It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Avatar By Any Other Name....The Psychology of Avatars

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Smylee I love your avatar! It is one of my favorites that I have ever seen, anywhere!

I have to admit not much time went into mine, but when I saw it, it spoke to me! Yes, I am aware of the symbology on her back, and that it carries a pretty heavy illuminati tone. It seemed fitting to me as most of my personal research has been on the illuminati and the NWO. And hey, I think we all have them on our backs now. Honestly my username more truly describes who I am.

I enjoy the avatars and it does make what you are reading in a thread more personal, but I believe that our words carry their own weight. I don't judge an idea by appearance, but by the merit and truth within it. So no, they don't affect how I read the threads.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
well i chose mine because i love t rex's, but on a psychological level i guess it also represents all of my personal
defence's.

i always have warp power to my shields and i never let anyone in.

i was hurt at a very young age and i don't trust people.

"now i wriggle like a fish caught on dry land, struggle to avoid any helping hand."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I love it when people quickly change their avatars from pics of dorky looking guys or random stuff, to really cool and tough looking avatars of knights with swords, when they feel they need to be more intimidating in order to win a discussion.

Weak.

Especially if they team up with matching knight avatars, as if they were communicating about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Cool thread. I love the variety of Avatars on ATS. I think they speak a lot about a person.

I for one chose mine because I am intrigued by the sun. It has the ability to give us life or as most of us already know to annihilate it. It creates so much beauty and I like the fact the girl is blowing it away like a dandelion. Seems harmless and peaceful.

On the contrary my name reflects how I have felt for years. Restless with all the crap going on around us and just waiting for the other shoe to drop!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Cuz, Nazi Zombies are so cool

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteHat
Your avatar is nice, I love animals, even if they have creepy eyes...

Also there is a lot of humor there, so don't worry.

Why, thank you, WhiteHat.

Now, tell us about yours?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

I did, right above your previous post.
here www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-9-2012 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I didn't choose my avatar...my avatar chose me.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
My avatar reflects my name, my intent in seeking depth (wisdom, knowledge, peace, humor) from the content of the ATS threads that catch my eye...
I love the ocean, water, am a licensed boat captain & scuba instructor.
I was born a Pisces (totally fits), and have given birth to 3 Pisces sons who think I'm 1/2 Pirate and 1/2 Mermaid.
Coincidence???
The avatar just fits.
Yes, I do think that member avatars do initially give me a first impression. I try to be open minded sometimes I'm right on with the fiirst impression ( classic Pisces trait intuition), other times pleasantly surprised at the depth I recieve.
Smyleegrl - Great thread, along with others loving your avatar. It fits you from all of your posts I have read and enjoyed. *

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I am a big fan of the female Predator. Every avatar I have in a social networking setting has some incarnation of her. I am even planning on one badass tattoo. I guess I see her as an alter ego of sorts but more than that its the visual aesthetic that draws me in. Something about the lines....the well honed power. I ended up purchasing one of the helmets and can't wait to eventually build up a workable cosplay. My hair is even dreaded so no need for wigs, lol.

I suppose I never really thought of the impression others got of me based on my avatar. I like to think that it matches the tone of my posts to an extent. Action made with purpose and clear intent without a need for the flowery and unnecessary. It tells people....yeah...Im a chick...but underestimate me at your peril, lol. And the name...well thats something i have had for years. I even integrated it into my business. Somewhere behind me is a trail of men with smoke coming out of their mouths, lol. I have had the pleasure of being judged on here for it but I'd be a poor predator indeed if I cared. I believe we can only be who we are. Trying to fit into what others want us to be wastes time because its not gonna happen. I tacked on the IR because I am a fan from I Am weasel from way back. I Are Baboon was my favorite character

edit on 22-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by irsuccubus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
My avatar represents the corporate take over of the state's position of power in the USA. The federal government and the corporations are in collusion to dominate our nation. This fact needs to be recognized before it can be addressed.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Mine was created by me for me LOL I am some what of a hack artist. So I created this a few years back. It is actually the Eye of the Joker (from Batman).

I have heard it does creep out a few people on here but I am not sure why it is just an eye. I did crop it, to make it more like the all seeing eye. But there is no malicious meaning behind it.

You can find my gallery here but you will not see the original image because I felt it was crap LOL

I am curious of what people think though...
edit on 22-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I edited a picture of me and added a Kabuto+Mempo to cover my face. Meaning behind it? None really.
edit on 22-9-2012 by DeadSnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I like your avatar....it's piercing and intent. I don't find it hostile, per say, but it is wary. It makes me think you might be somewhat guarded in your replies, but personally secure in yourself and your opinions. From what I've read of your posts, it fits.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekingDepth

I love your avatar...it invokes a sense of peace and tranquility. Spiritual depth, indeed.

I'm derailing the thread a bit, but I'd love to hear more about your "Pisces traits" as I am (depending on which chart, sometimes it's listed as Aquarius) a Pisces also.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Your avatar isn't creepy, but I do find myself mesmerized by those eyes. I actually think its a light hearted avatar, and one I look for in a quality thread.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Interpreting other's avvy's are we? Cool. Yours makes me think of WW2. That's when "girl power" really kicked in imo. Out of the kitchen and into the workforce. Some think that it was the suffrage movement of 100 years ago or the bra burning of the 60's. I think it was during WW2 that this really kicked off. There's steel under that soft exterior. A good thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
reply to post by abeverage

I like your avatar....it's piercing and intent. I don't find it hostile, per say, but it is wary. It makes me think you might be somewhat guarded in your replies, but personally secure in yourself and your opinions. From what I've read of your posts, it fits.

WOW...100% correct in your observation. You are very perceptive...
I am most definitely secure in my opinions even when I am wrong! LOL!
,but I will often admit I am if I can see the fault and try to keep an open mind.

Thank you!

p.s. do check out my gallery if you bored enough LOL
edit on 22-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yep! She's a take on the Rosie the Riveter posters.

Wolverine was always my favorite xmen....

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
Ant-Man!

super scientist, Pacifist..he thinks everybody has some good and is willing to deal with their BS no matter to try and help them bring it out, as well as an unwavering defender of his morals and lover of Ants...as well as still a reclusive weirdo.

Yours is definitely strong though, my wife has a deep love for the symbol as well and it does indicate to me a women who isn't afraid of some dirty work, and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done and fight for what she believes in.

My great grandmother worked in factories during WW2, to the day she died she could have filled in for that poster!

great thread!

That is the name of my avatar too! Ant man!

Now I know what it means

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join