It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Releases Tax Returns...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It truly amazes me that people are criticizing Romney for the millions he gave to charity and nitpicking over how many million he gave to charity.
PEOPLE, WAKE UP. Look at what stingy Joe Biden gave OVER 10 YEARS:

When the Obama campaign released past tax returns for Biden in 2008, it was revealed that the Bidens donated just $3,690 to charity over 10 years — an average of $369 a year. Read more: www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

Joe Biden- $369 A YEAR for 10 years! I give more than that in a month, and I make nowhere what Joe makes. Get real people.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
It truly amazes me that people are criticizing Romney for the millions he gave to charity and nitpicking over how many million he gave to charity.
PEOPLE, WAKE UP. Look at what stingy Joe Biden gave OVER 10 YEARS:

When the Obama campaign released past tax returns for Biden in 2008, it was revealed that the Bidens donated just $3,690 to charity over 10 years — an average of $369 a year. Read more: www.politico.com...

www.politico.com...

Joe Biden- $369 A YEAR for 10 years! I give more than that in a month, and I make nowhere what Joe makes. Get real people.

Haven't read the article, but politico is reasonably reliable. I have given more than that, and that is on 18K per year, hell most of us have, in just little contributions here and there, that is seriously deplorable.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Romney is required to give 10% of his earnings as a tithing to the LDS church. Don’t try and paint that tithing as a generous heartfelt non-profit donation to the needy American people because it is anything but. LDS uses its non-profit status to make (B)illions of dollars every year from the donations of its members.

How the Mormons Make Money

• Here are a few major takeaways:

• According to Bloomberg, the LDS Church has not made its financial holdings public since the 1960s and offers “little financial transparency” to its members who are “not provided with any financial accounting” of the use of their donations.
• Current LDS Church worth is estimated at $40 billion, with an estimated $8 billion in tithing receipts annually.
• LDS Church for-profit holdings include media, hospitality, and insurance companies; malls, office parks, residential real estate, and tourist resorts; and citrus, sod, timber, and cattle operations in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Mexico, Argentina, and Brazil.
• As a religious organization, the LDS Church is exempt from paying taxes on leased real estate properties and donated stock holdings.
• The LDS Church gives an estimated $52 million annually in humanitarian relief, about .7% of its annual income. Bloomberg notes by comparison that the United Methodist Church gives about 29% of its annual income to charitable relief.
• LDS Church for-profit holdings are run as competitive businesses. According to the Bloomberg report, religious considerations do not drive day-to-day decision-making.

The money given to LDS in tithing (since it is considered a non-profit) is being used to offset taxes due. This money is not going to help the needy, it is not going to our government to help pay our national debt, it’s going to the LDS church which is nothing more than a highly organized cult that wants to put its members in positions of power to advance its own agendas.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I've said it all along. I'd like to see them as well. I'd also like to see Obama's school records. I think it's fair to see both. Do you?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Let's not forget the fact as we once again revisit this issue that Romney gave the McCain team 23 years worth of tax returns... and McCain ended up picking Governor Palin over him to run as his VP.

And this was just 4 years ago. In the middle of a huge crisis (whether people want to remember or not. I know a large amount of people like to blame Obama for all of our problems) with our economy and the housing market and jobs starting to dip into unsatisfactory levels.
McCain: Palin was 'better candidate' than Romney

So, let me see if I have this straight. He will give McCain 23 years worth... but we the American people are the ones doing the hiring this time around and he will only release a summary of a couple years? Maybe he's worried that he won't get the job this time around once again.

What a sweetheart Romney is... he actually gave MORE than he needed to! Oh boy, gotta love lil ol' MIttens.
Mitt Romney Paid More Taxes Than Required, Raising Rate to 14.1 Percent

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RancorXXX

Do you think that Romney's taxes prior to 2009 wouldn't have been prepared in preparation for his run for the presidency? After all Romney did run for the GOP nod in 2008. Do you think he would have been caught with his pants down then or something?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by skycowboy
reply to post by buster2010

Aaanndddd,,, he still isn't (in the job creating market)

He's created far more jobs than Romney since taking the oval office.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

America may not be for you. Sweden or Russia could help you out. Just because some one has a lot of money ... doesn't mean youre entitled to a single penny. He is paid what some one is willing to pay him.

You get taxed 15% of your forty-four thousand? Aww, that's sad.

I think every single living person who isnt in poverty should pay a flat 20% of their income.
edit on 22-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

I never understood why this was that big of a deal? Of course his CPA's will get him the best tax rate they can, thats their job.
reply to post by Juggernog

Well said. Show me the person that wants to pay more than they have to, according to the tax laws, and I'll show you a liar.

Of course, but show me about three million Americans that think everyone should pay the same and I'll show you a country.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by randomname

I think every single living person who isnt in poverty should pay a flat 20% of their income.
edit on 22-9-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Then that 20% would actually mean 40%. You get 20% right out of your paycheck, then go to the store and buy products where the owner hiked the price so that you pay HIS 20%.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
wow, he gets to keep 85.9% percent of his pay.

what a lucky, privileged guy.

most of us are lucky to keep 65% of the average american income of $44,000 and change.

and poor mitt and his buddies have to get by only keeping 85% of $14 million.

how can there be a middle class if they're taxed to the poor house.
edit on 21-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Don't hate the player.... hate the game. He hasn't done anything illegal, and his annual tax liability of 14% is more taxes than most of us will pay in our lifetime.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

He only released since 2010. Why won't he release from 2000? What is he hiding?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
This tax release doesn't mean crap.

In my opinion, his tax rate is not the issue. If he's in a position in life where his only tax burdens are investments, good for him. I wish I can have a tax burden of 14%.

The biggest pressing issue regarding his taxes is not the percentage he is paying, it is whether or not he's got money hidden in off shore accounts. It's really as simple as that.

I don't think he can disprove the off shore allegations and that is why he only provides a summary for his taxes prior to 2010.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Are you talking about the birth certificate that was proved fraudulent?
How about his college transcripts? How about the truth about his reltiomship
with a known Communist? The man he admits to calling his "father figure" in his autobiography,
Dreams from my father!!

So you see, I am not the ignorant one, you seem to be , buy supporting a man whose number one goal
is to see the United States of America, fall!

Pax

Before I go into this...please understand I am not voting for either of these turds...but I wanted to point out your flaws here....Faux news...is not news...pressed into a corner...they admitted they are not news...they are Op/ed for the right wing sheep...just like msnbc and the others are op/ed for the liberals. There is nothing wrong with his birth certificate. Rupert Murdock could not stand that a 'black" man was in the "white house" so he turned his propaganda machine loose....it really is nothing more than that.

If you believe anything that you hear in mainstream media has merit...well I got some ocean front property for sale in Arizona...I'll make you a good deal on it.

I do not agree with Obama for several reasons. I have pointed them out several times on these boards. Do I hate him? No. He is doing what any human being would do in that position....he's trying to do what HE thinks is best....is it best?....Nope.

R-money is also a fail. He is so out of touch with you and me he has no clue....(well I am assuming you make less than 250,000 a year).

Robo-Romney said he would release these returns...it's not a big deal. The timing of the release was actually brilliant on his team's part...he was in a sh!tstorm over the 47% comment and this was a perfect way to draw the attention away. You have to understand...the modern American attention span is about 2-3 days...at most (I am being serious here). Something new draws their attention and the totally disregard what happened before. It is a sad statement about us but a useful tool in this situation.

I gave them accolades. it was a damn clever move. As I stated earlier, it was the equivalent of someone shouting"squirrel" in a room full of dogs. The attention has been shifted and he might be just fine.

Please don't hate the fact that I do not like either of them. I find neither worthy of our trust or dedication. I wil follow my heart on election day even though thousands have told me I am wasting my vote....my vote is my voice and I refuse to give songs of praise to either of these turds.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Source -Yahoo

Romney aides on Friday said the Republican presidential nominee would give the public a look at his finished tax forms. Ahead of their release, expected at 3 p.m., aides said Romney earned almost $13.7 million last year and paid more than $1.9 million in taxes — an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent.

Okay, so he's releasing them. Now, it's time for Obama to release his school admission records...unless, of course, he has something to hide.

UM...let's be straight and honest here or if you prefer Fair and Balance. Willard released his 2011 taxes...He knew more that 2 years ago he would run. I want to see the last 10...yes 10 years just like McCain when he dropped him faster then a shoe tap in men's bathroom! In favor of the pitbull in lipstick...That should send up RED FLAGS to anyone smart enough to see through the BS!
edit on 22-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Said it a hundred times now. I don't have a problem with you wanting his tax records from 2000. I do too. Now, let's change a couple things around in your statement and see how "fair and balanced" you really are.

UM...let's be straight and honest here or if you prefer Fair and Balance. Hussein released his photoshopped birth certificate...He knew more that 6 years ago he would run, yet it took him 3 years into his term to release a layered PDF file? I want to see his school admission records, because I believe he committed fraud and applied for grants as a foreign born student. That should send up RED FLAGS to anyone smart enough to see through the BS!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
reply to post by abeverage

Said it a hundred times now. I don't have a problem with you wanting his tax records from 2000. I do too. Now, let's change a couple things around in your statement and see how "fair and balanced" you really are.

UM...let's be straight and honest here or if you prefer Fair and Balance. Hussein released his photoshopped birth certificate...He knew more that 6 years ago he would run, yet it took him 3 years into his term to release a layered PDF file? I want to see his school admission records, because I believe he committed fraud and applied for grants as a foreign born student. That should send up RED FLAGS to anyone smart enough to see through the BS!

I am not a birther nor do I believe this theory.
www.snopes.com...
Birth certs are public domain and be accessed by anyone. Taxes are not. I would rather see something than nothing at all.

This is a distraction and a null issue after 4 years. It is setup as a trap argument to create division where there is none and I will not argue this. No amount of data will satisfy or change this argument if released statements (falsified of course) they still will not satisfy this so called theory, nothing will, so this is a moot argument and therefor a complete distraction.

Stay on the topic of the post which was (Willard) "Romney Releases Tax Returns..."
edit on 22-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I never understood why this was that big of a deal? Of course his CPA's will get him the best tax rate they can, thats their job.

So according to that logic, if all of us hired his CPA he could find a way for all of us to pay ~14% tax rate?

Doesn't sound so true any more does it? Bottom line is loopholes exist for the rich but they don't for the poor. The rich can hire CPAs that can exploit the loopholes, while the poor have to pay their share no matter what -- and that share is higher than it is for the wealthy or the corporations.

And if Romney and his cronies have their way (and Obama and his cronies are the same, in fact they're all the same cronies) there will only be more loopholes for the rich, while the poor will still have no representation.

Khar

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

no, what he's saying is that Romney hired a firm that knows the tax laws and, with that knowledge, his finances are structured to provide the greatest return with the smallest tax consequence. It's called tax planning and each person's tax structure will be different. I've had clients come to me, after doing their own taxes for years, and the first thing we do is look at how they prepared their returns and see where they might have screwed up. Happens all the time. People who are not familiar with the tax laws, and don't prepare returns on a regular basis, won't spot ways to save money, legally, like a tax preparer will.

HR Block, for the record, doesn't count here because, more often than not, they're worse than self-prepared returns.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks, taxes are admittedly not my strong point, but if I get what you're saying then if I pay more money to a better CPA that will know what to do and plan my taxes ahead I could pay 14% instead of 30%+?

And this will apply to all Americans, regardless of income bracket?

edit: And I know you were speaking in general terms, but personally I use a private CPA that my family has been working with for almost two decades now. He handles all of our businesses, personal taxes etc... and does an exemplary job... as far as I know.
Regardless, I cannot pay any less than what I am now.

However, if I were making more money there would be ways to pay less money... and that is what I feel is wrong and broken.
edit on 22-9-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join