It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Innocence of White People"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I thought this was such a poignant perspective, a good reminder that the world is a complicated place. That even people we know casually might have radically different world views than us. That world events aren't always seen through the antiseptic and convenient lens of mainstream media.

I'm not looking to troll or to argue, only to broaden people's minds.

www.vice.com...

When asked to explain Muslim rage, I have an answer, but I already know the response to my answer. A defender of “Western civilization” will tell me, “Yeah, but we aren’t violent. They’re the ones who kill people over religion.” If numbers matter, however, the mythology of “America” kills many, many more people today than any myth of “Islam.” To sustain a pseudo-secular military cult, we have produced a nation of cheerleaders for blood and murder. We speak of the cult’s heroic work as “sacrifice” and say that it’s all for a divine cause of “freedom.”

That’s what we send out there, at them. This is not simply a world in which one side has a sense of humor and the other does not, or one side is “modern” and “enlightened” while the other side needs to catch up. The modern, enlightened side is burning people alive. Innocence is simply the playground bully calling your mother a slut after already breaking your jaw, and then wondering why you can’t take a joke...

...The reason for my silence on 9/11 is that I am not only Muslim. I am also American. I am also white. I am male and heterosexual. However, I am not asked, as an American, to reflect on the yearly anniversary of our atomic bombs falling upon Japan, or our countless military interventions throughout the world.

He's not wrong.

This in NO WAY justifies terrorism or violence in the ME, but certainly it should frame it, give it context.

By the end of this year there will likely be over 500 murders in Chicago. Where's the outrage?

Where's the outrage for banker's that have plundered and decimated this country?

Where's the outrage for arsenic in our rice?

Where's the outrage for genetically engineered corn that gives us tumors?

Where's the outrage for wanton police brutality in our streets?

Where's the outrage for a broken education system that robs generations of U.S. school children?

Where's the outrage for our own broken and corrupt political system - indeed our very own dictators and thugs?

It's okay for systemic dysfunction to handicap our own citizens or for corporations to exploit us for money but God forbid a foreign culture such as Afghanistan or Pakistan or Iran reject our way of life and basically signal to us three ways to Sunday for 30 plus years that they do - they must be insane and plowed under - assimilated, with righteous indignation and huge corporate profits. THEY are the barbarians, the hordes...

WTF!!!???

It just all seems so screwed.

We are selective with our indignation. We are in denial about our own culpability both in the Middle East and here. We are hypocrites.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not an apologist but I do have compassion and sympathy. If anything, I'm an isolationist. For humanity's sake, let's just let them be. I don't care about any of it any more. Not Oil. Not Israel. Not the so-called War on Terror.

Let's just live and let live. Let's look at ourselves. Let's BE the change....

(I had such a hard time trying to figure out where to put this so, my apologies if it's in the wrong place...)
edit on 9/21/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Sat Sep 22 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
That is it lets run the streets in protest burn paper and stuff they can't say this about us that is a blasphemer

edit on 21-9-2012 by Buddyweiser because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddyweiser

With all due respect sir, it breaks my heart for both ATS and the world that yours was the first reply to this thread...

With everything that you read, that was all that you felt compelled to communicate? All that you were moved to say?

As I said, we are so screwed. Cue the tripods and Aliens for the Armageddon.

edit on 9/21/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
we are big hypocrites we murder more of our own people every 3 months right here in america than were killed on 9/11, where is the outrage over that? where are the memorials and moments of silence for these people.

In 2010 there were 12,996 murders committed in america,that`s over 1,000 murders a month, where is the outrage?

www.fbi.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Does this guy count as white?

lol.

But it is true, if anyone is going to be all paranoid about terrorism in the USA they would be afraid of white males who are right wing, as they commit the highest rates of terrorism here.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Great points that people should think about more often, it puts things in perspective. over a year there are many things that kill more people than events that send us into wars, yet those things are largely ignored.

It seems that what matters the most to people is the body count from a single event, people don't really pay attention to multiple single events killing people when the body count is low in each event unless it effects them.

It means numerous people are killed daily in unrelated single events of the same cause and we ignore there is a problem and never ask why or call for something to be done about it. but as soon as a few hundred are killed in a freak accident or attack we scream to government etc to do something about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Great OP. We need to look harder at our own cockeyed religious fanatics before criticizing others.

Bible-Based Curriculum Says the Trail of Tears Was a Path to Christ

August 17, 2012

Read more:indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Muslims are just Human, i know red neck Muslims
then there raticals every where just like the LA riot....
all its going to take is a spark to set off a riot anywhere

The way we gain kindness and local cooperation after we take a country....

1) Blameless people are killed by aggressive mob
2) Many times a whole ethnic or religious group is killed
3) Children are trampled, killed, or starved to death
4) Residents become homeless
5) Robbing
6)The whole family system breaks down; any female are treated inhumanly
7)Unkind and unusual methods of pain are inflicted on thousands.
8)Armed persons roam around the streets.all in the name of peace...
9)Every Dog has his Day

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
well put and i agree with all my heart.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

uuuuh, say what? You sir are the problem being addressed by the op. You are 1 side of the dialectic that divides and ruins us at the core.
It isn't a blame game here, it's an accountabilty question. It's not about pointing a finger and saying, "see there, that guy is evil". It's about recognizing our shortcomings and making an effort to fix the macro by focusing on the micro. In other words, what are YOU doing to change things? You fire out a stereotype pretending to take a higher ground yet I cannot even see where you read and understood the op. I ask, say what? I see it as this. You are what the op is complaining about. You are merely attempting it in a reverse descrimination way about it.
It IS NOT about a black/white thing. It IS NOT about a Christian/Muslim thing. It IS NOT about a left/right thing.
Those are the means to the end. That is the dialectic.
This is about division among peoples doing EXACTLY what you are attempting now by pointing fingers and laying blame on imaginary people to whom you cannot appoint a name.

If you are left wing or right wing, you are part of the problem. Either side takes the warmonguering mantle to new extremes after each election cycle and they both demonize the other for doing it, but then when in power they maim and destroy in the name of freedom.
Your depiction of what a terrorist is is simply so simple minded considering how much you missed the mark after having the luxury of first reading the op.....of which I can hardly believe you did so.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Without even reading this thread beyond the rubric...

I WILL BEHEAD ALL THOSE WHO INSULT THE WHITE MAN (evolution be upon him)!!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The outrage is directed towards and projected on "the Other."

Madness at the Gates of the City: The Myth of American Innocence

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Does this guy count as white?

lol.

But it is true, if anyone is going to be all paranoid about terrorism in the USA they would be afraid of white males who are right wing, as they commit the highest rates of terrorism here.

Ignorant flapping of the gums as usual. Right on cue. Good job.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

When asked to explain Muslim rage, I have an answer, but I already know the response to my answer. A defender of “Western civilization” will tell me, “Yeah, but we aren’t violent. They’re the ones who kill people over religion.” If numbers matter, however, the mythology of “America” kills many, many more people today than any myth of “Islam.” To sustain a pseudo-secular military cult, we have produced a nation of cheerleaders for blood and murder. We speak of the cult’s heroic work as “sacrifice” and say that it’s all for a divine cause of “freedom.”

The myth of Islam is not a myth.
They have been killing people for 1400 years, some 300 million.
20000 terrorist attacks since 9/11,

The USA is run by the MIC, corrupted politicians, and the super rich,
collectively known as the New World Order.
The war on drugs has imprisoned some 30 million americans.
The elite rich have transferred the wealth to themselves. the 400 richest
americans own as much wealth as the bottom 150 million americans.
The Vietnam war and murder of 4.5 million ,the Iraq war and murder of hundreds
of thousands and the destruction of the country is all for their profit.
They are a very small group ,probably numbering less than 30,000 who are
destroying america just for a few bucks more to add to their fortunes.
Destroying other countries means nothing to them. the people are just
canon fodder to them. The people are neither guilty nor innocent.

The only thing the billionaire doesnt have in the west is legal polygamy,
he believes sharia can give him that.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

This in NO WAY justifies terrorism or violence in the ME, but certainly it should frame it, give it context.

By the end of this year there will likely be over 500 murders in Chicago. Where's the outrage?

First 6 months of Chicago homicides last year:

VICTIMS- BLACK= 74.6% OFFENDERS- BLACK= 61.1%
HISPANIC= 19.5% HISPANIC= 35.2%
WHITE= 4.3% WHITE= 3.7%

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Something else that is uniquely American and Western

Self Hatred in Victory

No one will ever give an adequate response to what War is justifiable via morality because the simple answer is NONE if you choose to examine reasons for War from a pov of peace you will always find none and the process is simply cultural masochism.

People will say the Nazis were bad, were they? Or did they simply loose?

America killed the natives, lets be honest, what did happen to Roanoke? The first murder in NA was it Native on White or vice versa? Was Columbus fired upon at one point for "exploring" Had the Mayans enslaved many of the local tribes? Did they play a form of Soccer with Human heads? Human Sacrifice, teen age virgins having their hearts ripped out?

Do I slam the Natives, no... it's an EXAMPLE, peaceful many were not, period.

It's all how you tell the story and what side you take in the end.

Back to the Nazis, a Master Race. How is Multiculturalism not a "master" Race...

Right or Wrong?

Truth is we are the same...

Islam is Culturally Imperialist

Western civilization is the same

It is choice... the 2 systems will not coexist, they can not, it is impossible...

Right or Wrong? Neither... preference, to defend one or the other is to be a liar, to scream peace and yell why at the heavens is to avoid the choice because you can't bear the stark sad reality.

The West kills, the Middle east kills...

Both seek salvation, One chooses Allah, the Other chooses Science

I don't believe Allah is coming... so I choose, but I do not think we are better people, I do not pretend this is pretty, and it is not about demonetization

There is a simple point, endless reproduction, superstition and a belief that the after life is more important than life will doom humanity and only one philosophy will dominate the globe.

Every civilization has had some God, Every civilization has fallen, my choice of science is clear, if there is a God he doesn't intervene or hasn't in a very, very long time. In the morning I start my car I do not pray to it.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I am so sick of people victimizing themselves..

I say it is about time we get the anglo saxon empire running again and conquer the world, If we are being blamed for it we might as well do it.

SECRET SOCIETIES AND 1 % CONTACT ME WE CAN DO BUSINESS.

And for those wondering I am not being racist I am just sick of being LABELED A RACIST BECAUSE OF MY RACE.
edit on 23-9-2012 by Gestas because: Racism.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

LOL! Right Wing White Males who all got skared and are hiding in their buried school bus bunkers stockpiling for armageddon?

HA HA HA! Those couldn't organize a boy scout expedition. If you are afraid of them yer in need of help.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

Thank you OP. Fantastic post....!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gestas

I say it is about time we get the anglo saxon empire running again and conquer the world, If we are being blamed for it we might as well do it.

I think before you can go out and conquer the world you will need to free your country from the occupying forces of the banking cartel.

Your words have power you should be more careful how you use them...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join