It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons Why Conspiracy Theorists Are More Popular Than You Think!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
You know what is worse than looking for an alternative answer?

Defending the non factual and biased "popular belief" -to which they cant personally know the true answer.

Just so they dont look bad in the end. Mr Govt Agent Man.

People who defend the govt on a daily basis more or likely work for the govt.

They are not that hard to spot really.

In the end- anyone who doesnt buy their bs is a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Sure I do:
Ignoring real evidence just because it doesn't support one's "alternative answer", and then inventing fictional evidence that does. Even worse, is when one's sole reason for doing so is because they don't like, or distrust, the government.

That just tends, Mr. Conspiracy Theorist Man, to make one's self look bad.

I'm always in the mood for a good laugh:
Do you feel that I defend the US Government on a daily basis?

Do you feel that I work for the US Government?

If so, would you be willing to help me petition the US Government for a long overdue paycheck?

My unemployment benefits expired quite some time ago, and I'm still unemployed, so your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Well, conversely:
When a skeptic questions a "conspiracy theorist" about a claim, instead of getting answers, they are often called paid shills, "Paid Government Disinfo Agents", trolls, and etc. That's why I adopted my "ATS persona". It really is an honor when one gets called names just for asking questions. That's because it's an indication that the name caller doesn't have any valid answers.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 23-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Defending the non factual and biased "popular belief" -to which they cant personally know the true answer.
We need to start calling them things by what they are: Axioms.

An axiom is a premise or starting point of reasoning. As classically conceived, an axiom is a premise so evident as to be accepted as true without controversy.[1] The word comes from the Greek ἀξίωμα 'that which is thought worthy or fit,' or 'that which commends itself as evident.'[2][3] As used in modern logic, an axiom is simply a premise or starting point for reasoning,[4] and equivalent to what Aristotle calls a definition.[5] Axioms define and delimit the realm of analysis. In other words, an axiom is a logical statement that is assumed to be true. Therefore, its truth is taken for granted within the particular domain of analysis, and serves as a starting point for deducing and inferring other (theory and domain dependent) truths. An axiom is defined as a mathematical statement that is accepted as being true without a mathematical proof.[6]
Wiki.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Sure I do:
Ignoring real evidence just because it doesn't support one's "alternative answer", and then inventing fictional evidence that does. Even worse, is when one's sole reason for doing so is because they don't like, or distrust, the government.

That just tends, Mr. Conspiracy Theorist Man, to make one's self look bad.

I'm always in the mood for a good laugh:
Do you feel that I defend the US Government on a daily basis?

Do you feel that I work for the US Government?

If so, would you be willing to help me petition the US Government for a long overdue paycheck?

My unemployment benefits expired quite some time ago, and I'm still unemployed, so your assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Well, conversely:
When a skeptic questions a "conspiracy theorist" about a claim, instead of getting answers, they are often called paid shills, "Paid Government Disinfo Agents", trolls, and etc. That's why I adopted my "ATS persona". It really is an honor when one gets called names just for asking questions. That's because it's an indication that the name caller doesn't have any valid answers.

See ya,
Milt

BenReclused
Paid Government Disinfo Agent
SAFC

...maybe not I guess.

Also- You took my post kind of personal. I wasnt speaking of you.

Its not denying evidence- they are denying where that evidence points them.

But we are all allowed to speculate now arent we? Till proof comes out claiming you are right- whos to say I am wrong?

Obama gets peace prize 6 months into his presidency for doing nothing- I call conspiracy.
Kennedy get blasted- I call conspiracy
1 trillion dollars goes missing- conspiracy.
9/11 -conspiracy
Roswell-Aliens(no conspiracy)
Area 51- conspiracy...list goes on forever...

Our govt is enriched in conspiracies.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
when people a side of things that is very compelling and makes sense they seem to like it.

my friends thought i went insane until i proofed it to them

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Great OP.

There will always be an extreme end of the spectrum wherever you go and whomever you meet, but always maintaining that a theory is ONLY a theory, until proven otherwise, shall keep the mind healthy.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Sorry, but do you not see the irony in that statement?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This article just really bugs me. It was written by conspiracy theorist elitists, for conspiracy theorist elitists. The type that goes around referring to everyone else but them as sheeple who needs to wake up. The type that understands how the world works after watching a few documentaries on youtube.

From now on, conspiracy theorists should be described as public intelligence analysts

^lol

There are members of ATS who will tell you how great of a leader Gadafi was, and that he did everything for his people. The the vast majority of Libyans liked him etc.etc.etc...... HOW DO THEY KNOW? Because they watched a youtube vid telling them so? Conspiracy theorists are the only ggroup of people that become scholars on whole nations, structural engineers, astronauts, pilots, and radiologists in under 15 minutes or less.

edit on 23-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You are right and it is sad to see this breed of conspiracy theorist frequenting these forums more and more. To talk as if you know all about a particular topic without at least doing some of your own research is just lazy and goes completely against the motto of this site.
When it comes to conspiracies and other alternative subject matter, critical thinking is paramount.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jude11

Conspiracy theorists have been proven right about so many issues and historical events, with 9/11 being the most important among them. The views of conspiracy theorists are more popular than ever because they are telling the truth.

Really? I didn't know truthers claims to have been proven true.

Fail article

Building 7. Period.

YOU fail...

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

This article just really bugs me. It was written by conspiracy theorist elitists, for conspiracy theorist elitists. The type that goes around referring to everyone else but them as sheeple who needs to wake up. The type that understands how the world works after watching a few documentaries on youtube.

From now on, conspiracy theorists should be described as public intelligence analysts

^lol

There are members of ATS who will tell you how great of a leader Gadafi was, and that he did everything for his people. The the vast majority of Libyans liked him etc.etc.etc...... HOW DO THEY KNOW? Because they watched a youtube vid telling them so? Conspiracy theorists are the only ggroup of people that become scholars on whole nations, structural engineers, astronauts, pilots, and radiologists in under 15 minutes or less.

The reason people will say what a great leader Ghadafi was is because that is the truth. If you do the tiniest bit of research on the man you too will see that truth. He did more things for Africa and Libya than you can imagine. So are you in disagreement with this assertion or just trying to use it as an example? Because if you're in disagreement, I know you're just ignorant.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Conspiracy theorists have been proven right about so many issues and historical events, with 9/11 being the most important among them. The views of conspiracy theorists are more popular than ever because they are telling the truth.

Really? I didn't know truthers claims to have been proven true.

Fail article

Your failure to acknowledge the truth doesn't change the truth. Like Obama voters, your mind is made up and even if you were given an official report saying 9/11 was an "inside job", you'd still deny it, stop your feets and yell "la la la la la" with your fingers in your ears. You fail.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
People like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense calling it funny entertaining ect.In addition they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality.People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid mentally unstable illogical &so self-absorbed that they cant see things for what they really are this is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with ones life
Furthermore, when people come upon new information such as this, they erroneously assume that they have some sort of intellectual high ground over it. They start with the assumption that their belief system is correct, and, for whatever reason, vehemently refuse to acknowledge the possibility that they may have actually been deceived all along by their belief system.so when confronted with counter-evidence they automatically reject it.
People are actually foolish enough to think that their conventional worldviews are the height of rationality They neglect to factor the concept of intentional deception into their logical thought processes&thus they fail to realize that the only reason why their worldviews seem so rational is because their worldviews are composed of a plethora of lies and distortions. So,people think the lies that they are spoon fed are reality&that the truth on the other hand is unrealistic
It is truly amazing how people are able to adopt one of Earth's belief systems (whether it be a specific religion or atheism), walk through the proverbial door of enlightenment (or so they think), shut the door behind them, and then never look back. Worse yet, they are actually proud not to look back--proud of their own ignorance
Once people are exposed to the truth, their decision to ridicule it manifests so quickly, one could mistakenly think that human beings are actually robots that were programmed to do so. Thus, if people really want to point the finger at someone who does not engage in serious critical thinking, they should go to the nearest mirror and point at themselves (rather than trying to point the finger at the truth messenger).

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Also- You took my post kind of personal. I wasnt speaking of you.

Your response may not have been directed toward me, but you were most definitely SPEAKING OF SKEPTICS. Being one myself, I merely felt it was my duty to respond.

Its not denying evidence- they are denying where that evidence points them.

Your statement is a contradiction. Denying where valid evidence points to, is the very essence of denying, or ignoring, evidence.

But we are all allowed to speculate now arent we?

Sure we are, but all speculation should be thoroughly debunked BEFORE it's presented as a claim. Many conspiracy theorists don't bother to do so. The only valid claims, or theories, are those that have withstood a thorough debunking,

Obama gets peace prize 6 months into his presidency for doing nothing- I call conspiracy.

Though you may be correct, I contend that it was merely stupid. I reckon wise men aren't always wise. LOL

Here's a conspiracy you really should add to your list:
The conspiracy of many prominent "conspiracy theorists" to bilk hard earned cash from the hands of unsuspecting "alternative thinkers".

BenReclused
Paid Government Disinfo Agent
SAFC

What about the paycheck that I mentioned earlier, are you willing to help me with that?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatcoat

Originally posted by Flatcoat

reply to post by BenReclused

Sorry, but do you not see the irony in that statement?

Only if you feel my use of "conspiracy theorist" was intended to be an insult in response to a question. It most obviously wasn't, so perhaps you found a different irony. Would you care to elaborate?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by InfiniteConsciousness

Building 7. Period.

YOU fail...

You provided no sources, or even a vague explanation.

You obviously fail as well!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

"RealSpoke's" comment:

So are you in disagreement with this assertion or just trying to use it as an example?

Though he may indeed disagree with that assertion, it doesn't matter. In the proper context of the quoted paragraph above, it is most obvious that he merely used Ghadafi as an example.

If you do the tiniest bit of research on the man you too will see that truth.

Your use of "the tiniest bit of research" actually validates the view that "RealSpoke"expressed in that comment.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

Your failure to acknowledge the truth doesn't change the truth. Like Obama voters, your mind is made up and even if you were given an official report saying 9/11 was an "inside job", you'd still deny it, stop your feets and yell "la la la la la" with your fingers in your ears. You fail.

So far, I'm in agreement with "RealSpoke's" stance on the issue of "Truthers", and his general feelings in regard to many "conspiracy theorists".

Does that entitle me to one free personal attack as well? If so, I'm looking forward to it.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit69hawk

Originally posted by spirit69hawk
People like to blow off the truth by claiming that it is simply nonsense calling it funny entertaining ect.In addition they automatically disregard the truth messenger as being a standard-issue schizophrenic who is obviously out of touch with reality.People desperately try to paint truth messengers as being non-lucid mentally unstable illogical &so self-absorbed that they cant see things for what they really are this is a very convenient way to quickly discard the truth and go on with ones life
Furthermore, when people come upon new information such as this, they erroneously assume that they have some sort of intellectual high ground over it. They start with the assumption that their belief system is correct, and, for whatever reason, vehemently refuse to acknowledge the possibility that they may have actually been deceived all along by their belief system.so when confronted with counter-evidence they automatically reject it.
People are actually foolish enough to think that their conventional worldviews are the height of rationality They neglect to factor the concept of intentional deception into their logical thought processes&thus they fail to realize that the only reason why their worldviews seem so rational is because their worldviews are composed of a plethora of lies and distortions. So,people think the lies that they are spoon fed are reality&that the truth on the other hand is unrealistic
It is truly amazing how people are able to adopt one of Earth's belief systems (whether it be a specific religion or atheism), walk through the proverbial door of enlightenment (or so they think), shut the door behind them, and then never look back. Worse yet, they are actually proud not to look back--proud of their own ignorance
Once people are exposed to the truth, their decision to ridicule it manifests so quickly, one could mistakenly think that human beings are actually robots that were programmed to do so. Thus, if people really want to point the finger at someone who does not engage in serious critical thinking, they should go to the nearest mirror and point at themselves (rather than trying to point the finger at the truth messenger).

I have only one question for you:
Do you have any sources to support those claims, or were you just ranting?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

Building 7. Period.

YOU fail...

You provided no sources, or even a vague explanation.

You obviously fail as well!

See ya,
Milt

If you are up to date on bldg 7 then there really is no need to keep rehashing vids and links is there? But you don't seem to be interested in the fact that 1200 engineers and scientists have already provided the truth. Are they ALL liars?

I'm guessing that even if someone admitted they were the ones to bring it down to you personally, you would call them a liar.

Usually in a case like this, it's the minority that are pressed to prove their claims. They have countless times. Now the minority is changing to the majority and will the steadfast believers in the false official story be called upon to prove themselves? I hardly think so.

And so many references to RealSpoke in your posts here? hmmm...

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join