It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EXCLUSIVE - Iranian hackers target Bank of America, JPMorgan, Citi Bank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

EXCLUSIVE - Iranian hackers target Bank of America, JPMorgan, Citi Bank

in.mobile.reuters.com

REUTERS - Iranian hackers have repeatedly attacked Bank of America Corp (BA.N), JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) and Citigroup Inc (C.N) over the past year, as part of a broad cyber campaign targeting the United States, according to people familiar with the situation.

The attacks, which began in late 2011 and escalated this year, have primarily been "denial of service" campaigns that disrupted the banks' websites and corporate networks by overwhelming them with incoming web traffic, said the source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I only have a mobile link sorry, on my iphone. But it is an interesting story. I have no sympathy for the banks whatsoever, lol.

Seems that the Iranian hackers know who the bad boys really are.

"Whether the hackers have been able to inflict more serious damage on computer networks or steal critical data is not yet known"

in.mobile.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
now they're blaming iran and accusing them of hacking websites.

bank of america, jp morgan and citi bank have screwed so many people over that there a tens of millions of people with motive to see them burn and suffer.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMindWar

...according to the sources, who requested anonymity as they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

The AP is a frickin joke.

Iran is now blamed for everything bad thats ever happened in the history of mankind.

Didnt Iran once fart in a crowded elevator?

So whos really attacking these sites?

edit on 21-9-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If it's true I'm rooting for them 100%. If OUR government refuses to act against these bilge-sucking, carrion-eating, treasonous asshats it's good to know at least SOMEONE is.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well now that is interesting and not terribly shocking. Iran has an advanced education system and really do have culture and technology, despite popular belief in the major media. lol....

Although I hope no one is suggesting this is grounds for doing something against them militarily. I've heard the Gov't say that cyber attacks could be grounds for war in the past and this would be absurd.

If Iran starts hacking our Nuclear plants and assembly lines..you know, real dangerous and insane stuff like that....then maybe they'd have crossed some lines. I mean, we'd know all about those lines, right? Things like Stuxnet are where the U.S. helped draw and then step right across them first,

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well..looks our Iranian friends are not THAT bad after all

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
So it's not Bush's fault this time?
what do you know Obama that your not telling us?
Like Obama can tell America the truth while moving his lips...
The so called Administration needs to worry about taking care of it's debt problem or we the people aren't going to give a damn about anybody else! Put that in your beer and drink it while your putting around on the golf courses...Tiger...oops... I mean Mr. O.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

...according to the sources, who requested anonymity as they were not authorized to discuss the matter.

Iran is now blamed for everything bad thats ever happened in the history of mankind.

Doesn't AP and Reuters trace back to the same banking dynasty? Just a passing thought...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Seems awfully convenient to blame Iran for this one.

Imagine how many gullible folks will get taken in by this one

Besides, how are "they" so sure it was Iran? Could have been launched from a botnet within Iran, with an owner of that botnet outside of Iran........

Listen.....Do you smell something?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

More power to em

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
This is a bit of a from left field type of idea...but...what if...

...this is the TPTB/MSM media's attempt at tying Anonymous to terrorism via use of similar "dos" attacks on websites and being linked to Iranian Hackers causing chaos within the American banking system?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It's too easy to falsify such an attack to blame a patsy or stooge - in this case Iran. Iran can't even secure it's own servers from intrusion from Israel/western powers which have infiltrated their networks to crash their infrastructure, even causing explosions in a water treatment plant, as well as at their alleged nuclear research center, but now, let's all follow the MSM "news" and blame Iran for super-high tech hacking of big banks. China and Russian crime groups are more likely the culprit and savvy enough to pass the attack through other countries networks to mask the attack's origins.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
How convenient, I can see where this might lead. The government and the banks know the economy can`t be salvaged and is going to crash, so they set Iran up as the fall guy so they have someone to blame and a convenient excuse to start a war with them.

When the economy crashes the banks will say " it`s not our fault it`s those evil iranians they hacked our computers and crashed the economy".
Then the government will say " yeah! it`s those evil iranians that crashed the economy and caused you to lose your job and your house and your retirement money and... this is an act of war we need to attack them now!"
and all the good little sheeple will forget about how the government and the banksters screwed them and they will wave their flags and listen to patriotic songs while living in new found poverty and cheering for our military to go kill the iranians.

They kill two giant birds with one stone.
They rob and screw the people while at the same time deflecting blame from themselves and they get those same people to back and support another bogus unjust war.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
You know I heard it was actually Iran that killed both Kennedy brothers AND made Paris Hilton a media darling!

It must be an election year with the way that hobgoblins are spotlighted... wait it is an election year and they're doing everything they can to show us that we "need" them.

Derek

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Interesting, this story is being picked up right across mainstream now. They may indeed blame Iran for this.

Remember the 1.4 Billion that JP Morgan said just "Vaporised"?!

Are they setting up Iran like the previous poster announced?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Let's hear from our Iranian members on ATS about the what's going on

oh that's right.... we won't be cause of the Monitoring, Control and Censorship of the net in Iran

You would think that would make it kind of hard to hack stuff then, huh?

(yeah yeah I know about anon-proxys etc so you techno-weenies and alpha-geeks can settle down and not get your pocket-protectors in a bunch)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
According to the source, its been going on since 2011.

I think the timing of the MSM getting and running the story is more interesting then the "news" itself.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

I say... we are. Given that the internet kill switch can be enacted once the government and country's infrastructure are under attack, would seem that this could be a first step. Once we have no internet, we have no information, no means of dissemination, and can not see stuff unfolding on a global level or report on things going down on a local level. Call it paranoid, but there's been a trend toward this building up for over a year or more now.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

How convenient. Iran hacks our business infrastructure right when CFR/Big Military/Big Oil want to kick in thier doors. More problem, reaction, solution.

A cyber-false flag to crash the already broken banking system?

They can easily blame this on CI(ran)A hackers. Not really iranians...but covert CIA sponsored hackers pretending to be iranian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join