It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So sick of the "Left vs Right" BS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
We need to institute New 2-4 year term limits for ALL elected government officials

Serving the country in political office is a privilege and should not be thought of as a career!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by iWontGiveUP
We need to institute New 2-4 year term limits for ALL elected government officials

Serving the country in political office is a privilege and should not be thought of as a career!

Actually, we need to stop paying them. We need to stop retirement packages, we need to stop medical benefits to them all.

Serving should be a privilege, not a fast-track to a McMansion.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other. This, in my humble apprehension, is to be dreaded as the greatest political evil under our Constitution."

John Adams

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Pretty sure term limits have to be voted on and approved by congress and I dont think any of them will vote themselves out of a job, lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

You and me both brother. You and me both.
Enough with the Left vs. Right bickering

It has gotten completely out of hand, and honestly I don't see any kind of end in sight. I've heard talk of a Republican vs. Democrat civil war. I think that is unlikely, and it wouldn't solve anything anyway.

But I don't see how this crap can continue as it has, something has to give somewhere. Or maybe it can go on indefinitely, I hope not, but I don't know.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn

You and me both brother. You and me both.
Enough with the Left vs. Right bickering

It has gotten completely out of hand, and honestly I don't see any kind of end in sight. I've heard talk of a Republican vs. Democrat civil war. I think that is unlikely, and it wouldn't solve anything anyway.

But I don't see how this crap can continue as it has, something has to give somewhere. Or maybe it can go on indefinitely, I hope not, but I don't know.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Your name is very appropriate and perhaps prophetic for what will eventually happen in America. We will watch it burn; especially the cities. It won't be a war; more like a holocaust and the whole country will slide into a neodarkages with the accompanying barbarism, chaos and anarchy.
edit on 21-9-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wanna see a bunch of adults act like high school children? Get them to talk about politics..All the back stabbing, bickering, and name calling makes you ignorant minded fools look way more than childish..Infantile is the word that comes to mind

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That's what I am betting on.
I'm not too sure on what the sides will be, at this point it could be any of the demographics. But then it doesn't really matter does it?

However it unfolds, I am confidant that I will be fine. I am very good at that.
I'll just sit back and watch the show.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
With all the campaigning going on right now....
Who is actually working in DC right now

We should post a STAR CHART
Earn stars for showing up to work
Earn stars and flags for tackling our deficit
Isn't there a new debt limit crisis that requires a vote upcoming????

And you call this a democracy

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by olaru12

That's what I am betting on.
I'm not too sure on what the sides will be, at this point it could be any of the demographics. But then it doesn't really matter does it?

However it unfolds, I am confidant that I will be fine. I am very good at that.
I'll just sit back and watch the show.

There will be hints and references before the real **** hits the fan. I have already made preparations to be in a
more primitive yet civilized country south of the border somewhere, Probably Argentina. I'm so glad I don't have any kids.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends,
it is the Right of the People to alter or to
abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on
such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them
shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Actually, we need to stop paying them. We need to stop retirement packages, we need to stop medical benefits to them all.

Serving should be a privilege, not a fast-track to a McMansion.

That`s what i`ve been saying for a long long time. make it a volunteer position just like it was when our founding fathers started this country.
Back then representatives didn`t get paid.They had regular year round jobs that they left for a few months to go to philadelphia and do their duties.When they were done they would go back home to their jobs as farmers,shop keepers, printers etc.
People who really care and want to help their country will be glad to do it for free, and it will weed out the crooks that are only doing it for the bribes and the money.
Give them a small living allowance for the time that they are washington doing their work otherwise only rich people would be able to afford to volunteer.
Things would get done a lot faster because they would be eager to get back home and back to making money at their chosen careers.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
The only people that are really concerned about the country are the ones that will speak out against ANYONE thats doing harm to it, regardless of political affiliation.
Im a republican and I am completely disgusted with the presidential nominations for the last two elections, on both sides.
For example; if anyone can actually claim that Fast and Furious was a legitimate, legal operation, then youre an idiot but how many democrats are calling for a THOROUGH investigation in it? Very few if any.
I'm sick of these politicians and people, supporting each other because they are considered "left or right"
When the govt stops being so politically biased, I think the American people will to.

I'm a Democrat and I couldn't agree more with you!

(and for the record I fully support a very thorough investigation into the Fast and Furious fiasco.....Some people should most certainly lose jobs over this, and quite possibly should face some legal action as well!)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

Thank you!
When I start seeing repubs chastising repubs and dems chastising dems, then I'll feel like we are on a level playing field but it wont happen.
Its always a divisive, us vs them mentality.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

Actually, I tend to think it's more like arguing over ways to keep the sinking ship afloat longer, to save more people. The only right answer was to take on more water (specifically in the end that was not full of water, so as to balance the ship out). More akin to not bailing out big business and just letting them fail. Both sides are arguing about doing anything but letting us fail where we need to.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissention, which in different ages & countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders & miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security & repose in the absolute power of an Individual: and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."

George Washington, September 19, 1796

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
It's sad to see how many people actually think there are real differences between either party.All the petty crap that they present as issues are just that petty crap,to keep the masses thinking that they really do have a voice.I say let them vote.Let's sit back and laugh as they post threads expressing their shock and dismay when the guy or gal they supposedly voted for does nothing and proceeds to break each and everyone of their campaign promises.

edit on 033030p://5526 by mike dangerously because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Saying "both left and right are false" and "politicians are crooked" is nothing new. Every other post since a decade says the same. But these sentiments are not necessarily helpful because they put the common man into a position where he is the victim of a pointless charade.

Let me therefore suggest that the left and right each have particular elements that are potentially useful and a selection of politicians that are potentially capable. Let me furthermore suggest that this whole thing is not solely up to politicians or the collective, but to ME and YOU as individuals. Politicians are a reflection of the general populace, some will be crooked, some wont. As I assume responsibility for my life and clean it up, I most contribute to the overall country. That has more virtue than the endless bashing of politicians that the majority seem to have turned into a favorite sport. By doing so they parrot the mass-media as well as the partisans. They see the parents bashing each other (and Government IS a parent substitute) and copy their example. It is time to stop bashing politicians and take responsibility first for yourself, then your family, then your community, then your state.

Greetings,

Your Resident Libertarian.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I'm more of a "right vs wrong" ideology.

Yes, I am more conservative than Karl Rove after a beheading, but I am also a registered independent. The GOP just didn't do it for me anymore.

Good for you. I lean to the left but gave up party affiliation 7 years ago. I realize now that anyone who subscribes to one party or the other is made to look foolish. I aint no fool. Voting isabout making up your own mind, not subscribing to someone elses agenda. I can remember arguments with die hard party affiliated people where they tried to defend thier party's actions even when they were clearly wrong. They would get this deer in the headlights look and start sputtering nonsense. Pretty sad.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Wanna see a bunch of adults act like high school children? Get them to talk about politics..All the back stabbing, bickering, and name calling makes you ignorant minded fools look way more than childish..Infantile is the word that comes to mind

Yes. Those arguments resemble arguments between kids over who's football team is better. Many time the accusations are countered by other accusations and responsibilty is left hanging.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join