It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet X complex captured on video Sept 21, 2012 11:00 UTC?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The faces of both Jupiter and Saturn are very dynamic and do not stay the same. They are constantly changing weather patterns on both.

Even familiar features, like the Great Red Spot on Jupiter is subject to changes, and will one day disappear.

Just as a snap shot of the Earth from space, the weather on our planet changes with every hour. Cloud formations change and move. Tropical storms form, strengthen and weaken, they also move about.

I'm afraid pointing at 2 gas giants that also have clouds and weather systems, and saying: Look! They don't look the same as last year! is not going to help prove some outside body.

I understand Saturn and Jupiter are not static, but these events seem to go beyond what we usually see, here is an article calling the Saturn storm a "Once in a generation storm" - clearly not an everyday event for observers on earth:

Article on "Once in a generation" storm on Saturn

And here is another article on Jupiter losing it's ring, called a "Big Mystery", what a JPL planetary scientist calls "A big event":

Article on: "BIG Mystery: Jupiter loses a stripe"

So to sum, these events are hardly the norm with these planets (while still within the realm of what theoretically could be expected), and while looked at in isolation hardly offer conclusive evidence of Planet X being in our solar system - I don't believe I said that - just add to the mountain of evidence for the existence of Planet X. If it is ridiculous to even think about this, then why will this post get any responses? Again, if this is ridiculous to contemplate, why does this thread have a few hundred posts? Do these people post on all threads they consider "ridiculous"? Why choose this one?
edit on 29-9-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Because you keep spreading false information. I don't think you should be allowed to spread fear without anyone challenging your claims. For example while a storm on Saturn occurring once a generation may seem like a major event think of it in the grand scheme of things. The solar system is over 4.5 billion years old. A human generation is a blink of the eye compared to that. Furthermore there's a reason why this storm seems to occur like clockwork every 25-30 years. Saturn's year is roughly 30 Earth years long. We generally see these massive storms during the Saturnian summer. Just like on Earth, Saturn is more susceptible to large storms in the summer however due to a difference in atmospheres these storms are a bit bigger on Saturn.

As for Jupiter, there are a lot of mysteries surrounding it. I'd say the biggest is the Great Red Spot. I mean how does a storm that big go on for so long? As I mentioned above the SEB has vanished numerous times over history. While the reason for this is a mystery that doesn't mean that the event is something we've never seen before. From what I understand, the leading hypothesis is that the SEB disappears due to a cloud layer that blocks it out. Of course to confirm this you'd probably need a probe to check it out.

All of this information was readily available on the internet. You claim you're not trying to spread fear but that seems exactly like what you're doing. You only study things that are pro-Planet X and try to tie anything into existence without doing any kind of proper research.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

People respond to threads like this because it's a forum.

Not because it proves something.

If you have a very large group of people (ATS Members), who are a diverse group, with many different backgrounds and beliefs, you will have people respond, discuss, post opinions, argue, agree, etc, etc.

The only thing it proves is that this is a forum where people can talk back.

Jupiter and Saturn's faces changing in big ways is surprising to us, sure. But then, how long have we been observing them this close and in such detail? Not that long actually. So what is the norm, and what is not?
That question is based upon how long we've been observing something.

You say it's not evidence itself, but belongs to a "mountain" of evidence. And that is the problem: you lump everything together, trying to connect the dots, when the dots may not even be there.

This is the same as saying Atlantis exists because:

You read about it in a book. Proof
Your neighbor washed his car....and he NEVER does that! It's Proof!
A hurricane hit some city, and it's never been hit by one before! Proof!
There's a type of tree that grows on the east coast of the US, and it also grows on the west coast of Africa! Proof!

The neighbor wants to sell his car, so he washed it. Hurricanes can hit many places that may not have been hit since we've been recording whether, and it's possible that the trees were imported, or are indigenous to both areas.

So it seems you grab at anything and say it's "evidence", and when people try to explain things to you:

Claim that the very fact that they are responding is proof too.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

just add to the mountain of evidence for the existence of Planet X.

Ever hear of Mt. Trashmore? This is very similar. It may look real but start digging and you'll find it's full of garbage, end of analogy.

Piling up a mountain of "evidence" such as the video this thread is supposed to be about is difficult to view as anything other than deception. Will you defend the video in the OP? You haven't mentioned the video since the first comment on page 3. It's been clearly shown that your defense in that comment actually debunks your premise in this post and many others.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Since this is not the "Planet X Complex" in the vid, what is really being promoted here?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I only have my experience to show for itself...and it goes like this; there showed up a planet out of the blue and the choices I made at the moment speculating on what it could of been, I wished for better choices so in the moment I failed, in between awestruck by the beauty of it all. Everyone ran outside to look and once we realized we were in survival mode. Call me crazy but it's true.

Sign out...cause all of a sudden my computer is so alive.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

People respond to threads like this because it's a forum.

Not because it proves something.

If you have a very large group of people (ATS Members), who are a diverse group, with many different backgrounds and beliefs, you will have people respond, discuss, post opinions, argue, agree, etc, etc.

The only thing it proves is that this is a forum where people can talk back.

Jupiter and Saturn's faces changing in big ways is surprising to us, sure. But then, how long have we been observing them this close and in such detail? Not that long actually. So what is the norm, and what is not?
That question is based upon how long we've been observing something.

You say it's not evidence itself, but belongs to a "mountain" of evidence. And that is the problem: you lump everything together, trying to connect the dots, when the dots may not even be there.

This is the same as saying Atlantis exists because:

You read about it in a book. Proof
Your neighbor washed his car....and he NEVER does that! It's Proof!
A hurricane hit some city, and it's never been hit by one before! Proof!
There's a type of tree that grows on the east coast of the US, and it also grows on the west coast of Africa! Proof!

The neighbor wants to sell his car, so he washed it. Hurricanes can hit many places that may not have been hit since we've been recording whether, and it's possible that the trees were imported, or are indigenous to both areas.

So it seems you grab at anything and say it's "evidence", and when people try to explain things to you:

Claim that the very fact that they are responding is proof too.

I enjoy your posts erik, and even though in my response I quoted your post, my bottom comments were directed at other members not you.

Your posts are thoughtful and respectful, and I really enjoy reading them.

Many others openly and admittedly ridicule me and this topic, and most of their posts are aimed at emotional engagement, contain much negative connotation, insults etc - just basic pollution - they seemed to have lost sight of the main purpose of this website - a place to disagree without being disagreeable.

With you, I get a sense that you are truly trying to educate me and others reading these threads, and that is a worthy goal.

However with others, I get a sense they consider this nonsense, which is their right. However, some of these individuals literally have hundreds of posts on my threads they consider nonsense - who spends so much time on something they consider nonsense? I certainly don't - thus you won't see hundreds of posts of mine on threads which I consider nonsense - what a waste of time - and completely irrational behavior.
edit on 29-9-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

So you'd rather complain about other members than actually respond to the points that have been made? How does that further the discussion in anyway?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I just can't fathom how something of this magnitude hasn't been shown more attention over the past ~1800 years. People freak out over a vague ending of a Mayan calendar, the changing of a year, a crackpot's prophecy, etc. - but pay no mind (while not really even noticing) a giant planet heading our way. I realize it's been announced in a handful of newspapers and whatnot over the last three or four decades, but c'mon...I don't buy that some huge conspiracy is keeping it a secret from the world. The size of this is too large for any government to hide. It's a planet...not an assassination or some top secret operation.

As far as tell-tale signs on Earth that it's here, I don't really buy into that either. The Earth is an organism in itself. It has, consistently over time, gone through drastic changes in climate, weather patterns, volcanic/earthquake activity, and so on. There are probably numerous things to blame it on, but I can't see blaming it on a huge planet that just popped up overnight. There is too much left to be explained without jumping on this wagon.

Intriguing hoax, nonetheless. I continue to follow it because it's interesting to see what lengths people go to in order to keep it alive

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

So.. let me get this straight, trying to educate people, that those like Ms Lieder and Mr Moore are off their rockers, and thereby possibly and potentially saving a life in the process, is an unworthy, and "cluttered" endevour?

Please share the logic in that line of reasoning, for someone who claims to be trying to save everyone...

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

4. Some people get offended at Planet X speculation, why? Are not there literally dozens of threads on ATS about possible end of the world doom, such as pandemics, Near Earth Objects, WWIII, alien invasion, the rapture, cosmic ribbons or clouds, gamma ray bursts, EMP attacks, NWO takeover etc etc - are those topics less "scary" than Planet X topics? Am I on the wrong website? Is this the wrong forum? Hasn't Planet X been mentioned on many episodes to Scooby Doo this year, not to mention specials on the history Channel on Nemesis/Planet X? If you don't like Planet X threads are you unable to stop yourself from clicking on them?

You mentioned a number of very real threats. There is a grave danger that our modern transportation infrastructure could lead to a global pandemic. Fortunately, there are things we, as individuals, can do to prevent this. We can encourage the governments of the world to fund public health agencies that monitor and control disease. We can practice good hygiene and get vaccines, if available. Near Earth Objects pose a genuine threat; they are being monitored by both amateur and professional astronomers. We can encourage our representatives to fund this research and work together to formulate an international action plan. World War III, terrorism, and so forth are genuine possibilities, too. Again, political action is possible.

Given all the very real dangers you have enumerated, why introduce a fictitious one? One that, if real, one could not possibly hope to affect by one's actions? You seem determined to instill others with dread and helplessness. Why?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

The faces of both Jupiter and Saturn are very dynamic and do not stay the same. They are constantly changing weather patterns on both.

Even familiar features, like the Great Red Spot on Jupiter is subject to changes, and will one day disappear.

Just as a snap shot of the Earth from space, the weather on our planet changes with every hour. Cloud formations change and move. Tropical storms form, strengthen and weaken, they also move about.

I'm afraid pointing at 2 gas giants that also have clouds and weather systems, and saying: Look! They don't look the same as last year! is not going to help prove some outside body.

I understand Saturn and Jupiter are not static, but these events seem to go beyond what we usually see, here is an article calling the Saturn storm a "Once in a generation storm" - clearly not an everyday event for observers on earth:

Article on "Once in a generation" storm on Saturn

And here is another article on Jupiter losing it's ring, called a "Big Mystery", what a JPL planetary scientist calls "A big event":

Article on: "BIG Mystery: Jupiter loses a stripe"

So to sum, these events are hardly the norm with these planets (while still within the realm of what theoretically could be expected), and while looked at in isolation hardly offer conclusive evidence of Planet X being in our solar system - I don't believe I said that - just add to the mountain of evidence for the existence of Planet X. If it is ridiculous to even think about this, then why will this post get any responses? Again, if this is ridiculous to contemplate, why does this thread have a few hundred posts? Do these people post on all threads they consider "ridiculous"? Why choose this one?
edit on 29-9-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

Another question for you.. do you ever actually read the full articles you post from or just take what suits you; as is now shown by reading further down, this belt on Jupiter dissapearing is NOT unusual..

This isn't the first time the SEB has faded out. "The SEB fades at irregular intervals, most recently in 1973-75, 1989-90, 1993, 2007, 2010," says John Rogers, director of the British Astronomical Association's Jupiter Section. "The 2007 fading was terminated rather early, but in the other years the SEB was almost absent, as at present." The return of the SEB can be dramatic.

And in this one from your Saturn link.. showing that these storms DO happen with some precision..

But about once every Saturn year - the equivalent of about 30 Earth years - something stirs deep below the clouds that leads to a dramatic planet-wide disturbance. The phenomenon occurs as spring comes to Saturn's northern hemisphere.

So please, tell me, how did you miss some of the text in these articles?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Care to guess the year this photo of Jupiter was taken?
i319.photobucket.com...
Note that the south equatorial belt, which normally surrounds the great red spot, is missing.

Care to guess the year this photo of Saturn was taken?
i319.photobucket.com...
It shows a massive "great white spot" storm enveloping the planet
*Apologies on the color balance on that one. I know it's not perfect, I processed the raw Hubble data myself and I'm still trying to perfect my technique at combining the image data into a color image.

edit on 29-9-2012 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Being that everyone here is communicating in a medium that is pure text (unless someone posts a video that they recorded of themselves talking), it can be very hard to determine things about a poster, simply because we can't hear the tone of their voice, we can't see their body language and we can't see their faces.
We only have their words to go by.

I spent several years as both a mod and system admin on a forum, where I had to deal with people getting into very heated arguments. In many cases, one of the posters was someone that I absolutely detested, but I had to be fair and balanced in all things dealing with them.
This taught me to try and be as objective as possible when communicating on the internet. least my words also be read the wrong way.

That doesn't mean I 'detest' you though (see? Had to make sure you understood that).

I think that you are simply very facinated with the idea behind Nibiru, and it's something that you enjoy sinking your teeth into. For you, it's like a big puzzle that you are trying to put together so you can see the big picture.

Unfortunately, this puzzle has pieces that may not belong to it, is missing pieces, and the big picture might not end up being what you think it is or want it to be. I think if you accept that and understand that, you might look at this subject in a different way, or at least start looking at what you consider "evidence" or "proof" in a different light.

Am I suggesting that you forget all this? To stop going down this road? To Quest For Nibiru?

No. I will not tell you that. There is absolutely no harm in you investigating this at all. There is no harm in you coming here to post things and get people's opinions, ideas or explanations. Everyone should be free to pursue the subjects that they want to, no matter who thinks it's a waste of time or not.

However, when you come here and start stating certain things as fact, when it's still open to debate, that is what you'll get. If you spend time trying to make people think that this is very real, that the end of the world is going to happen, when nothing at all of the sort has been proven, You will get people up in arms about that, and I can't blame them for it.

Suggesting that people be ready for possible disasters is never a bad idea. Any of your detractors here will even admit it's a good idea to be ready for one, especially if you live somewhere where disasters have a high chance of happening.

But saying they should because of Nibiru will make more people raise their eyebrows than to run out and get extra food, water and batteries. Especially since all the disaster possibilites with a rogue planet are not survivable.
If a "moon" of Nibiru hits the Earth, that is the end. It's over for every single life form on this planet. The entire crust of the Earth would turn molten. There is no bunker in the world going to save you from that.
If the Earth's orbit is change enough, the surface of the Earth would become completely hostile to life, either because of broiling temps or temps so cold that parts of our atmosphere freeze solid.
Or, if the Earth's orbit were changed enough, we'd either fall into the sun, or be flung out of the solar system. The first people might survive even in bunkers for a few weeks to a couple of months, only. The 2nd, people could survive longer, but given another year, I doubt it as we get as far out as Neptune and further.

So this is one reason people get upset about it: it's the same as shouting "Fire!" in a crowded theater, when you're not sure if there is one. It's a serious thing.

I can't speak for others, but when you post things, I'll give my opinion on them. If it's a video, I look at it and tell you what I think it is. If you show something having to do with space and astronomy, I'll see what you are saying, and I can tell you what I know about the subject. But it's up to you to decide if you believe me, or to do some more research in that area.

I would urge you to stop telling people to be ready spiritually. That's a VERY personal thing. There are other forums for that. I'm happy for you that you are ready, but others may take (and have) offense at you questioning them on it.
Personally, no I'm not ready. But it has nothing to do with my soul or spiritual well being. It has to do with my children needing me, and watching my grandchildren grow up (I've got 2 right now). I still have about another 30 years left in me, and I'd like to have those years so I can see more of the story of Life, The Universe, And Everything, while I can.

If you feel people are picking on you too much, there is always the Alert button. But try this first: Start a thread, and talk about something, and why you feel it is evidence of Nibiru. Welcome all opinions, be open other possibilites, and just ignore those you feel are abusive. You don't have to answer them.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Thank you Erik for such an excellent post, one of the best I have ever read here on any thread, I feel honored that you have posted it on my thread.

I agree with much of what you are saying. I am very interested in this possible phenomenon, that is why I like to discuss it with folks such as yourself, in one of the few forums possible to do so on the interent. It goes without saying it is tough to discuss possibilities such as these with one's friends, neighbors, co-workers, family etc (though I am lucky enough to have a few open minded friends and family who realize judgements are just dysfunctional egoic ways of thinking).

In my own defense, I never stated Nibiru/Planet X as being a fact - just that there is a mountain of evidence for it - but I'm still uncovinced myself. Things I have stated as fact are such as: major earthquakes happening on a 188 day cycle (the fact of which cannot be denied by anyone, but many attempt to explain it away), fact - of the top ten earthquakes in the last century, half have occurred within the last 8 years; fact - there are more active and volcanoes on watch now than 20 years ago; fact - wild weather incidents have increased around the globe; fact - more mass animal deaths around the globe; fact - Clinton recalling the ambassador's all home at the beginning of 2011 which has never happened before - etc etc.

I only bring up spirituality because some say I'm possibly inducing fear of death in some readers, though I'd be curious to see if they post the same comments on the threads that talk about WWIII, nuclear war, pandemics, NEO's, the rapture, zombie viruses, alien invasions etc etc - I don't know how one possible doomsday can be more scary than another. Anyway, my point about spirituality - which has nothing to do with religion and can apply to every person on earth no matter their race, religion or creed is that if you are spiritually prepared, you can face death in a car accident tomorrow, death in your sleep in old age, or death from some world doomsday.

I don't know why you speculate on possible Planet X scenarios, all I know is that if the stories are true, then this does happen every 3600 years or so, and looking at all the humans, animals and plants existing on the earth now - many must have survived repeating 3600 year passage to be here today. My aim is not to focus on survival, but I think it is a waste to discuss Planet X and not remind people that survival preparations are important - at least if Planet X is real it will give people something to focus on and give them hope, unlike the dark hopeless scenario you have painted.

However, I do enjoy your posts, they set the bar high in terms of intelligence, logic and respect - things we all should strive for. I look forward to discussing this and other issues with you in the future. As for other posts that set the bar low in these regards, I do ignore them - as I urge others to ignore my threads if they do not think they are worthy of their time - but for many this does not appear to be the case.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The thing is physics precludes the possibility of a large mass object passing through the solar system every 3,600 years. After even a few passes the Earth would have been launched into the recesses of space.Even if we ignore this fact the original source for these claims, Sitchin, said it wouldn't come around for another 900 years. So why would there be reason to believe that this object would return this year? Some nonexistent 2012 Mayan prophecy created by charlatans?

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The thing is physics precludes the possibility of a large mass object passing through the solar system every 3,600 years. After even a few passes the Earth would have been launched into the recesses of space.Even if we ignore this fact the original source for these claims, Sitchin, said it wouldn't come around for another 900 years. So why would there be reason to believe that this object would return this year? Some nonexistent 2012 Mayan prophecy created by charlatans?

Wow, another serious question, we're making progress!

You're basing this physics on what kind of passing distance? I have heard the number 10 - 15 million miles bandied about - enough to affect earth but certainly not enough to either pull Earth closer to the Sun or pull Earth into a more distant orbit depending on whether it passes between us and the Sun or outside of Earth's orbit.

Also, Sitchin is just a small piece of the puzzle for me, as I have mentioned before most of what has me almost convinced is the acceleration of earth changes, such as volcanism, earthquakes, mass animal deaths, unprecedented weather, and unexplained socio-political moves.

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

I believe the following phrase fits aptly for this subject:

"We're blundering around in the dark here!"

Someone says to me "there is an unknown object, that may or may not be referenced by ancient texts, that swings by the Earth, or around the sun ever 3,600 years, causing all sorts of disasters." I'm going to do some thinking and question asking:

The questions I'll ask are:
What is the size and mass of this object?
What disasters happened?
If the period is every 3600 years, there were many civilizations with written records going back that far. Do we have records from several of them documenting said disasters?
When was the last time? (this is so I can determine the next time).

I'm going to do the following thinking:

Orbital mechanics dictate that if we know the period of an object's orbit, we can set some minimum and maximum bounds, meaning how close and how far out an object can go to and from the sun. We know how close is too close (ends up colliding with the sun, or get's flung out of the solar system, aka Sling Shot Effect), and we know how far out something can get before the sun's gravity can no longer keep it in orbit, it will keep going.
If we know it's mass, that will help with the above.

Then I'll ask some other questions:

If records do show there seems to be a disturbance that happened globally at the same time, is it possible to have an object pass by the Earth, without significantly changing our orbit, inclination and eccentricity?
If the answer above is yes, how small of a mass would it need to be?
Is it possible for it's mass to be small enough, and that the Earth's, Venus, Mercury and Mars just happened to align on one side of the sun, if and when this object passed by, so that none of the inner planets had their orbits disturbed?

Is it possible, that instead of a orbiting body.....if there were indeed records recording global disturbances all at the same time period....that instead, a small, rocky rogue planet passed through the solar system? Meaning that it's not on it's way back, because it was passing through our system, but people thought that planets MUST orbit a star, there for it must come back?

Always question, and always stop and think. Does this make sense? Is there any possibility that someone is lying or making up stories? Is it possible that someone is hiding something? Is it possible someone is using these ideas (about Nibiru) to take advantage of people and scam them for money? Is it possible that some are using this idea to simply call attention to themselves? To empower themselves with a following of people? Is it possible for this thing to exist scientifically? Is it possible to prove it? Is it possible that something like this can exist, but that everyone is wrong about it and there is no way to know for sure?

Is it possible that I may be wrong about some things, and right about others? Is it possible that I want to believe in something so bad, that I'm letting it affect my judgement? Is it possible that others are so blinded by their denial that they won't even entertain ideas, theories or "what if?" discussions?

I personally don't think Nibiru exists, not as it has been presented either by Nancy or Sitchin. I've just not seen enough evidence to support either.

Now, if you want to start a "What If?" thread, about a rogue planet, that could [someday] pass through our solar system, and what effects it would have, different ways it could pass, different objects that could pass through......love to be part of that thread! Speculation on things like that can be a lot of fun. As long as it's noted in the OP that it is clearly nothing more than speculation and conjecture. A thread of intelligent discussion of a future possible event that could happen sometime between now and several billions of years from now.

Could a rogue planet pass through our solar system? Absolutely. Their are many, many of them out there according to astronomers.
Is it going to happen this December?

I highly doubt it, as there is just no supporting evidence for that happening this soon.

Could it happen in a couple of centuries from now?

Sure! There could be a small rocky planet (Just a little bigger than Earth or smaller) way out there and the solar system is in it's path, that due to it's size it just way too small for us to see right now.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Care to guess the year this photo of Jupiter was taken?
i319.photobucket.com...
Note that the south equatorial belt, which normally surrounds the great red spot, is missing.

Care to guess the year this photo of Saturn was taken?
i319.photobucket.com...
It shows a massive "great white spot" storm enveloping the planet
*Apologies on the color balance on that one. I know it's not perfect, I processed the raw Hubble data myself and I'm still trying to perfect my technique at combining the image data into a color image.

Since you don't seem able or willing to answer the questions, I'll tell you the answers. 1973 and 1990 are the years those photos were taken, respectively. In fact, Jupiter has lost its southern equatorial belt 17 times in a little over a hundred years, including in 1992-1993 as well. So please explain why everyone missed seeing "planet X" all those times it passed by us in the last hundred years...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Internal lense sun flare. They don't go away when you cover the sun, the mechanics of the camera simply don't work that way.

Also, on your last point, you're on ATS. "Deny Ignorance". If it can be debunked, it will be debunked, such as what has been done to the fantastical Planet X/Nibiru theory since 2003.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
Internal lense sun flare. They don't go away when you cover the sun, the mechanics of the camera simply don't work that way.

Well, if it were an internal lens flare, shouldn't it just reflect the single main source of light, the Sun - so why are there multiple points of light?

Also, on your last point, you're on ATS. "Deny Ignorance". If it can be debunked, it will be debunked, such as what has been done to the fantastical Planet X/Nibiru theory since 2003.

Yes, I'm quite aware of the ATS mantra, thanks - I think I have stated many times I welcome well-reasoned debate. Another mantra of ATS is "members should be able to disagree without being disagreeable", a goal in which many posts and posters fall woefully short on this thread, though not all.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join