obama is the first president to clock national debts... huuummm...

If America rescinded the Bush tax cuts, we could move back towards a surplus once unemployment
reaches nominal levels.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

The economy is a lot better than when he came into office and this middle east stuff will play itself out.

Tell that to the unemployed, and the 368,000 people who are no longer unemployed because they simply stopped looking for a job. So not employed, but not unemployed either. The more people who quit looking for a job the better Obama is looking!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by campanionator

Tell that to the unemployed, and the 368,000 people who are no longer unemployed because they simply stopped looking for a job. So not employed, but not unemployed either. The more people who quit looking for a job the better Obama is looking!

I am not sure what your point is... If you are trying to tell me the economy is worse than it was in winter
of 2008, I will
at you.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Of course Obama isn't the first one to rack up national debt and we haven't seen a DEBT surplus in decades. We saw a Deficit surplus under Clinton...and that vanished after 9/11. Bush came just under Half a TRILLION dollars in annual deficit and the nation gasped...and then yelled. Everyone else recall that? With good reason too...... Bush deserved a good slapping for that. Unthinkable!

2012 had a 1.3 TRILLION Deficit. Obama didn't just double down on Bush's stupid, he tripled down on it and he's done it all 4 years of his term. now, we've never had a President in the history of this nation rack debt AT THIS RATE at it's literally become exponential.

I hear some agreeing it's a downward spiral...and that's a start. I don't hear any solutions? Excuses for why Obama shouldn't be blamed for TRIPLING the annual deficits.......I hear. I don't hear how it's supposed to improve......or how the Unemployment rate gets better when taxing be bejesus out of the "rich" is the solution as the Rich......those people who get rich by having employees work for them.........stop being rich and less have businesses that employ anyone.

Economics 101 wasn't Obama's strong suit because Food Stamps isn't economic Stimulus (Pelosi said that little Gem) and Government expansion isn't a solution to unemployment. People need to work to pay the taxes that pay that expansion. again... Economics 101 and Obama can't add 2 and 2 any better than BUSH could.

Clinton.... Oh.... Why can't he do a third term? At least, for ALL his faults, the man knew what economics were...and HE was quoted saying the Bush tax cuts would be INSANITY to let expire...before the White House jumped him hard for it a couple months ago.

What a tangled web they weave when first they learn to deceive.

Unfortunately for Obama, Math can't be spun and the budget still has to line item out to even numbers at the end.....it limits how B.S. the B.S. can get...and the numbers he prints himself tell him as the liar he is to our faces.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor Corrections and Typography

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

<<   2 >>

join