It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Reasons Why Conspiracy Theorists Are More Popular Than You Think!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I have always maintained that I prefer the term "Alternative Thinker" to that of "Conspiracy Theorist". But, that's just me.

An interesting take here on how the advent of the Conspiracy Theorist has grown beyond tinfoil hats, crazy rantings (Well, we still have Alex Jones)
and being labelled as just plain insane...not all there, anti-everything, uninformed, etc.

With sites such as ATS, the Conspiracy Theorist has found not only a home but a collective of like-minded individuals to throw the info at, have it dissected, analyzed and with any luck spit out the other end with a glimpse of what is REALLY going on in the World.

I have taken a snippet from each bullet point here but follow the link to go a little further into why Conspiracy Theorists are now more popular than you think.

sabbah.biz...

1. Public opinion polls show that the majority of Americans and Westerners agree with the views of "conspiracy theorists" more than those of government officials and media personalities.

Conspiracy theorists have been proven right about so many issues and historical events, with 9/11 being the most important among them. The views of conspiracy theorists are more popular than ever because they are telling the truth.

2. The label "conspiracy theorist" has been used to death, and it is no longer effective in sidelining anti-government narratives to the fringe of public thought and public discourse.

The label is used by abusive government officials and media personalities to subvert the democratic will of the American people and attack the credibility of dissidents.

3. The global alternative media is raising the political consciousness of America and the West, and liberating millions from a propaganda prison whose bars are made of language and official narratives.

The reasons why people reject conspiracy theories are more well known today because of the Internet and global alternative media. This profound change has had the effect of creating a highly self-aware and super-conscious public that cannot be easily fooled into believing government false flags and deceptions as it was before.

4. The contradictions within mainstream narratives are harder to gloss over than before.

In this new information environment, conspiracy theorists are able to make the case that their interpretations of epoch-making historical events are factually correct by providing evidence and historical analysis to back up their controversial statements.

5. The growth of the public intelligence community over the last several years is counter-balancing the power of anti-freedom forces in secret intelligence communities and their spies in the corporate media.

From now on, conspiracy theorists should be described as public intelligence analysts. We are part of a public intelligence community whose headquarters is the entire world. The public intelligence community has bases in North America, Europe, Latin America, Africa, China, Russia, and the Middle East. Our loyalty is to truth, freedom, and peace.

I have to add:

6. Because any good Conspiracy Theorist has a really cool avatar and uses words like "Troll" and "Nincompoop"

Peace to all you crazy, loveable, insane, off-the-wall, rabbits, wolves, demons, witches, knights, kings, queens and every other character on ATS.

Long Live the Conspiracy Theorist!

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Conspiracy theorists have been proven right about so many issues and historical events, with 9/11 being the most important among them. The views of conspiracy theorists are more popular than ever because they are telling the truth.

Really? I didn't know truthers claims to have been proven true.

Fail article

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

It's the truth as they see it only in their minds..I've come to the conclusion after many years that conspiracy theorist are just like religious people..It's THEIR way or the wrong way..Not all conspiracy theorist or religious people are this way, but sadly, most are.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by jude11

Really? I didn't know truthers claims to have been proven true.

Fail article

Dig deeper brother...I know you can do it...

Peace

edit on 21-9-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
the innerweb has dumbed the population down to the point the the apollo moon landings are commonly thought of as "fake" be people who don't even know how many missions there were

must be all the flouride

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

It's the truth as they see it only in their minds..I've come to the conclusion after many years that conspiracy theorist are just like religious people..It's THEIR way or the wrong way..Not all conspiracy theorist or religious people are this way, but sadly, most are.

That's not what the article states at all and by that statement you have proven the article to be correct IMO.

Just like religious people...Really?

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

[

Peace

Yeah, really..Ever try to rationally explain something to a conspiracy theorist or religious person?..Does not go over to well. Why? Because you/they are set in their beliefs and do not wanna hear anything to the contrary..I don't expect you to understand, because after all you are a conspiracy theorist. Correct? Just because someone speculates on a theory/topic does not make it correct..Even if it makes more since than the original explanation..Sometimes the truth is stranger/lamer than fiction.That's a fact

That article you linked to credits Alex Jones, David Icke, and Gerald Celente as credible sources..nothing more needs to be said
edit on 21-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're welcome.

I found something interesting:

www.merriam-webster.com...
Merriam-Webster

Conspiracy: A group involved in secret or criminal activities. Synonyms cabal, crew, gang, Mafia, mob,syndicate 2. A secret agreement or cooperation between two parties for an illegal or dishonest purpose Synonyms complicity, connivance, conspiracy Related Words chicanery, foul play, skulduggery ; double-dealing, duplicity; cover-up, frame-up,setup; conspiration, intrigue, plot, scheme 3. A secret plan for accomplishing evil or unlawful ends Synonyms: design, intrigue, machination, scheme Related Words counterconspiracy, counterplot; frame-up;manipulation, subterfuge, trickery; artifice, contrivance,cover-up, dodge, draft, maneuver, stratagem, trick; cabal,confederacy, ring; game, gimmick, racket; ground plan,program, strategy, system; collusion, complicity, connivance,conniving, conspiration

Also from Merriam-Webster:

Theorist: The word you've entered isn't in the thesaurus. Click on a spelling suggestion below or try again using the search bar above.

It's a conspiracy!!

So from Thesaurus.com

Theorist Definition: Deep thinker
Synonyms: logician, sage, savant, sophist, wiseperson

I think you're right Jude, a re-definition is order to win over more people. From those definitions, you get something pretty heady and evil. The word conspire especially is defined as something negative when, in fact, people can conspire together to get something really good accomplished. Is there a word for that with a positive connotation?

We are winning people over though I think with a logic and practicality you don't typically find at the top, and I think that's a testament to the intelligence and perseverance of people who just want the truth to be told from an objective standpoint. I'm not talking about all of us course, there are still the "tin-foil hat" people whom the rest of us have to keep in the basement so they don't make the rest of us look bad
, but for the most part people are getting tired of being spoon-fed the same tripe year after year. They're seeing through the veil of one-sided reporting and they're tired of being lied to and belittled. And I can't blame them. Sites like this give them a voice and like-minded people to read so they can verify what they feel is right. The MSM doesn't give people those options.

Good topic Jude, as always.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

[

Peace

Yeah, really..Ever try to rationally explain something to a conspiracy theorist or religious person?..Does not go over to well. Why? Because you/they are set in their beliefs and do not wanna hear anything to the contrary..I don't expect you to understand, because after all you are a conspiracy theorist. Correct? Just because someone speculates on a theory/topic does not make it correct..Even if it makes more since than the original explanation..Sometimes the truth is stranger/lamer than fiction.That's a fact

Nope, I'm an alternative thinker.

Someone speculating doesn't make it correct, that's a certainty.

And that's why it takes more than just one conspiracy theorist to bring something to the forefront. Otherwise you might just want to stand on a street corner shouting at the devil.

One or 2 conspiracy theorists can't be heard but when there are millions around the World right now that are absolutely convinced that all is not what it seems, it speaks volumes. Are they all conspiracy theorists? No. Are they waking up? Yes.

So what does that make them? Should they be labelled with that moniker that the MSM has used to make all those alternative thinkers look crazy? All the millions?

Trust me on this one...most people truly want to be proven wrong and to be convinced everything will be ok. It's just not going to happen because when we are lied to on a day to day basis from the MSM, Govt. etc, you can't believe anything anymore. And then you have nothing left but to ask yourself what the real reasons are.

And a conspiracy is born.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

We are winning people over though I think with a logic and practicality you don't typically find at the top, and I think that's a testament to the intelligence and perseverance of people who just want the truth to be told from an objective standpoint.

Alternative thinkers are to be thanked for this.

Yes, there are also plenty of nuts out there and they certainly don't help as they are the ones the MSM will focus on, do a story on or interview.

Look at Jesse tho. No one wins against this guy. Smart, well read and spoken and...a conspiracy theorist at heart. Or is that alternative thinker? Yup, I like that one.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Yes, there are also plenty of nuts out there and they certainly don't help as they are the ones the MSM will focus on, do a story on or interview.
Peace

You just read my mind (get outta there!)..These are the people I have the issue with..I have nothing against free/alternative thinkers...It's the wackos out there that come up with the most absurd s**t they can and try to pass it off as the absolute truth that ruin the entire conspiracy world...Believe me, I think conspiracies exist..Just not on the scale some believe they do...And in response to your other post, the MSM is full of nothing but bulls**t..that my friend, we can agree on 1000%

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Peace

You just read my mind (get outta there!)..These are the people I have the issue with..I have nothing against free/alternative thinkers...It's the wackos out there that come up with the most absurd s**t they can and try to pass it off as the absolute truth that ruin the entire conspiracy world...Believe me, I think conspiracies exist..Just not on the scale some believe they do...And in response to your other post, the MSM is full of nothing but bulls**t..that my friend, we can agree on 1000%

And common ground is found!

Our conversation is the whole point of the OP. So many people are starting to wake up and question, talk, read, learn. Not just the nut cases of old but the intelligent and informed of today. These are the new "Alternative Thinkers". These are the ones that are putting the new face on the old.

You and I had a point of contention, we discussed, laid out opinions and found we had common ground based on the actual meat of the topic and not just the surface.

And this is happening all over the World. Just like what we did here...

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
the innerweb has dumbed the population down to the point the the apollo moon landings are commonly thought of as "fake" be people who don't even know how many missions there were

must be all the flouride

It's all a conspiracy I tells ya!

I believed the moon landing when I was six and watched it happen. Then a few years ago, someone brought up the conversation of maybe it didn't happen at all. Then there are pictures, interviews, people taking apart and examining the photo evidence etc.

After all of the counter arguments provided even of late, if I didn't at least question the possibility of it being faked, I would be labelled a sheep by many.

Am I a sheep or alternative thinker?

I like the latter.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I feel that article is undeniable proof that "conspiracy theorists" are conspiring against skeptics such as myself. Does that make me an honorary "conspiracy theorist"? Is anyone interested in debunking my claim?

Damn dude! Sometimes you surprise the hell out me! I'm with you about "Truthers", so a star for you!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Alternative thinkers are to be thanked for this

I certainly consider myself an alternative thinker. To take this one step further, I would not think the way I do had it not been for those whom have paved the way for me.

For instance, Jenny Randles and Klaus Dona are two individuals who have solidified my views on a number of subjects - not because they are conspiracy theorists per se but because the research and material they have bought to light have led me to conclude that what is mainstream thinking is simply incorrect.

In the case of Mr Dona, he has been the victim of demonization - when that happens I want to know why, and when I investigate I find that his words do have merit but he ruffles the feathers of those whom rely on "mainstream" thinking for their bread and butter - forbidden Archaeology is a rabbit hole that runs deep. Shows such as Ancient Aliens are starting to bring to light certain anomalies that fly in the face of what the texts books say (or simply ignore).

Now, my friends and family rely on sites such as ATS for "fair and balanced" information - as you well know, both sides of any argument are very well represented here.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, they'd pretty much have to be more popular than I think they are, wouldn't they? I mean, they couldn't very well be less popular than I think they are.

I'll just have to wear my tinfoil hat and Nibiru t-shirt at the next "pick-up night."

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

We are winning people over though I think with a logic and practicality you don't typically find at the top, and I think that's a testament to the intelligence and perseverance of people who just want the truth to be told from an objective standpoint. I'm not talking about all of us course, there are still the "tin-foil hat" people whom the rest of us have to keep in the basement so they don't make the rest of us look bad , but for the most part people are getting tired of being spoon-fed the same tripe year after year. They're seeing through the veil of one-sided reporting and they're tired of being lied to and belittled. And I can't blame them. Sites like this give them a voice and like-minded people to read so they can verify what they feel is right. The MSM doesn't give people those options.

Nonsense! Do you have a source to back up that silly claim? I suspect that's nothing but imaginative speculation!

Though I was just kidding, I do feel better about getting back to my old debunking ways. LOL

A note to all:
So far I'm enjoying the heck out of this thread. It's a refreshing change, for sure! A star and flag to "jude11"!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 21-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by jude11

I feel that article is undeniable proof that "conspiracy theorists" are conspiring against skeptics such as myself. Does that make me an honorary "conspiracy theorist"? Is anyone interested in debunking my claim?

Damn dude! Sometimes you surprise the hell out me! I'm with you about "Truthers", so a star for you!

See ya,
Milt

Conspiracy Theorist...Skeptic...Kinda, almost, might be, could be...the same?

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Here is the journey a person takes into conspiracy theories.
I have compiled my own list of the stages,
not because I disagree with the OP.
But because I'm jealous and
wish to steal his thunder
by interjecting a short
list on a different
axis.

Mike Grouchy

Layer 1: detect liars

Layer 2: accepting of mod actions

Layer 3: remove counter agents

Layer 4: detect corruption

Layer 5: surprise inspections

Layer 6: treatment of enemies

Layer 7: treatment of the poor

Many never get past Level 2.
Even more think they are level 3
but are just learning level 1 stuff still.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Conspiracy Theorist...Skeptic...Kinda, almost, might be, could be...the same?

Maybe kind of, sort of, almost, so... but sort of, kind of, possibly... not quite. LOL

See ya,
Milt
edit on 21-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join