It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enjoy Chemtrails?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
While enjoying Cary Town, a little shopping district in Richmond VA with the wife and kids, I came across this graffiti stenciled to a wall.

FULL SIZE IMAGE

Has any one seen this before? Was a made by a specific group?
edit on 9/21/12 by Djdoubt03 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
The characterization is of J.R. "Bob" Dobbs. Here:

Wikipedia

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs is the figurehead of the Church of the SubGenius. His image is derived from a piece of 1950s clip art. According to SubGenius dogma, "Bob" was a drilling equipment salesman who, in 1953, saw a vision of God (JHVH-1 according to Church scriptures) on a television set he had built himself. The vision inspired him to write the "PreScriptures" (as described in the Book of the SubGenius) and found the Church....

Church of the Subgenius, and all that; interesting reading....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Very interesting. So I'm guessing someone was making light of the Chemtrail conspiracy?

The Church of the SubGenius is a "parody religion"[citation needed] organization that satirizes religion, conspiracy theories, unidentified flying objects, and popular culture. Originally based in Dallas, Texas, the Church of the SubGenius gained prominence[citation needed] in the 1980s and 1990s and maintains an active presence on the Internet. In 1980 the church's publicity arm, The SubGenius Foundation, was incorporated. The Foundation's president is "Reverend" Ivan Stang (Doug Smith) and the Vice President is Dr. Philo Drummond (Steve Wilcox). Publicly accessible cited figures from 1988 indicated a membership of 3,500,[1] "more than 5,000" in 1990[2] and "close to 10,000" by 2003.[3]
Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
i read it in the opposite way

top topics

join