Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

How will you spend December 21st?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Firstly, sorry if this has been done before. I was trying to think of an idea for my first thread and this seemed as good an idea as any.

I, like a sizable portion of the UK will be out partying for Mad Friday (possibly just a scottish tradition, at least in name?), where we all get sloshed to celebrate finishing work for the Christmas hols. If we're all gonna die, I'm gonna die pished dammit! And if the worst happens there'll be no hangover or Christmas shopping! Every cloud n all that.

Over to you...

ETA Does anyone know what time (GMT) the aliens or nukes or whatever are due to kick off?
edit on 21-9-2012 by BlueNose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueNose

Spend it like any other day?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If anything happens at all it's going to be at 11:11 pm GMT..

I'm going to try to find my way back to Nova Scotia to spend the Christmas week with my daughter and December 21, 2012 is included in that week. I suppose it would be nice to know what people will be doing on December 21, 2012.
edit on 21-9-2012 by TheProphetMark because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

The destruction will start at 00.01 in Australia and then move with the time zones
I'll be spending it like every other day working to make ends meet because this rock we are on will keep on turning
edit on 21/9/12 by Todzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
That answer is one that probably can't be given accurately until December 20th. But if all goes well, I'll be unwrapping Christmas presents and trying to retape them so noone notices.
edit on 9/21/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)
edit on 9/21/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I will spend it the same as any day.. Drunk.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This year, December 21st is Yule (Winter Solstice) so I think I'll be quietly celebrating with the family.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Pretty much everybody's heard of this theory, so I assume on the date it will be a highly talked about subject, to say the least. But I doubt anything predicted will happen. There's just no hard enough facts.

Was interesting though, I found out some interesting things reading and researching about the theory.

Oh yeah, and I'll be working on the 21st..That would be really crap if the world ended and I was at work. Irony or what

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Liquored up.

Typical day.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If its 11.11 i won't even make it to the pub! Poor show Mayans.

Nice family Christmas then for some, even more debauchery than i had in mind for others lol. Good luck with those warts!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have extra time off to burn so I WON'T be at work. Just in case, I'd hate my last sights to be cubicle walls and spreadsheets.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm going to spend 90% of my money on wine/whiskey and women. I guess I'll blow the rest.

link   
I'm getting married on 12/8, so it will be smart for me to spend it with my new wife if I want to still be married on the 22nd. We will be stocked, locked and loaded.

link   

Scrambling, looking for last minute Christmas presents same as every year.. Completely mindless to the fate that is about to befall our world. Suddenly, what's that ? What is it ? Why it's, it's superman. Strange visitor from another planet.

SnF OP for your enthusiasm.
edit on 21-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why does getting drunk became so typical and encouraged behavior? Where did we go wrong as a specie?

/type of questions i'll probably be asking myself on Dec 21th, while wondering why nothing happens.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen.

Hasn't it been proven that the date has a false meaning attached to it to begin with? Hasn't it also been said that the Mayan's never talked about apocalypse or need for concern, and that the date has been hyped up with the purpose of selling books through fear?

Any who, I'm not one bit worried.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

I assume death is less painful when drunk. I have no first hand knowledge if that is true however.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Have to agree i can't see much happening, except a few loonies going even loonier than usual. If I'm wrong I really hope i get time to finish work and spend coupla hours in the pub though. Can we put it back to maybe 11.11 Western USA time?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Going to Vermont and spend the Holiday with relatives, Sking Okemo Mountain, snowmobiling , hunting and eating wild game and of course having a few drinks.

OH! For the doomsayers.... REMEMBER pay your bill's and wear condoms ...just in case.
edit on 21-9-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join