It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey, Everybody!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well, to echo the sentiments of so many, I too have been a longtime lurker, far too long in fact. It's time to say hey and join in on some discussions. I thoroughly enjoy this site and the forum we have here to share ideas.

I've been interested in conspiracies most my life, but I really started to see things differently, or I feel more clearly, when my dad started questioning the 9/11 official story. That was kind of surprising to me from him etc. Now, I sometimes find myself at odds with those who seem not to question the received and/or perceived reality. I believe we need to "evolve ideas" as Bill Hicks once said.

I work in multimedia production and over the past few years, I've tried to get a message out about some of the things I see being discussed here on ATS by using satire/parody via my YouTube channel. In 2010, I produced a music video about the TSA Link removed hoping to make people laugh, be uncomfortable and then think about what was/is really going on. Overall, I think humor has a way of reaching people to get them to start questioning. It also helps me cope and makes me feel like I'm contributing information or something.

Anyhow, that's enough of my rambling for now. Thanks for listening.

-Gus

edit on 24/9/2012 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

Glad to have you aboard and I hope you'll find your niche here as many do.

As a short term member myself (Compared to many) I have only one piece of advice...

Stick to your guns!

So let's bring you up front for the membership, shall we?

Little Irish, Scottish and almost some East Canadian Flavor...with some catchy lyrics to boot. Nice.

Peace

edit on 22-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Hey jude11, thanks for your kind words and reply!

I also forgot to mention in my intro that I worked in TV news in a small/mid market for almost ten years. That was another thing that helped me see things differently. We had a GM who told many of us that we were "no longer in the news business" and that what we did according to him was "infotainment." When Britney Spears' haircut makes the top block or two in a program order you know we're in trouble.

On a national level we received our "news" from Associated Press and CNN. The Producers would have a thesaurus handy and change a few words, but all we did was parrot info. I guess it's always been the case. The only "news" was local happenings and such, and even that I saw a few times firsthand where the story was spun or spiced up for ratings.

Well, it's time to go see what's new here on ATS.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gusmonkey

Welcome GUSMONKEY!

I watched a couple of your videos…..nice work! I particularly liked the Hannah Minx one!

I can’t wait to see some of your contributions on ATS!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Welcome and enjoy!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

But what if people think you're crazy? Then what?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Yeah, it's too late for that haha. I already get people in credulously prefacing things with, "that's a conspiracy, right?"
I then explain to them that there are a lot of so called "conspiracies" within a vast conspiracy or power structure etc.
Ah, well.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

*incredulously

new topics

top topics

join