It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul gets Senate to vote on ending foreign aid at midnight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.dailypaul.com...

"The other side is arguing that without foreign aid, we will have war. I'm arguing that with foreign aid we will have war."

Rand Paul has got the senate to vote on ending foreign aid. The vote will take place at midnight. Strange time of course, but hey that's why they're our leaders (sarcasm), staying up till midnight to vote for those crucial issues. They'll probably not only continue the aid but add some extra on just to teach us libertarians a thing or two. Oh well, at least we can't just blame it all on Obama.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
www.dailypaul.com...

"The other side is arguing that without foreign aid, we will have war. I'm arguing that with foreign aid we will have war."

Rand Paul has got the senate to vote on ending foreign aid. The vote will take place at midnight. Strange time of course, but hey that's why they're our leaders (sarcasm), staying up till midnight to vote for those crucial issues. They'll probably not only continue the aid but add some extra on just to teach us libertarians a thing or two. Oh well, at least we can't just blame it all on Obama.

Perhaps little does he know foreign aid and petrol dollars are the only things propping up the US.

I vote for down with the BS.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I agree with Amercanist.

They'll never approve this for the simple fact that the US "needs" to improve other countries' well beings

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Well it is friday so this late vote will make the perfect excuse to give their wives when they go out to the bars after the vote to get drunk and whore it up on a friday night.

"i`ll be home late tonight honey i got important voting to do on the floor"
edit on 21-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
All that foreign aid is sure keep us war free.

Wait a sec...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Even a broken clock can be correct

Let's see who shows up to vote

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
We can all thank Harry Reid for this vote taking place.

Over in the Senate, Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., delayed that chamber's getaway to force a procedural vote on legislation by endangered Democrat Jon Tester of Montana to boost access to public lands for hunting and fishing. Republicans protested that the move was nakedly political and had tried to block it.

The spitting match ensured a post-midnight Senate session before a final vote on the only must-do item on the agenda – a six-month spending measure to keep the government running after the current budget year ends on Sept. 30.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Uh, no, we can all thank Rand Paul for getting this voted on. If it twere only Harry Reid, methinks we'd get nothing of the kind.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

You're both right;

Reid also relented to a monthslong demand by tea party Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., for a vote on suspending foreign aid to the governments of Libya, Egypt and Pakistan. The measure faced sure defeat. Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., however, was poised to win sweeping approval of a nonbinding resolution supporting action to make sure Iran doesn't develop a nuclear weapon.

So Harry Reid had the senate stay after midnight but also agreed to take up Paul's vote. It wasn't Rand Paul all on his lonesome to keep the entire senate in Washington on a single vote on foreign aid to three of our allies, that was just an addition to what Reid had planned.

new topics

top topics

join