It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Releases Tax Information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Romney doubles Obama's charitable giving

www.washingtontimes.com...

Romneys have owed taxes in each of the years in question — which contradicts a charge Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, Nevada Democrat, issued earlier this summer.

and here:

Democrats, Media Get Punk'd: Romney Releases Tax Returns

townhall.com...

- In 2011, the Romneys paid $1,935,708 in taxes on $13,696,951 in mostly investment income.

- The Romneys’ effective tax rate for 2011 was 14.1%.

-The Romneys donated $4,020,772 to charity in 2011, amounting to nearly 30% of their income.

-The Romneys claimed a deduction for $2.25 million of those charitable contributions. The Romneys’ generous charitable donations in 2011 would have significantly reduced their tax obligation for the year. The Romneys thus limited their deduction of charitable contributions to conform to the Governor's statement in August, based upon the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13% in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.

and here:

Romney Paid 20.2% Effective Tax Rate Over Last 20 Years… Nearly Same As 20.5% Obama Paid In 2011…

weaselzippers.us...

Harry Reid unavailable for comment.

I predict MSM will spins this to make him look like a theft or they will ignore it - as will the majority of ATS.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Dear sad_eyed_lady,

Above all, I must thank you for the kindness that you've shown me. Kindness which no one will ever know about.

Anyway, to business. I suspect that ATS will treat this largely as the outside world will, which is a little disappointing, as I held on to a hope that ATSers were a little different. Give them a bit of information, or a hint, and I would hope they would be on it.

But what I suspect will happen will be some combination of the following:

1.) "Well, he's not disclosing every line of every page of every tax return. That proves he's hiding something and a crook." PriceWaterhouse did a summary, no one on ATS would read the more than 2000 pages in Romney's returns.

2.) "Well, Romney probably owns PriceWaterhouse, you know how the ultra super rich help each other." Then go check on corruption in PriceWaterhouse. Find it and report back.

3.) "But there was a year when he only paid 13.66% on his income tax, that's less than suffering Americans." Recheck the definition of effective tax rate, and marginal tax rate, check the IRS numbers, and report back.

4.) " "

What you won't hear is "Sen. Reid, who's the source that lied to you?" "I guess we'd better apologize to Romney," and "Fair's fair, I guess we Democrats had better demand that Obama open up his mystery records, as well."

I must confess that I am only surprised that the information was released. I am not surprised in the slightest that he paid his fair share of taxes, and donated money left and right.

I know this will be taken in the wrong way, but I don't know how else to put it. Strip away all their politics, render them naked to the world, so that only the inner man is left, and I think you'll find that Romney is a good man and Obama is a bad (or at least seriously wounded) one.

With respect,
Chares1952

edit on 21-9-2012 by charles1952 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think you are likely spot on with your assessment of how MSM will cover this story and I share the same views of the candidates as you. Of course, your speak it like the gentleman we know you to be.

Sad eyed lady

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

Dear sad_eyed_lady,

I'm surprised, but I guess, really I'm not. For awhile, Romney's tax returns were the country's and ATS's hottest issue. People thought it was vitally important, crucial to the existence of the Republic, and, who knows, maybe essential to the existence of life on this planet.

This has been up for three and a half hours, no one has to go to work in the morning, and you've drawn one commenter? (Your faithful servant.) Doesn't make ATS look too good. Looks like they've chosen Option 4.

Perhaps this is just a reminder to put not our faith in Princes, and that God, not humanity, is in control. Obviously, I'm going to have to step up my prayers, for you and me, as well as the country.

With respect,
Charles1952

edit on 21-9-2012 by charles1952 because: add a sentence.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The fact is, he was always planning on releasing 2011's tax returns. And we knew that. It's like people have amnesia or don't understand the issue at all!

It's the 2009 (and before) returns that he refuses to release. Remember the big economic collapse in 2008? we want to see how he manipulated his tax returns to prevent having a loss LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!

He has ALWAYS said he would release 2011. :shk: Short attention span...

Romney was hoping people would be ill-informed enough to think that this is the tax release everyone has been clamoring about. And it looks like he was right. He's always counting on his voters to be stupid enough to believe his lies... Looks like he was right. :shk:

edit on 9/22/2012 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Additionally, the Romney campaign is releasing a summary of 20 years of taxes, between 1990-2009, detailing their tax expenditures during those years:

In each year during the entire 20-year period, the Romneys owed both state and federal income taxes.

Over the entire 20-year period, the average annual effective federal tax rate was 20.20%.
Over the entire 20-year period, the lowest annual effective federal personal tax rate was 13.66%.
Over the entire 20-year period, the Romneys gave to charity an average of 13.45% of their adjusted gross income.
Over the entire 20-year period, the total federal and state taxes owed plus the total charitable donations deducted represented 38.49% of total AGI.

Source

So much for your argument. I know! But what about 1989? Huh? He didn't release his taxes for 1989, so he MUST BE HIDING SOMETHING!!!!
edit on 9/22/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

The Democrats aren't asking for a SUMMARY of his taxes. They're asking him to release several years of tax returns, as many presidents have for years.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The Democrats aren't asking for a SUMMARY of his taxes. They're asking him to release several years of tax returns, as many presidents have for years.

Only the numbers count! The delivery method doesn't mean crap!

Your comment only shows that you aren't willing to accept the truth, regardless of what form it is in. Unfortunately, that seems to be far too typical of many Democrats. Hell, if honesty meant anything to you, and many of your political peers, you wouldn't be supporting our "Liar in Chief", and his dishonest administration.

In your case, "charles1952" hit the nail on the head with:

1.) "Well, he's not disclosing every line of every page of every tax return. That proves he's hiding something and a crook." PriceWaterhouse did a summary, no one on ATS would read the more than 2000 pages in Romney's returns.

To "sad_eyed_lady", "charles1952", and "schuyler":
Thank you very much for your many fine efforts at trying to "Deny Ignorance". Well done!

See ya,
Milt
edit on 22-9-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

top topics

join