It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dog tumbles from car on the highway, still waiting for owners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Pes the dog has probably already forgotten his highway-speeds tumble from a car window.

Lisa Alton, not so much.

The Caledonia resident was driving up the Mountain on Highway 403 Wednesday just before noon when a furry black blur “bounced” on the pavement ahead of her.

“He just came out of the window of this car and the driver kept going, didn’t even slow down,” recalled Alton. “It was a horrible sight. It was insane. I couldn’t believe it then — I still don’t believe it now.”

A truck narrowly avoided hitting the bleeding Rottweiler as it limped towards the side of the road. Alton managed to quickly pull over and grab the frightened animal’s leash before he bolted.

“It’s amazing he survived, given the traffic and the speed he was going when he hit the ground,” said Alton, who gave the dog to city animal control. “But I want to make sure he stays alive.”

A veterinarian has patched up the dog’s cuts and scrapes, said animal services supervisor Jim Gillis, and the city is holding the dog until the end of Saturday in the hopes an owner will show up.

“He has a few abrasions, but he’s happy, very friendly,” said Gillis. “He was pretty lucky and, I guess, so was everyone else (on the road).”

What happens next is still up in the air.

First off, how could someone not notice a dog jumping out of their window??

Secondly... Do these owners deserve to own this dog? Or at least get him back?!?!

Look at that face!

IF anyone happens to live somewhere in the area of Hamilton Ontario, and has room in their life for this big fella... Please go and adopt him... before his former owners manage to get him back!

This kind of stuff disgusts me... people seem to think owning a dog is a right... when in fact its a privilage!!

Even if it was a mistake, how about stopping to get the dog after he "jumps" out the window FFS...

This might be more of a rant... Mods do what you must

edit on 21-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That is so sad
. I live in Ontario so I will post this story on mt Fb page to spread the word.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
This is the reason why i hate seeing dogs in the back of trucks unchained and unprotected. I always imagine them jumping out at something. I really don't understand why more owners do what they can to keep their dogs chained in the back of a truck.

Idiots.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
This is the reason why i hate seeing dogs in the back of trucks unchained and unprotected. I always imagine them jumping out at something. I really don't understand why more owners do what they can to keep their dogs chained in the back of a truck.

Idiots.

I agree but he says this one was IN the car and out the window. Maybe someone threw him out :-(

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

He jumped out a window in a car... At least dumb people with trucks have a dumb excuse...

Theres no excuse for a dog jumping out of a window in a car... thats just careless idiocy...

Hes a pure bred Rotty too... Hes so beautiful i would adopt him myself if i had the means

edit on 21-9-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
How you treat those that cant defend or speak for themselves says alot about you as a person.

Maybe these owners should be thrown from a moving vehicle, see how they like it...

Yea I guess Im one of those people that consider a dog more deserving of life than some people.

new topics

top topics

join