I have always maintained that I prefer the term "Alternative Thinker" to that of "Conspiracy Theorist". But, that's just me.
An interesting take here on how the advent of the Conspiracy Theorist has grown beyond tinfoil hats, crazy rantings (Well, we still have Alex Jones)
and being labelled as just plain insane...not all there, anti-everything, uninformed, etc.
With sites such as ATS, the Conspiracy Theorist has found not only a home but a collective of like-minded individuals to throw the info at, have it
dissected, analyzed and with any luck spit out the other end with a glimpse of what is REALLY going on in the World.
I have taken a snippet from each bullet point here but follow the link to go a little further into why Conspiracy Theorists are now more popular than
1. Public opinion polls show that the majority of Americans and Westerners agree with the views of "conspiracy theorists" more than those of
government officials and media personalities.
Conspiracy theorists have been proven right about so many issues and historical events, with 9/11 being the most important among them. The views
of conspiracy theorists are more popular than ever because they are telling the truth.
2. The label "conspiracy theorist" has been used to death, and it is no longer effective in sidelining anti-government narratives to the fringe of
public thought and public discourse.
The label is used by abusive government officials and media personalities to subvert the democratic will of the American people and attack the
credibility of dissidents.
3. The global alternative media is raising the political consciousness of America and the West, and liberating millions from a propaganda prison whose
bars are made of language and official narratives.
The reasons why people reject conspiracy theories are more well known today because of the Internet and global alternative media. This profound
change has had the effect of creating a highly self-aware and super-conscious public that cannot be easily fooled into believing government false
flags and deceptions as it was before.
4. The contradictions within mainstream narratives are harder to gloss over than before.
In this new information environment, conspiracy theorists are able to make the case that their interpretations of epoch-making historical events
are factually correct by providing evidence and historical analysis to back up their controversial statements.
5. The growth of the public intelligence community over the last several years is counter-balancing the power of anti-freedom forces in secret
intelligence communities and their spies in the corporate media.
From now on, conspiracy theorists should be described as public intelligence analysts. We are part of a public intelligence community whose
headquarters is the entire world. The public intelligence community has bases in North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, China, Russia, and the
Middle East. Our loyalty is to truth, freedom, and peace.
I have to add:
6. Because any good Conspiracy Theorist has a really cool avatar and uses words like "Troll" and "Nincompoop"
Peace to all you crazy, loveable, insane, off-the-wall, rabbits, wolves, demons, witches, knights, kings, queens and every other character on ATS.
Long Live the Conspiracy Theorist!