It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Releases Tax Returns...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by Kharron

no, what he's saying is that Romney hired a firm that knows the tax laws and, with that knowledge, his finances are structured to provide the greatest return with the smallest tax consequence. It's called tax planning and each person's tax structure will be different. I've had clients come to me, after doing their own taxes for years, and the first thing we do is look at how they prepared their returns and see where they might have screwed up. Happens all the time. People who are not familiar with the tax laws, and don't prepare returns on a regular basis, won't spot ways to save money, legally, like a tax preparer will.

HR Block, for the record, doesn't count here because, more often than not, they're worse than self-prepared returns.

While I will respect much of what you have said, Romney is dirty, they have money hidden overseas, they have money claimed as dividends that was ordinary income, etc. Bain and Romney have stretched the tax laws of this country as far as they can be stretch, but are under investigation in NY (Investigation will be bought off). Bottom line Romney has screwed the country and now he wants to lead it. Patriot my backside.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by twoandthree
The fact that few Americans understand the Capital Gains tax is disturbing. There are books and videos... even PBS shows that tell Americans how to wisely invest their money. Capital Gains is a different type of "income" and is taxed differently. In fact, there is great debate as to whether investment dividends and earnings should fall into the "income" category because it's investment money that fuels American businesses' operations and capital growth. Even more so, because Capital Gains tax is a tax on monies that have already been subjected to Personal Income Tax. In the bigger economic picture, capital gains tax is an unfair tax that inhibits economic growth. But that's not even the point here...

I wish I had over $4 million to give to charity, while also paying exactly what the federal income tax laws asked me to pay. That is such a great thing to do.

Is Romney's generosity something to make a scandal? That's what the MSM is doing. The Obama campaign has spun Romney's generosity as a though it were a crime and liability to be successful and charitable. Obama certainly doesn't donate his "fair share." But these two rivals have paid exactly what the government demanded of them pursuant to the current tax code.

If people hate the tax code, then change the tax code. If people hate a man for donating millions of dollars away that he could've kept in the bank, then they need to wake up and see that charitable giving has always been more effectively used than any monies ever given to the federal government.

I don't make their levels of income, but I pay more than a healthy proportion of my income toward charitable giving because non-profits tend to be the slim overhead shops run by people living meagerly just so they can accomplish real change and improvements in individuals' lives -- something the federal government has never done and will never be able to do without gross inefficiency and waste, and callous disregard for human life.

The MSM news story should be: WOW... look at how proportionally more generous Romney is than the incumbent.

Obama is lifetime community organizer and government hand-out mooch who only knows how to rile people up on distraction issues while he spends taxpayers money on his pet projects and golf. But no, Obama is still a previous media God that is above reproach.
edit on 23-9-2012 by twoandthree because: capital gains is not the same rate as regular personal income tax.

If I took a whole bunch of cash and donated it to an organization that has discriminated against women and african americans, I am going to assume you wouldn't have a problem, I am also going to assume you are a bigot.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

If Romney created jobs in this country, I think he should only pay fifteen percent taxes. He exported a lot of jobs in his past, he should pay more. Is it right that people who have capital gains and don't create jobs should get cheap tax rates on investments? If the investments create American jobs, starting businesses that create jobs for the people who want to work than I say yes. What the laws allow for tax breaks should be examined. If the breaks are for building or starting a business to employ citizens, then yes. Not a deduction for supporting some business that is a tax shelter. If a person supplied many jobs for people in his past, he should also receive a little tax break as long as they didn't export the jobs in the end.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BubbaJoe

You really need to come to grips that not everyone on the planet is a racist, unless you happen to be a racist and are pushing your secret hatred upon everyone else. "Illegal" is not a race, nor is "fraud".

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I figured he would release them..and said so....to all the hoots and hollering about Romney hiding things. He wasn't even the official candidate yet then. Not until Tampa closed out...and Clinton didn't even release most of his until '96 and his re-election for a more recently example in normal times. I wonder if they'll be any surprises?

SURPRISE

You were wrong and this thread title is a lie.
He still has not released them.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by BritofTexas

pfft i can beat that

See that? Born in KENYA

edit on 21-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

Romney must really have some huge dirt to hide if everytime anyone tries to look into him, some Romney operative comes along and shouts "Stop looking at Romney, Obama is still a foreign Muslim!!!"

This thread aint about Obama no matter how much you all cry.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Important to Republicans
The thought that 47% of Americans are leeches, suckling off the teat of the successful.
Not at all important to Republicans
Just how much Romney is also one of those leeches that are so important to hate right now.

And Romney lied about releasing his tax returns.
I have yet to see these returns anywhere in this thread. No link to them, nothing.
And people keep trying to deflect from this topic to Obama being Kenyan.

Politics is no longer just two parties. There is also a side that has a thought now and then and a side that never does.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by Zarniwoop

He gave over 4 ,000,000 to charities in 2011! He has also released a summary of his taxes
from 1990-2010! Now, go on, find fault with that as well!!

Obama hasn't released a damn thing!!

The main charity he contributed to is a cult.
Find something good about that?
You are still waiting for Obama's tax returns?
He has released 12 years of tax returns.

So now you are lying too?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Are you talking about the birth certificate that was proved fraudulent?

I really want to know which one you are talking about because the one I have seen has yet to be "proven fraudulent" but I am not going to let this be a birther thread. PM me with the details because I am pretty sure that aside from trying super hard to distract from Romney, you are also trying to lie about Obama.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
The source also has some pdf's of the returns.

No it doesn't.

Are you trying to be deceptive or did you not even check your link?
It has one and one only.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If he has nothing to hide...

Why is he trying so hard to hide it?

Damn those birther arguments!

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I only payed 15% last year but got all of that covered due to my kid and filing as head of house hold, as well as earned income credit. Owed about $900 but got a check for $1300. I only made $6000 the whole year. I don't like Romney but shouldn't people be more mad at me then Romney?

I mean. I played the loopholes and got back more than I owed. This year I will owe around 30% thanks to the Fed Gov sending my student loans to collections. My fault? Obama' fault?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

He is only releasing one year I think. That isn't good enough. I want to see some returns from a time before he was considering running if president. His father George Romney set the presedence by being the first presidential candidate to release his taxes, and he released like 12 years. Romney has something to hide.

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

If you put a gun to my head and said pick there is no way I could pick Romney.
He is by far the worst of the two. I am not voting for either of them, but anyone voting for Romney is a damn fool. I will take the four years of the devil I know, over the 8 years of the devil I don't. Romney will run us into the ground with multiple wars, at least (and this is the only good thing I have seen from Obama) Obama isn't sucking up to Israel and has been putting them off. That gives him the point over Romney. Not to mention Romney is a total idiot and out of touch with Americans.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
I only payed 15% last year but got all of that covered due to my kid and filing as head of house hold, as well as earned income credit. Owed about $900 but got a check for $1300. I only made $6000 the whole year. I don't like Romney but shouldn't people be more mad at me then Romney?

I mean. I played the loopholes and got back more than I owed. This year I will owe around 30% thanks to the Fed Gov sending my student loans to collections. My fault? Obama' fault?

Then you are a mooch who does not take responsibility for your life according to Romney. You are not rich enough to pull the same stunt and just be savvy.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Now, it's time for Obama to release his school admission records...unless, of course, he has something to hide.

How about you release your school admission records... of course you cannot, as you do not have them. Neither does Obama!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

He also paid more in taxes than you will probably ever make.
I seen "poor/middle class" people get a refund for more then they paid in taxes, where is the out cry?
The fact is Romney released his tax records, yet Obama is still hiding everything.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

I got my electronics background as a Sonar Technician in the U.S. Navy. I have my DD-214, along with my entire service record (that which isn't classified). In fact, I had to supply several pieces of documentation to a former employer. My son is attending college, and all of his records are maintained by the school. If he asked for them, they'd provide it. You're telling a "half-truth" with your asinine statement, which is he doesn't have them. No, he doesn't. The school does. So, he can simply ask for them to be released. Unless, of course, there's something in there worth spending over a million dollars to keep sealed.

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Romney supporters demand anything and everything from the other guy they can think of listing.

He refuses to release his tax returns but says that he did and they are all happy with Romney, even pushing his lie for him that he did, even though he still has not.

Anyone able to tell me what that says about Romney supporters?

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GunzCoty
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

He also paid more in taxes than you will probably ever make.

Gosh then why should you even have to pay any?

You know Romney has used up a lot more resources than someone like me ever will as well, right?
Why should he get more from the government than me if I put more of my money into it than he does?

I seen "poor/middle class" people get a refund for more then they paid in taxes, where is the out cry?
The fact is Romney released his tax records, yet Obama is still hiding everything.

Yeah, poor people should pay more money they do not have while rich people should always get to keep more.

ROMNEY NEVER RELEASED HIS TAX RETURNS AND YOU ARE LOOKING FOR OBAMA'S FINGERPAINTINGS?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join