Originally posted by abeverage
PlanetXisHERE I want to ask you a few questions. And I do hope you will answer them.
1. What do you wish to accomplish with these threads?
2. Are you wanting to create panic or dismay or fear?
3. Are you afraid of a planet X?
Funny, I always seem to fall for these threads...mostly because I am curious about the ignorance people have of the sky and science in this modern age
or how people are duped into believing something fantastic yet utterly absurd!
However...I also believe a planet X is possible, maybe a twin to the sun or there maybe a unknown planet lurking in our backyard. I even believe it is
possible a rouge planet could actually pass through our solar system.
BUT...we will see the effects, and quickly everyone will know! Amateurs like my self will be freaking out at anything larger than an asteroid
especially something as large as a planet is coming! It maybe a secret if it is a deep space object but anything as large as small moon will be seen
by any amateur with even the smallest of scopes and it will not stay secret. I have tried countless times to capture this claimed phenomenon to no
avail which tells me it is misidentification, optical anomalies(lens problems or flares) or a flat out hoax!
If it is not and only select people are seeing it then...will it really harm us?
So, I implore you, to use logic and reason, become an amateur astronomer learn the skies, become good enough so that if you ever did spot something, I
would believe you, and stop acting like the person who cried Nibiru!
p.s. I am not offended I just don't like it when people frighten people from their ignorance, or purposeful hoaxers. Some day something like this may
be real but with so much junk what would we believe?
edit on 22-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)
You ask some good questions, I will try to answer them since you are respectful.
I certainly didn't become interested in Planet X due to these pictures or similar ones; I first became interested due to geological, meteorological
and socio-political anomalies on earth, started looking for explanations - and Planet X theories were one of the few possible scenarios that would
explain most anomalies.
What first clued me in was the 188 day earthquake cycle, for which we are due another strong quake over the next week.
Here are some other anomalies which used to be extremely rare events, even ten years ago when we had 24hr cable news (nullifying the argument that the
world is more connected now):
1. Earthquake swarms all over the planet within short time frames, these used to happen pre and post quake for large quakes and be limited
regionally, now they seem to be happening almost continually along many faults - at the same time.
2. Huge increases in volcanic activity - just off the top of my head, why in New Zealand a couple of weeks ago, 3 volcanoes erupted on the same day -
hundreds of km's from each other. I travel down to Costa Rica and they usually have 2 - 3 active volcanoes, but for the past half year or so they
have had 6-7 active volcanoes. Many old volcanoes are waking up - such as Santorini. Twenty years ago we may have had half a dozen active volcanoes
in one year, now the number is 3-4 times that.
3. Mass animal deaths - sure we used to hear about beaching of certain mammals like whales and dolphins. Now we are hearing about huge mass fish
die-offs every week all around the world - this used to be extremely rare, and mass bird deaths.
4. Huge fireballs like the one many saw in the UK yesterday - we used to hear about one of those in the news maybe a couple times a decade - now it
is once a week or so.
5. Rivers and lakes turning red - never used to hear about this. At first it was explained away as some Saharan phenomenon, until it started
happening in places like India, China and the Artic.
6. Sinkholes - apart from places like Florida they used to be very rare - now popping up all over the world on a regular basis.
7. Storms - more intense now, more hail, storms we have never heard of before like Derecho's.
8. Noctilucent clouds, used to be a rare Actic phenomenon, now seen regularly at lower latitudes.
7. Strange noises recorded from all around the world - similar in sound but unexplained.
That is just the natural, I don't even want to get into the socio-political as it will be a distraction for some.
So basically many natural events that used to be extremely rare are happening every week now. There is something affecting the planet, and we are not
being told what.
So to answer your questions,
1. I would like promote discussion of the Planet X theory, with real posters who are open minded and can at least disagree without getting
disagreeable. I believe that is the raison d'etre of ATS, and this is the forum to discuss this topic.