It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A relationship guide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I found this chart I made a while back on my computer and thought I would share it with you all.

There is a lot to it. For you, the individual on the left, it shows how thinking in terms of cause-and-effect can result in healthy decisions, as well as learning from your past experiences. Self-sufficiency allows you more freedom, as you are not controlled by those providing you with resources.

In addition, there is vision, the other side of the coin - as opposed to experience, it deals with the future. What are your goals? Your plans?

Then, there is your partner, with many of the same traits as you - but the relationship is a whole new entity created where you two overlap. A healthy relationship would maintain individuality while still existing as a greater force than each individual could achieve by his or herself, and provide each person with a sense of belonging and companionship.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If you need a guide, you don't have a relationship!

You might be WITH someone, but that is not a relationship.....

In a relationship, like mine with my wife, I know what makes her happy when I say it.....She knows what makes me happy when I am down.......We know how to comfort each other in any situation......

I never read a book or guide on how to do that.....It's called passion / love and caring, as long as you have that.....You will be fine in a relationship...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Ha thanks for your advice, it is helpful.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yes you are correct, on the point that a relationship is great on the point of keep each others individuality. It certainly is beneficial if both parties are in a friend kind of relationship. Then individuality is well accepted, this is why it is necessary to become friends with your lover. Instead of just categorizing your lover, as just your lover. A relationship or love in that matter has to through co-operation and a dialogue. A very harmonious dialogue at that.

top topics

join