It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Join the Parade. Paprika

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Just want to drop this here hoping it might make you want to watch Paprika. It is by far the best anime movie i have ever watched. Not that i am a huge anime fan, but that movie is incredible.

I am totally addicted to that song. Weird i know...

In the near future, a revolutionary new psychotherapy treatment called dream therapy has been invented. A device called the "DC Mini" allows the user to view people's dreams, exploring their subconscious thoughts. The head of the team working on this treatment, Doctor Atsuko Chiba, begins using the machine illegally to help psychiatric patients outside the research facility, using her alter-ego "Paprika", a persona she assumes in the dream world. The movie opens with Paprika counseling Detective Toshimi Konakawa, who is plagued by a recurring dream, the incompleteness of which is a great source of personal anxiety for him. This type of counseling session is not officially sanctioned, so Doctor Atsuko Chiba and her associates must be cautious that word does not leak out to the press regarding the nature of the DC Mini and the existence of Paprika. Her closest ally is Doctor Kōsaku Tokita, a child-at-heart genius and the inventor of the DC Mini. Unfortunately, before the government can pass a law authorizing the use of the device, three of the prototypes are stolen. Because of their unfinished nature, the DC Minis can allow anyone to enter another person's dreams, giving the culprit an opportunity to get away with all sorts of malicious deeds. Almost immediately, the chief of the department, Doctor Toratarō Shima, goes on a nonsensical tirade and jumps through a window, nearly killing himself.

Rottentomatoes gives it a 83% score

"As a showcase of the limitless power of the imagination, Paprika never fails to delight the eye and engage the mind. We are never sure exactly whom we should be cheering for, or even if we're rooting for real characters or their avatars"

www.rottentomatoes.com...

Not going to put a link to the actual movie since this might be against T&C but i doubt anyone will have difficulty finding this movie online.

Hope you enjoy it as much as i did.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Paprika is an awesome movie!
If you're going to watch it though, make sure you dont step away from it once or you'll come back and not know wtf is going on. =P

Its a super intense movie.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
great movie, i love the intro.

new topics

join