It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Releases Tax Returns...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

It just Boggles me how people here think they are cracking a Huge Conspiracy, The Birther Con...

It would be a GOP Slam Dunk Victory, if this was true, NOT A PEEP from them.

You Go You Keyboard Detectives.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
The tax returns are irrelevant. If anything, more proof he is a better choice than BO.....

We need a successful businessman in charge of the US, not a "community organizer".

This is class warfare at its' finest folks.

Romney is obviously, with anybody with HALF a brain, a better choice than BO.

Do they serve the same master? Maybe. But I'll take my strong hand, any day, over my weak.

A man born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and that somehow proves him a better choice. His politics are wrong, his religion is wrong, and his idea of making America stronger by hiding money and jobs offshore is wrong.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

because he doesn't have any foreign accounts that he has control over. He can have money invested in foreign companies and other financial vehicles but he only checks the box if he has control over the accounts, or businesses.

If you'll look at schedule E you'll see a blind trust. These are set up to avoid conflict of interest situations. Cramer, that arrogant windbag on msnbc, got busted holding investments he was promoting and bashing so now he has everything in a "blind" trust which, technically, he's not supposed to have any control over. If Willie had foreign accounts, they're probably under the auspices of the blind trust or some other vehicle that he cannot control and, perhaps, doesn't pass thru to him for tax purposes.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by xuenchen

because he doesn't have any foreign accounts that he has control over. He can have money invested in foreign companies and other financial vehicles but he only checks the box if he has control over the accounts, or businesses.

If you'll look at schedule E you'll see a blind trust. These are set up to avoid conflict of interest situations. Cramer, that arrogant windbag on msnbc, got busted holding investments he was promoting and bashing so now he has everything in a "blind" trust which, technically, he's not supposed to have any control over. If Willie had foreign accounts, they're probably under the auspices of the blind trust or some other vehicle that he cannot control and, perhaps, doesn't pass thru to him for tax purposes.

Like I said, I do taxes for a living, not a CPA but work for them, based on what I saw in the deep documents, Mittens has much more invested overseas than what he does here. Yeah, and probably in his trust, but honestly, if I was getting ready to run for president, I think I would have closed up my foreign holdings.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
To the letter of the law, this is probably technically correct. Im sure a junior tax accountant would be able to work out the details to that %.

the trick here is, the wealth and money these people have open to them, without actually 'owning' it is immense and yet undocumented.

This mans tax return is about as relevant as Obama's birth certificate they are useless because all they do is make us bicker amongst each other over a non issue. If Romaneys been tapped as 'the guy', then he's going to get it no matter what happens and no matter what phony document is released.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
One made lots of $$ creating jobs, that made him a whole lots more $$$ ( wish I could do that) One was a "community organizer" suking off all that every working person misses from their PAYCHECK !!! am I missing something ?!?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
What? You think Mittens of the Majikal Underpants makes his money on a W-2 or 1099? Get a clue. The uber-rich make their money through interest, capital gains and such. Why do you think these people (on both sides) want to eliminate capital gains and estate taxes? That's where THEY make their income. Duh!

So, he's paying 15% tax on the profit he made off of money he invested, which was already taxed at some point? Or, did he just print the money in the beginning? Or, did someone else make it?

As for charity: MotMU is required by his church to tithe 10% of his gross earnings. Not a choice.

So, the other 20% to charity doesn't count? And, besides, it's HIS money, and he can give it to his church, to the United Way, or burn it. I'd be willing to bet he's given more (percentage wise) to his church than you've given in total. Not to mention, I'd like to see if Obama gave 30%+ to charity.

And get an accountant? Easily said if you're making enough money to offset the cost of having attorneys and accountants structure the necessary trusts and then manage your money accordingly. But until/unless they start paying tax & estate attorneys and CPAs on a sliding scale based upon the client's income that is an inane statement. You think MotMU banks in Switzerland and Grand Cayman cause he likes watches and conch salad? Come on man. The system is and has been rigged BY the elite FOR the elite. Makes no difference which party is in power. THEY are the elite --- or in the very least their pimps.

Of course it's rigged for the elite. When you pay the band, you get to choose the music. Do you really think those that have the desire, know how, and intestinal fortitude to succeed should let the bums run the country? That's funny!

Originally posted by MrWendal
I would love to get an accountant and find all the loopholes, but unfortunately I can not afford one of those high dollar accountants. If you think the schmoes at H&R Block are going out of their way to find me loopholes, your insane!

Judging by your location, you can find a school HERE that you could surely attend and get the education you seek, so that you can learn all the loopholes. I'm sure one of the colleges around there has an accounting class. Sorry, but i don't feel bad that you use H&R Block. Try finding a better accountant.

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist
The accountant Romney pays for isn't even in the same paygrade as one I could afford....the cost of the accountant alone would offset any money I would save.

As I said to MrWenda above, you can always go to school and learn it yourself.

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
It just Boggles me how people here think they are cracking a Huge Conspiracy, The Birther Con...

It would be a GOP Slam Dunk Victory, if this was true, NOT A PEEP from them.

You Go You Keyboard Detectives.

It's pretty hard to solve any conspiracy or mystery when everything is sealed. It's a pity Obama is hiding something in his school records that he doesn't want anyone to know about. Maybe that's why he was so happy to sign NDAA. Simply label anyone who disagrees with him as a "terrorist".

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by Zarniwoop

He gave over 4 ,000,000 to charities in 2011! He has also released a summary of his taxes
from 1990-2010! Now, go on, find fault with that as well!!

Obama hasn't released a damn thing!!

This is not his tax returns just a summary there is a difference. A summary is not an actual return. And Obama has released his taxes.
President Obama and Vice President Biden: 12 Years of Tax Returns These are actual returns not a "summary".

A question though why does someone who doesn't work for a living have to get a extension on his tax returns?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by skycowboy
One made lots of $$ creating jobs, that made him a whole lots more $$$ ( wish I could do that) One was a "community organizer" suking off all that every working person misses from their PAYCHECK !!! am I missing something ?!?

Yes he made a lot of money creating jobs. But those jobs were in China.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

really ? all of them ? and how many has community organizer created,,, other than a'corn ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaiker
reply to post by randomname

Wow he paid 2 million in taxes in one year. That's more than you will pay your entire life he must be a true patriot!!

Part of his wealth came from inheritance and the other came from outsourcing jobs and screwing over American workers not to mention the 10 million he made on the wall street bailout. Yeah he's a real patriot.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Mittens did not get convicted of a crime with his offshore accounts. So he did not break the law. And Mittens will never release his 2009 taxes, never.
Again Mittens did not get convicted of a felony for avoiding taxes.
But, ask if he was caught hiding money off shore ?
Better yet, ask Mittens if he took advantage of an amnesty program that was made available in 2009 ?
Taking advandage of an amnesty program would prevent a trail, conviction and a felony charge, but would require ammending his 2009 return and paying the taxes avoided.
No conviction, no taxreturn from 2009 , no discussion and no questions answered.
NOW PROVE MITTENS DID NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AMNESTY IN 2009 WITHOUT HIS TAX RETURN .

Makes you wonder why he didn't offer 3 or 4 years taxes ?
2009 , number 9, number 9, number 9..........

www.vernonjacobs.com...
edit on 21-9-2012 by OLD HIPPY DUDE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by skycowboy

really ? all of them ? and how many has community organizer created,,, other than a'corn ?

Obama wasn't in the job creating market like Romney claimed to have been.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Nobody cares about his 2011 tax returns. It's not like he didn't know they would be released when he prepared them.

What we want to see are his tax returns for 2009.

www.slate.com...

When attempting to engage in baseless speculation over what it is that's in Mitt Romney's tax statements that's so embarassing he'd rather take the heat for non-disclosure, I think it's important to remember that he was actively running for president in 2007 and 2008. That means it's relatively unlike he was doing anything during those years that he thought couldn't withstand scrutiny. So why not release a nice even five years of tax data? Perhaps because of something that happened in 2009.

Something like this:

Wealthy U.S. taxpayers, concerned about an Internal Revenue Service crackdown on the use of secret overseas bank accounts as tax havens, are rushing to meet a Thursday deadline to disclose those accounts or face possible criminal prosecution. The concern was triggered this summer when Switzerland's largest bank, caught up in an international tax evasion dispute, said it would disclose the names of more than 4,000 of its U.S. account holders.
The decision shattered a long-held belief that Swiss banks would guard the identities of its American customers as carefully as they did their money, and it raised concern that other international tax havens might be next. Under an amnesty program, the IRS is allowing taxpayers to avoid prosecution for having failed to report their overseas accounts. As a result, tax attorneys across the nation have been besieged by wealthy clients who are lining up to apply even though they will still face big financial penalties.

So, how about let's see 2009 tax returns? I wonder what it is that he doesn't want us to see? I just wonder.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Mittens did not get convicted of a crime with his offshore accounts. So he did not break the law. And Mittens will never release his 2009 taxes, never.
Again Mittens did not get convicted of a felony for avoiding taxes.
But, ask if he was caught hiding money off shore ?
Better yet, ask Mittens if he took advantage of an amnesty program that was made available in 2009 ?
Taking advandage of an amnesty program would prevent a trail, conviction and a felony charge, but would require ammending his 2009 return and paying the taxes avoided.
No conviction, no taxreturn from 2009 , no discussion and no questions answered.
NOW PROVE MITTENS DID NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF AMNESTY IN 2009 WITHOUT HIS TAX RETURN .

Makes you wonder why he didn't offer 3 or 4 years taxes ?
2009 , number 9, number 9, number 9..........

Very good point. He is dirty, and what angers me more than anything, is for the republicans to put him forward for the nomination knowing this. McCain saw 10 years of Romney's tax returns in 2008, and chose even a worse running mate. Like I said before Romney is elitist scum. He doesn't think the laws that apply to everyone else apply to him.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Aaanndddd,,, he still isn't (in the job creating market)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
For the most part the report seems fair to me. But I thought it's worth pointing out that he gave nearly 30% in charity in 2011, and an average of 13.45% over 20 years,

So, if you take out the increase from this year which may or may not have been a political maneuver...

13.45 x 20 = 269

269 - 30 = 239

239/19 = 12.6

So, he's really giving a tad less in charity than numbers indicate on average. It's possible that in 2007-2010 he ramped up charitable giving some in preparation for this.

If he gave 20% per year during those 4...

239-80= 159

159/15 = 10.6%

Pure speculation, and not perfect math because of differences in income from year to year making some years weigh heavier on the average.

But, if I had to guess, Romney was closer to 10% giving to charity than 15 before entering politics.

Nitpicking a bit, obviously, but worth pointing out. I'd also like to see exactly where his donations are going. I don't value contributions to BYU and Harvard at the same level as donations that would find their way to lower income earners. Surely, there's a good amount to the Mormon church which is fair.

edit on 9/21/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
For the most part the report seems fair to me. But I thought it's worth pointing out that he gave nearly 30% in charity in 2011, and an average of 13.45% over 20 years,

So, if you take out the increase from this year which may or may not have been a political maneuver...

13.45 x 20 = 269

269 - 30 = 239

239/19 = 12.6

So, he's really giving a tad less in charity than numbers indicate on average. It's possible that in 2007-2010 he ramped up charitable giving some in preparation for this.

If he gave 20% per year during those 4...

239-80= 159

159/15 = 10.6%

Pure speculation, and not perfect math because of differences in income from year to year making some years weigh heavier on the average.

But, if I had to guess, Romney was closer to 10% giving to charity than 15 before entering politics.

Nitpicking a bit, obviously, but worth pointing out. I'd also like to see exactly where his donations are going. I don't value contributions to BYU and Harvard at the same level as donations that would find their way to lower income earners. Surely, there's a good amount to the Mormon church which is fair.

His charity of choice is however his church, which is racist and sexist. No axe to grind here, I am agnostic. Now we can talk about his 77000 dollar deduction for his dancing olympic horse. I own three of them, they cost me money every year, he sets his up as a biz and writes it off. The elite asshat needs to take responsibilty and pay the bills most Americans do, hell he probably has hit light and gas bills written off. Mitt Romney is dirty, he doesn't give a flying rat's behind about any common American, he wants to be Prez because it will look good on his resume.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is what most common Americans need to know. We all have hobbies, whether it is race cars, horses, dogs, etc. Herein lie the problem, while all of us pay those bills, and have no chance of deducting them from our taxes. People like Mitt Romney deduct everything. If any of you making less than 100K a year think this guy is on your side, you are so fooled. He is a rich, elitist, born with a silver spoon in his mouth, asshat. His wife is no better, she thinks she is better than everyone else, and yes she grew up very privilidged as well. Seriously it is killing me to see people that the Romney's want to destroy, are supporting them. If you are a union member, disabled, on social security, or enjoy the benefits of medicare, Romney wants to end your life. For fellow veterans like myself, who enjoy healthcare under the VA, we are all screwed, but yet some of you continue to support him, please explain.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
There are two points that taint this release, first it took far too long to "prepare" the information. Second, they had to make the span 20 years to make it fit the model.
Maybe he's just a multi millionaire who wants to take a HUGE paycut and help bring back the middle class.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join