It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims act of kindness while being robbed.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I live on an island where 95% of the population is Muslim, and I'm not. Well, let me tell you, my new neighbours are much more helpful than those I lived with before.
You see, Islam here has a principle called "musada", or "mutual help" (I don't know if there a specific arabic word for it). Being kind to others is a duty. Although I'm in the top 10% wealthiest people here, I've benefited from their help very often. They see you walk with heavy luggage, they'll offer you a ride. Once a kid stole my bike while I was waiing at the doctor's: passers-by caught him and brought him back and waited for the police with me. When we had food shortages and a shop was burnt and looted, some passers-by offered to share the food with me. I've seen a poor carpenter build and offer a crib to a rich family because their furniture was in transit, and he couldn't stand to see their kid sleeping on a mattress on the floor.
I wouldn't have believed it before I came to live here, and I'm pretty sure many people won't believe this, but it's just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Breizhoo

Indonesian Archipelago by chance?

Sounds like the beautiful souls I have met there in any case.

Wonderful story and certainly one that I could back-up in equal measure.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I dont think he was lying, I think he was doing what he had to do.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding.

what if the thief lied to get out of the situation ?

Then shame on him...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Wow what a cool story! Even if the robber lied it doesn't matter this is more about the goodness of the shop keeper. Good for him!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good, now all we have to do is get the other 2 billion, 999 million, 999 thousand, 999 hundred to act human!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the video. The store owner is an outstanding human being. All faiths have them.

I used to go into a convenience store run by guys from Afghanistan here in Toronto, when I worked at my old job. These guys were always fun and upbeat. They were great guys who never hesitated to float me credit if I forgot my ATM card at home. Good memories of them. All Muslims.

The problems in our world are not caused by the 99%.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
After the pyrrhic victory of getting the robber prostrate at gunpoint, $40 dollars is not the kind of largess that Allâh will necessarily be granting 'Go To Paradise Free' passes for.

[Arnie voice]
He'll be back!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Just wanted to post this video on ATS to remind people that not every muslim is an extremist. This store owner is getting robbed, he pulls out a gun, the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding. The muslim then gives him $40 and a loaf of bread, making him promise not to steal again.

Whereas the context of this story is rare, the kindness of this individual shouldn't be brushed aside. Its also worth noting that its not his religion that makes him a decent person, its his humanity. Some people on ATS should learn to seek to see the difference instead of just bashing muslims as a whole.
edit on 21-9-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

Oh well.... that's the way it goes.... Now, if muslims would just stop trying to take over the world, kill all the Jews and Christians, and live in peace with those who don't believe what they do, and stop rioting in the streets over cartoons and movies, I might (and I mean might ) buy into the good Samaritan muslim. But after all I've seen and heard... I don't think so.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I think Muslims are simply trying to stop their world from being taken over.

Remember it's our military that's in their countries.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

what if he was telling the truth? I think the shop owner did what he thought was right in his heart and did what he believed was the right thing, that is all that matters.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Just wanted to post this video on ATS to remind people that not every muslim is an extremist. This store owner is getting robbed, he pulls out a gun, the robber drops to his knee's and tells the muslim that he's broke and his family need feeding. The muslim then gives him $40 and a loaf of bread, making him promise not to steal again.

Whereas the context of this story is rare, the kindness of this individual shouldn't be brushed aside. Its also worth noting that its not his religion that makes him a decent person, its his humanity. Some people on ATS should learn to seek to see the difference instead of just bashing muslims as a whole.
edit on 21-9-2012 by SearchLightsInc because: (no reason given)

That's a successful AMERICAN Muslim. Had this happened in Iran or Saudi Arabia, I believe the man would've had his hands chopped off or something of the sort. Nobody bashes Muslims as a whole; only the ignorant and violent ones who want to kill or maim in the name of their "peaceful" god.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

no, the right thing to do would have been to call the police and let the thief get arrested. so the thief could explain to a judge, why he did not go to a social assistance office. what was he thinking ?

In what world is THAT a better option? When we let the law make us do what is right or pay the price, we spit in the face of free will and choice. Honestly, good or bad, I think laws are bad for our souls. People should choose the right path, bit because "if I don't, i'll go to prison", but because it is the right thing to do. The guy gave the robber essentially a "do-over" with which he could choose to continue down a negative path, or take a positive one. Had he been arrested, his family would have been worse off. Dad in prison, fines, etc. A nice start to a downward spiral where mom, dad, and kids are suddenly given a much higher probability of ending up as junkies, thiefs, or back-alley hookers.

Why this event was NOt better than calling the police, I cannot understand.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i am just amazed at the shifting standards here when it comes to judge anything.
If a muslim man does something bad-he is muslim.
If a muslim man does something good-he is a human.
Has ever anyone considered that maybe islam teaches good behaviour?
N not just chopping hands and stoning to death? For any petty crime?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
It will be a matter of time before most of you will come to the realization that you are much more than just a human being, in fact that we are ONE and the SAME. We are the creator of all that ever existed (illusory reality existence) we are also experiencing being the created, we are the observer as well as the observed.

We have created this life of duality, the lesson and the game play was to experience life in lack and in total self limitation, we have created all the other selves in this illusory reality as a hint and as a constant reminder that what we 'see' IS NOT REAL. We are the same ONE divine consciousness manifested itself in infinite separates fractal selves to hide this fact and so we are in a game to find out our true identity.

If you allow yourself to accept and acknowledge the above statement, soon you will come to your own realization and conclusion of how illusory life really is, if you google 'holographic universe/reality', you will come to the understanding of how our world actually is constructed, you'll learn how our mind translate all the vibrational frequencies into seemingly 'solid objects'.

We are all MIND and we are in ONE HELL OF A MIND GAME ever devised by ourselves for our own amuzement.

Peace

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixPm
It will be a matter of time before most of you will come to the realization that you are much more than just a human being, in fact that we are ONE and the SAME. We are the creator of all that ever existed (illusory reality existence) we are also experiencing being the created, we are the observer as well as the observed.

We have created this life of duality, the lesson and the game play was to experience life in lack and in total self limitation, we have created all the other selves in this illusory reality as a hint and as a constant reminder that what we 'see' IS NOT REAL. We are the same ONE divine consciousness manifested itself in infinite separates fractal selves to hide this fact and so we are in a game to find out our true identity.

If you allow yourself to accept and acknowledge the above statement, soon you will come to your own realization and conclusion of how illusory life really is, if you google 'holographic universe/reality', you will come to the understanding of how our world actually is constructed, you'll learn how our mind translate all the vibrational frequencies into seemingly 'solid objects'.

We are all MIND and we are in ONE HELL OF A MIND GAME ever devised by ourselves for our own amuzement.

Peace

I like the idea you put, i personally subscribe to it.
But what i'l like to add is the solid world cant be ignored and being good to each other is essential.
"if i recognise the me in you, it would be imperative to acknowledge that we are a part of a higher whole"

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Great heartwarming story. But, I have to say this. This man was being a decent human being. Being Muslim, Christian or whatever doesn't matter. Being a good caring person does. There are good and bad people in every religion.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
"if i recognise the me in you, it would be imperative to acknowledge that we are a part of a higher whole"

Couldn't agree more, yes indeed we are all from the ONE same divine consciousness.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This isn't a Muslim act of kindness. This is a human act of kindness. 15-20% of Muslims are radical so that is millions and millions (and that is being generous) so whatever. I'm not fooled.

edit on 23-9-2012 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

good to know that you are not fooled. Although its tough to not get affected by MSM stuffing junk 24*7
star 4 u

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join