It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Monkey Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Throughout May, 2001, sightings and antics of a bizarre creature that was terrorizing villagers in India began to emerge. It was no laughing matter; a few deaths were attributed to the panic surrounding these sightings. The first attacks took place in East Delhi and soon spread to other cities and villages. The entity was quickly dubbed "Monkey Man" because of its size and simian-like agility.

On one night alone, on May 14, 50 attacks were reported in East Delhi. The following morning, a pregnant woman fell down a flight of stairs to her death after hearing cries by neighbors that the monkey was coming. Physicians confirmed that those who were attacked were bitten by some kind of animal. And researchers have pointed out that the creature most probably was not a monkey since the Indians were quite familiar with monkeys, which are commonplace there and frequently come into the villages.

Three thousand extra men in Delhi were assigned by police, as of May 21, to track down the Monkey Man. Police also offered a reward equaling $1,065 U.S. dollars (in rupees) for the creature's capture.

The creature was described as:

about four feet tall
quite agile, like a monkey (at least one report of a chupacabras said that the face was "simian")
sharp, metal-like claws
glowing or flaming red eyes

Article Link

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Chupacabra maybe? Sounds like it, or batboy

XAOS

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The link seems to be dead. Still an interesting story from what you posted. I actually heard about this on the news some months ago. It said the creature climbs through peoples windows and attacks them. Must be scary for those people.

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
You're right, sorry that the link isn't working.

Mea Maxima Culpa,
Deep

posted on Apr, 29 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Nice one WOS...thanks for the links and pics.

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
the theory behind jumping to your death, to avoid a few scratches and bites???

And these people have nukes???

Oh boy.....

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I'd be pissed off too if I had to wear that helmet!
He just wants a bananna!

posted on Apr, 30 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
An robotic monkey man

Interesting story Deep. Thanks for this, but I thought this was discussed here at ATS a month ago.

posted on May, 5 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Interesting story deep. I think I heard about this somewhere. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was in India last year..and i asked about this and some fanily told me that it was just some don overlord using lil kids to run into houses and steal things. People would pray to HONUMAN ( moneky god) and believed that they disobeyed him. I thought it was funny and me and my cuzins would run around on the roofs in the city trying to find them. people would get scared when they saw us..i mean come on...chimps in a helmet with sharp metal claws. sounds like something the powerpuff girls deal with.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
and those pictures...thier pretty funny too..looks like yogi and booboo on the loose in india

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
lol this reminds of some nightmares a friend of mine had when she was little. she would call her dad in telling him she had seen some monkey bear thing and would ask to either stay in the room or look under the bed (typical under the bed monster). the weird thing was when she moved away she stopped seeing it
but i think it was typical mind playing tricks on you thing.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
im sure hes my next door neighbour when did he go on holiday lol

poor people anyway hes hard to live with

how would you feel if you had nails that long all he wants to do is scratch

seriously though, could he just be a 'small person' human with that disorder that makes them grow hair all over that was brought up in the wild

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yeah, i've heard about these attacks.

There is a village somewhere that has the dead body of a supposed Monkey Man hanging up in a hut.

William, love the Bub avitar!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Several sites I read about this 'Monkey Man' compare him to Springheel Jack.
www.qsl.net...

The Jack story scares me, especially because I live in England but mainly because of his blatancy. He attacks in broad daylight and after one attack "knocked on the door several times and waited for a response before he finally left after the sisters called for help."

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's Chris Kattan...

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a picture about that

top topics

join