It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gallup: 60% of Americans Don't Trust Mainstream Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Gallup: 60% of Americans Don't Trust Mainstream Media

It seems now that 60% of Americans don't trust the M$M !!

A Gallop Poll has indicated that people are waking up to the BeeEss.

I wonder how big of a percentage of M$M is slanted toward Liberal agendas as compared to Conservative ?

If most are Liberal, then that would mean that most of the BeeEss is from Liberal sources.

Gallup is out this morning with a new poll that contains a damning indictment of the mainstream media. 60% of Americans, an all-time high, do not trust the mass media to accurately or fairly report the news. Mind you, that isn't 60% of Republicans or conservatives, but Americans of all political persuasions.

From Gallup:

The record distrust in the media, based on a survey conducted Sept. 6-9, 2012, also means that negativity toward the media is at an all-time high for a presidential election year. This reflects the continuation of a pattern in which negativity increases every election year compared with the year prior. The current gap between negative and positive views -- 20 percentage points -- is by far the highest Gallup has recorded since it began regularly asking the question in the 1990s. Trust in the media was much higher, and more positive than negative, in the years prior to 2004 -- as high as 72% when Gallup asked this question three times in the 1970s. ....

The article has some details.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

If most are Liberal, then that would mean that most of the BeeEss is from Liberal sources.

would that also mean that most of the 60% who don`t trust msm must be liberals? and that most of the 40% who still trust msm must be conservatives?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Well, it's not a mass awaking to the blatant corruption but it's a start. Gotta start somewhere, glad more people are waking up to the obvious.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

40 percent of Americans are idiots.
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
which begs the question WTF is wrong with the 40%

too much fluoride or just too stupid to wake up?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm willing to bet that the vast majority of that 40% is over the age of 40.

Some older folks think you're absolutely insane to think the TV would EVER lie to you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

My first thought was the same as Benrl:

which begs the question WTF is wrong with the 40%

too much fluoride or just too stupid to wake up?

And my second thought was yours:

Some older folks think you're absolutely insane to think the TV would EVER lie to you.

Great minds think alike and the rest are……learning!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

True. There are others, though.
My ol' Dad, 84, loves two things about TV. Yelling at the news that they're "liars!!!", and yelling at Law & Order about all their abuses of people's rights and lack of proper jurisprudence.

He's a lot of fun, that guy is.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Listen guys the mainstream Media does NOT lie..why would they? Pretty much everything is factual and can be backed up.
In an emergency they are the first place i'm running to to get real,trustworthy, lifesaving information.
They deserve our respect,for great stories that affect our lives,most people would be completely in the dark if it wasn't for news sources like CNN and Fox and Debka
I am proud to wear there logo's on my t-shirts and hats and i have only been beaten up once,deny ignorance
Human out...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

I think you are exactly right.

As to why, well there was a time when the News just did exactly that, Broadcast the News.

I guess some older folks never caught on to the change over to Fabricating the News.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Only 60%

Maybe for some that is good news, but for me I find it kind of depressing that there is still so many ignorant people who can not see through the BS of MSM.

It is a sad sad state of affairs when you get more truth from a Political Satire show on Comedy Central than you do from the MSM who's job is to actually report the news.

new topics

top topics

join