It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Over the United Kingdom

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
has any one just seen a slow moving meteor over manchester it looks like it was breaking up.
me and my son just seen it about 11pm. going east to west.
first time i have ever seen any thing like it and was so. i dont know so glad i saw this this maybe i will see this again.

edit on 21-9-2012 by mad bloke because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by mad bloke because: (no reason given)

For more info, please see this thread,
www.abovetopsecret.com...
posted moments after mad bloke's thread
edit on Fri Sep 21 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: title edit, as the meteor was seen over a large area....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mad bloke

Pics man. We need pics. I can't see anything in Manchester from Houston.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
just been talking to a family member and a friend bith in different parts of the country and both saw what you did.
ones in Leicester ones in leeds

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
i saw it! it was flying so low, the tail of it was moving around and looked like the back end of a firework. My friends in leeds saw it too

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
My son has just txt me saying he has recorded on his phone "just seen mad stuff in sky i recorded it so ill be a little late."
I live in Birchwood, about 9 miles from Manchester...I'll update as soon as he's in.
Curiously at around 11am today we heard one of those 'sky noises' over Manchester. My son hates 'conspiracy with a passion. However at the beginning of the summer holidays he was on his way over to his mates house and he heard the weird noise, it left him feeling sick. He started looking into it. A few days later he told me that he had just read a news report that there had been an unexplained fish death in a pond in the same area at around the time he heard the noise.

I'll let you know about the vid he's taken on his phone.

Rainbows
Jane

link   
I live near manchester airport btw

link   
reply to post by mad bloke

no it was so fast maybe 5 or 6 seconds but just seeing it i was so shocked and in awe that i just wanted to look at it for myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Hearing reports "Squeals of Anquish" from all angles.. pardon the pun. From Scotland to Penzance there appears to be, some what a shed load of meteors right now.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Just seen my sons vid...coooool! He's gone back out on the strength of the last post in case he sees more!
He's tried emailing his vid to my account...so far it hasn't come through.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

I am sooo freakin' excited!!

Can not wait to see video

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Just replied in another thread - in Cheshire and can confirm that it was massive. I saw the last one the was in the UK and described as 'the height of 25 years sky watching' by Jodrel Bank but this was much, MUCH bigger. There was maybe 10-15 smaller parts and one massive bright part. It was actually quite scary because of the size.

My daughter was with me and she wasn't impressed at all - she just wanted to know if it was going to hit and if there would be more!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Heh, I just created a thread too at the same time, it seemed to go right over my head though. I'm shaking as a leaf as they say, lol.

Here is the direction and location of the one I saw.....I am located at the X

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Lots of reports now from Dublin too, it's being seen by most of these Islands it would seem. I had a look out but too many city lights here spoiling the horizon.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Hi mate my facebook just lit up with people i know seeing it in rosyth scotland

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
i also saw about 7 or 8 smaller bits coming off but it must of been to high for ant sonic booms as i did not hear any. i wish i did.

link   
i want to see vid. So annoyed i was too slow!!

link   
I just asked my other half which direction it would have been going in - he missed it by about 30 seconds on his way home.

We're in Cheshire and it was going west. Out towards Wales so same as above map.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Oh the wait is killing me..............

2 threads in 5 minutes and about 30 replies all up - 70% witnessing the thing.

How bright was it - welders flash intensity? did it last long?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Down south, thick cloud, I'm seriously jealous

angelchemuel. Phone the police and tell them to get your son back home, I wanna see the vid

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sorry guys, still struggling to get it off his htc phone!
It looked spectacular....and yes I know that doesn't help!
Rainbows
Jane

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join