It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live: 128: UFO's, Crypto, Paranormal and Social Issues. Yep. ALL ATS!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Many thanks for the tip whateva69, will try that link next time a live show is aired!

Sounds like it was a great show, it's a shame I missed it, but I just now see that we can listen to a 'rewind show', I'm going to give that a try!

Hope to see you all at the next live gig!

Regards

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

ATS Live needs some new hosts who spend more time discussing issues, rather than chit-chatting and joking around. And even when you cover a subject, you spend way too much time on bogus topics, like the US/Chinese war against UFOs off the coast of California. Yes, all of the hosts agreed that it was a bogus story, but then why waste a bunch of time on it? Also found the Men in Black segment to be EXTREMELY lean on any pertinent information. You guys sound like a bunch of hicks in a bar sipping 3.2 beer and making speculations out of the top of their hats while gazing at their protruding belly buttons.

Also, it seems you should have some hosts/co-hosts that aren't all of the same political affiliation, i.e. right-wing. I acknowledge there is no fairness doctrine anymore, and that it is your show, so you can do what you want, but it is extremely biased and bush league as is. Moreover, it seems no matter what topic comes up, someone has to bash Obama. And by any topic, I mean the topic at hand was crypto-zoology and what-not, and Doug was asked a question about what may be coming down the pike in the next 6 months to a year, and he makes some crack about Obama. Give it a break. We realize you rednecks can't stand the guy, but do you have to bring him into every topic of discussion? It's tiresome, sophomoric and just plain stupid. To be clear, I am no big fan of Obama, but you and the usual Obama-hating suspects at ATS always rant about inconsequential and/or unsubstantiated concerns regarding him and his administration, rather than address the real issues he is culpable of. Again, ATS live sounds like some conservative/corporate echo chamber for the most part.

Again, I realize it's your internet radio program and you can do what you want, but as a sometimes listener and a member of ATS, I'm letting you know what I think of it, and suggesting that you improve it in order to make it more successful. If you want an audience besides the nose breathers, you really need to change things.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

As we have several hundred dedicated listeners from all over the world that compliment us on every show, for you to call them "Nose Breathers" says FAR more about you then it does for them. Before that, you almost had an intelligent post

As always, the end result is if you don't like it, don't listen. In point of fact, I would rather you did not with the sophomoric attitude displayed here

Semper

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

And indeed............the entire show was enjoyable. Its always good to get a gauge of the personalities of the individuals........keep up the GREAT shows - love em'

Now.......where is your mans thread about the event that would trump the "Ourang Medan".

Beer in hand.............waiting..............stories like these are my vice!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive

If you want an audience besides the nose breathers, you really need to change things.

Is "nose breather" intended as an insult? I thought "mouth breather" could be. Outside of those two options I am not sure where to draw a breath then, without being crass and outside of normal human physiology.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

ATS Live needs some new hosts who spend more time discussing issues, rather than chit-chatting and joking around.

Thanks for the critique there, but its not our style. If you want stiff, try Rush Limbaugh or Alex Jones. We just don't roll that way. Life is tooooo serious, and the type of subjects we discuss sometimes are - if you think about them long enough - likely to drive you nuts. So we have a laugh around them instead. Or, to put it another way...

"Why so serious?"

And even when you cover a subject, you spend way too much time on bogus topics, like the US/Chinese war against UFOs off the coast of California. Yes, all of the hosts agreed that it was a bogus story, but then why waste a bunch of time on it?

Because discussing what is wrong with such things highlights on what to look for, and hopefully exposes charlatans and liars for what they are.

Also found the Men in Black segment to be EXTREMELY lean on any pertinent information. You guys sound like a bunch of hicks in a bar sipping 3.2 beer and making speculations out of the top of their hats while gazing at their protruding belly buttons.

Well, firstly, we lost our guest - and expert on the subject - unexpectedly. Kind of difficult to just pick straight up from that and carry on. I think that's likely to throw any show.

The rest of your comment there is just a cheap shot.

Also, it seems you should have some hosts/co-hosts that aren't all of the same political affiliation, i.e. right-wing. I acknowledge there is no fairness doctrine anymore, and that it is your show, so you can do what you want, but it is extremely biased and bush league as is.

Being British I have no US Political affiliation whatsoever. Frankly, you're all nuts in the states and as bad as each other.

Moreover, it seems no matter what topic comes up, someone has to bash Obama. And by any topic, I mean the topic at hand was crypto-zoology and what-not, and Doug was asked a question about what may be coming down the pike in the next 6 months to a year, and he makes some crack about Obama. Give it a break. We realize you rednecks can't stand the guy, but do you have to bring him into every topic of discussion? It's tiresome, sophomoric and just plain stupid. To be clear, I am no big fan of Obama, but you and the usual Obama-hating suspects at ATS always rant about inconsequential and/or unsubstantiated concerns regarding him and his administration, rather than address the real issues he is culpable of. Again, ATS live sounds like some conservative/corporate echo chamber for the most part.

Well, people are entitled to their own political opinions. I think this is maybe the first show you've listened to, or only one of a very few of the 128 shows we've done Because frankly we've had some pretty heavy political discussions on both sides of the equation before now.

Again, I realize it's your internet radio program and you can do what you want, but as a sometimes listener and a member of ATS, I'm letting you know what I think of it, and suggesting that you improve it in order to make it more successful. If you want an audience besides the nose breathers, you really need to change things.

Well, you're right there, and we do value positive criticism. However the insult laden sarcasm of your post does kind of leave a bitter taste.

But, I'm all for taking things on board, and rising to challenges so here's an invitation - message me with your Skype address, make some time at about 9.20EDT this coming Saturday and pick an ATS style topic of your choice (let me know in advance what it is) and we'll run it for the 30 mins up to the Mondo and... you can host the topic.

Come show us how its done eh?

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

It's great to have you back!

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

You guys sound like a bunch of hicks in a bar sipping 3.2 beer and making speculations out of the top of their hats while gazing at their protruding belly buttons.

Just a quick run down of a few of those rednecks...

A former Marine Scout Sniper and cop of 20 + years with a degree in physics and criminal psychology from major US Universities.
A civil engineer who is team leader responsible for a large portion of his city in the UK.
An Electrical Engineer
A woman who has to many titles to list here so... chasekloetzke.com...
A former AF intel analyst who also is a health care administrator and possibly one of the smartest people I know.
A guy who defies any real description. He's done more in his life time than I could possibly list here but I will just say that he is a ufo hunter that does real research by going into the field and investigating sightings.

Also, it seems you should have some hosts/co-hosts that aren't all of the same political affiliation, i.e. right-wing......... Again, ATS live sounds like some conservative/corporate echo chamber for the most part.

I count at least two liberal panel members, three conservative members, two all of the above and one none of the above but if you aren't a regular listener, you wouldn't know that.

It was good up to this point. I don't care that you insult us, comes with the territory but insulting the rest of our audience, mate to quote you...

is extremely biased and bush league

Thanks for the input.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join