It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons Why Conspiracy Theorists Are More Popular Than You Think!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Touche my friend, touche..See, us skeptics and alternative thinkers CAN get along..We just need to be civilized about it...Who knows we may end up learning a thing or two from each other..I knew there was a reason people like you so much
edit on 21-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

[

Just like religious people...Really?

Peace

Yeah, really..Ever try to rationally explain something to a conspiracy theorist or religious person?..Does not go over to well. Why? Because you/they are set in their beliefs and do not wanna hear anything to the contrary..I don't expect you to understand, because after all you are a conspiracy theorist. Correct? Just because someone speculates on a theory/topic does not make it correct..Even if it makes more since than the original explanation..Sometimes the truth is stranger/lamer than fiction.That's a fact

That article you linked to credits Alex Jones, David Icke, and Gerald Celente as credible sources..nothing more needs to be said
edit on 21-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

I don't disagree that it is difficult, at best, to change the beliefs of a religious person or a so-called conspiracy theorist, but the truth is that changing anything that anyone believes is true is nearly impossible. Conspiracy theorist believe evidence contrary to what they believe is faked and just a conspiracy and non-conspiracy theorists believe anything that isn't reported in MSM or that runs contrary to popular opinion is not true.

It really is a brilliant play to make people feel as if they would be looked upon as a fool if they believed in any conspiracy theory. Fortunately, there are those in the world that see this as a badge of honor. If there weren't anyone to question TPTB or research and uncover information, then the truth would never come out.

Another brilliant play would be to infiltrate any group of people that begins to gain any type of following or begins to uncover the truth and plant people within that group that will act out or present false information to discredit the group and make them look as if the entirety of that group are fools. Wait........they already do that.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Wait, you've never seen a conspiracy proven? How long you've been on here?

Here's one.
Here it is continued.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

Wait, you've never seen a conspiracy proven? How long you've been on here?

Here's one.
Here it is continued.

Yup,

Facts are just facts.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Still... nothing changes.

Many I know still feel not save, walking outside. Yet statistics yell lower crime rates then ever.
Media only shoes negative news.

People still think they will be voting for political leaders that tell the truth...

Yet I'm having fun so I'll sleep good no matter what ;p

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

"The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do".

edit on 22-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

From now on, conspiracy theorists should be described as public intelligence analysts. We are part of a public intelligence community whose headquarters is the entire world. The public intelligence community has bases in North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, China, Russia, and the Middle East. Our loyalty is to truth, freedom, and peace.

I just got myself a new title! Haha....I'm a public intelligence analyst. See my avatar. Thanks Jude!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I agree with everything you said. The word theorist has been intentionally coupled with conspiracy, to demean statements made about them. In all reality conspiracy is a crime and I hear it all the time "conspiracy to commit murder, "conspiracy to theft", etc etc. I dont see the judges who list off those charges called crazy or a nutcase. I feel that analyzing language and how it is used against us is one of the best tools for avoiding manipulation.

As Albus Dumbledore said in the last Harry Potter- “Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it.”

Love that quote under your name OP

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the innerweb has dumbed the population down to the point the the apollo moon landings are commonly thought of as "fake" be people who don't even know how many missions there were

must be all the flouride

It's all a conspiracy I tells ya!

I believed the moon landing when I was six and watched it happen. Then a few years ago, someone brought up the conversation of maybe it didn't happen at all. Then there are pictures, interviews, people taking apart and examining the photo evidence etc.

After all of the counter arguments provided even of late, if I didn't at least question the possibility of it being faked, I would be labelled a sheep by many.

Am I a sheep or alternative thinker?

I like the latter.

Peace

what do you care about being labeled ? that's an odd reason to come to any conclusion. non-conformity for the sake of it is conformity in it's worst manifestation

there are many real conspiracies surrounding us everyday. I find it worrisome and sad a lot of young people don't see the federal reserve and big oil conspiring , the MSM and politicians conspriring because they are bombarded with fringe ideas by people who are bored and want a buzz for their brain on the innerwebz, and more than likely don't even believe in the conspiracy they are trying to sell

the moon hoax crowd has been at if for years and years, and still haven't scored a single "point" that can't be explained, and of course have never even bothered to try to explain how the hoax was accomplished, that's no fun, then you are the one putting out the "official story" to be debunked !

but if you were to go to a high school parking lot and ask the kids, I'm sure a lot of them would hit you with "why does the flag wave man ?" and other tripe

sad

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jude11

Conspiracy theorists have been proven right about so many issues and historical events, with 9/11 being the most important among them. The views of conspiracy theorists are more popular than ever because they are telling the truth.

Really? I didn't know truthers claims to have been proven true.

Fail article

I believe the point is not that any one particular theory surrounding 911 is proven correct but rather that most Americans don't believe the official story so to the point they do believe there must be some conspiracy hiding the truth.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The term "Conspiracy theorist" is a Neo-Con invention specifically intended as a slur against people who think differently from them, and its usually spoken in the form of an accusation much in the same way as "you're a homophobic" or stop being "anti-semitic" just because one is either against gay marriage, or Israeli dominance.

The fact of the matter is this - I AM NOT A CONSPIRACY THEORIST any more than the US government is. My world view happens to be significantly different from that of a believer in the official government version of 9/11 - its known in intellectual circles as weltanschauung.

PRONUNCIATION:
(VELT-ahn-shou-oong)

MEANING:
noun: World view; philosophy of life; a framework through which to interpret the world.

ETYMOLOGY:
From German Weltanschauung (world view), from Welt (world) + Anschauung (perception).

NOTES:
When we bring in a word from another language, sometimes we borrow it and at other times make a loan translation. The word weltanschauung appears so useful that English has borrowed the original form and also made a loan translation: world view.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
A vast majority of officers of the law such as police, detectives, and other investigators run into many real conspiracies in their lines of work. Sure many are dismissed as unfounded, but every once in awhile one of them shows merit.

For example, drug cartels/gangs, black market weapon dealers, protection racketeers, etc, are considered accomplices in criminal conspiracy in many cases.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Yeah, really..Ever try to rationally explain something to a conspiracy theorist or religious person?..Does not go over to well. Why? Because you/they are set in their beliefs and do not wanna hear anything to the contrary..I don't expect you to understand, because after all you are a conspiracy theorist.

The whole point of being a conspiracy theorist/alternative thinker is almost DEFINED by not accepting the status quo which is totally the contrary of having set beliefs and not wanting to hear all sides of a story.

I really don't see a strong connection between religious thinking and alternative thinking.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Conspiracy Theorist is just a label that is used to defame the character of modern alternative thinkers.
The words themselves do not have any negative connotations in my opinion; by literal definition, someone is a conspiracy theorist if they think deeply about a secret cabal engaged in criminal activity.
The words have been turned into a catchy stereotype by the media and work as a buzz word for average joe to think 'crackpot' and automatically disregard anything the so called 'conspiracy theorist' has to say.
I think more people are waking up though, and the younger generation can see through the lies and manipulation of public opinion by the media.
Maybe the pre-programmed response to the 'conspiracy theorist' label will phase into a new understanding and respect for the title some day.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Long live us free thinkers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooo Hooooooo!

I love it, and love me some Alex Jones even if I dont agree with him all the time, he is a nutter I can enjoy and find more truth with his words than I can my own Government.

Illuminati anyone??

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby

From now on, conspiracy theorists should be described as public intelligence analysts. We are part of a public intelligence community whose headquarters is the entire world. The public intelligence community has bases in North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, China, Russia, and the Middle East. Our loyalty is to truth, freedom, and peace.

I just got myself a new title! Haha....I'm a public intelligence analyst. See my avatar. Thanks Jude!

I like that. I like it a lot.

I think I'll take it and drop the word "public" though. Too limiting for me.

I think I need to work for a think tank.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Which 9.11 theory has been proven true?

There are a million different ones, for all I know they believe in holograms.
edit on 22-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theMediatorThe whole point of being a conspiracy theorist/alternative thinker is almost DEFINED by not accepting the status quo which is totally the contrary of having set beliefs and not wanting to hear all sides of a story.
Almost isn't going to cut it. For instance: if I'm really set in my ways, and my ways are of paranoid contrariness, then I'm going to automatically be an "alternative thinker" while maintaining my own personal "status quo". See, the "straw man" here is assuming that "not accepting the status quo" is the same as "not having set beliefs".

I really don't see a strong connection between religious thinking and alternative thinking.
There's 2 different groups in religious thinking: the "having set beliefs" and "having dynamic beliefs". You can have individual set beliefs that are mainstream or alternative, and no one really will change them. You can have individual dynamic beliefs that are genuinely affected by every single thing you hear out there. Either extreme is going to kill you. There is no growth in a "religious mindset" when you have fully set beliefs. People need to spiritually grow up, just as much as they need to physically grow up. Being too "dynamic" means that you're going to believe everything you're told both for and against your beliefs, and you will change, giving yourself the appearance of hypocrisy. In the end, it's that your words and decisions condemn you daily, too far in this extreme.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

"Truthers" go to great lengths to justify their many absurd claims, and holograms are indeed a part of that justification. Personally, I feel that is only a way for them to ignore the truth, and I certainly don't consider that "alternative thinking" in the least. That is, most surely, only self-delusion.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jude11

Which 9.11 theory has been proven true?

edit on 22-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

The main theory that has been proven true is that the official story is false.

Not knowing the answer as to exactly who did it does not take away from the fact that 1200 engineers and scientists and have sworn statements as to it not happening the way we were told.

That in itself is enough to call the entire situation a lie.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join