Romney Releases Tax Returns...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Fair enough. I don't like either one of them myself, but if you put a gun to my head and said "pick one", it's not going to be Obama. And, after NDAA, Fast & Furious, etc. etc., I feel like when I go into the voting booth, there will certainly be a proverbial gun to my head this time around.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Fair enough. I think he SHOULD release them, all the way back to his 18th birthday. I think ALL politicians should release any record that the public asks for. After all, they're supposed to be work for us, right? I'm with you, I would love to see all his tax records. However, I want to see Obama's school records and what he's hiding in there as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Yet you sport your Obama avatar. Okay, yeah, whatever.

As for you getting "ripped off", don't. I stand by what I said. Get an accountant.

Dude, it is an Obama puppet! Not Obama.....Get it right!! I hate the scum we have to pick from to represent our country....These dirty sleazebag ripoff artists all need kicked to the curb and let the PEOPLE pick the right candidate....

None of this you get 2 picks crap and TPTB pick those 2 for us......That is not a vote, that is either one will work for them.....

exactly its these people who by into the partisanship, that bang the drum for one of the two offered up choices that are the problem in America, we have the power to implement change, if these people would see beyond the Two party system.

Its all fake, the two choices are awful so why would you still vote for them?

Yet you have people on ATS who constantly snipe the other guy, and protect their guy, never seeing that both are two sides of the same coin, all designed to keep us fighting and not fixing anything.

How about this, we are all Americans, and our country is burning, how about we fix some of these problems together.

Starting by rounding up the traitors that sold us out, from the FED to wall street, to the Politicians.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
So the tax rate is mostly due to capital gains and it also give details of charitable donations.

Mr. Romney’s lawyer said on the campaign’s Web site that the candidate would release a letter later Friday from his tax advisers providing a summary of his tax liability for a 20-year period from 1990 to 2009. The campaign said the summary would show that Mr. Romney paid taxes every year during that period, that the lowest annual federal tax rate was 13.66 percent and that the Romneys gave an average of 13.45 percent of their income to charity during the period.

Mr. Romney, who made millions by running Bain Capital, a private equity firm, paid about 14.1 percent in taxes, the campaign said, primarily because most of his income was in the form of capital gains that are taxed at a lower rate than ordinary income.

thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

The returns will make no difference. People that already hate Romney will just use this as more 'fire' for their rage.

Confirmation Bias at it's best.
edit on 21-9-2012 by OneisOne because: typo!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

And the best part is they complain about it when they have to pay that much.

Go cry me a river.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I said in another thread that I would vote for the trained monkey in the new planet of the apes before I would vote for either of these 2 idiots!

Romney.......Born rich, never had a problem in life......I take that back, biggest problem was releasing freaking tax returns SHOWING him making 14 effing million dollars last year!! Not to mention the trillions he has in MULTIPLE off shore bank accounts!!

Obama.......Put this country in the largest debt, highest unemployment rate, 50 wars (exagerration), famine, golf trips, terrible leading skills, appearances in multiple hollywood movies......Should I go on??

They both stink to high heaven!!

I will vote for 1 ONLY 1 person, that will be a write in.....Ron Paul.....He is the people's presidential candidate, and anyone who wouldn't vote for Dr. Paul is brainwashed to believe Romney or Obama will ACTUALLY do something they say......Ron Paul's track record speaks for itself!!!

That is called the smoking gun!!! Ron Paul.....PROVEN!!! Other 2 clowns, broken promises!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
This has to be a joke... Romney's tax records in question are from prior to 2009, when he is accused of using spurious tax loopholes and blocker corporations in the Cayman Islands to get away with paying an effective tax rate of 0%.

After 2010 he knew he was running for public office and his tax returns were prepared according to possible public scrutiny. (Even then, they still show him paying a percentage rate MUCH LESS than the average middle class taxpayer).

So that is the demand - we want to see the tax returns for the PAST TEN YEARS - just as he demanded his VP candidates submit 10 years of returns to his campaign. This years tax return, was obviously prepared fully aware of the public scrutiny it would attract, and I would think Romney laid off the tax loopholes and blocker corporations in light of that.

PS: The headline if the thread is worded "Romney releases tax returns" - emphasis on the plural. This is not a multi-year release, only a 2011 return has been released. His previous release from 2010 wasn't even a complete return, he left out all the salient parts.

As far as I'm concerned, Romney has to answer to the allegations that he paid 0% in taxes from 2009 and prior years, and has to release those years returns, otherwise he is wasting our time with this grandiose hoopla over (finally) releasing his much-delayed and scrubbed 2011 return.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
How astonishing that people would rather have a poor person with no business experience as POTUS when America is in dire need of jobs. Romney knows what business needs to succeed in America and where the loopholes are. Somehow this is a bad thing? The fact that he is successful is a good thing. The fact that he is rich is a good sign for America. JFK was filthy rich. Why is that ok with America and not ok for Romney to be rich? If i had a few hundred million i assure you i would not have it all in America. America is a really bad investment under Obama. I bet Obama has millions in offshore bank accounts. If he is smart he does.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
The documents are now posted. I've seen chatter that the site is getting overloaded so it might take a few tries to get it to open.

Public Disclosure

Also on the webpage:

In addition, Gov. Romney has released nine financial disclosures since 2002, which are also posted on this site. There are 3 federal Public Financial Disclosures (from 2007, 2011, and 2012), and 6 Massachusetts Statements of Financial Interests (from 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007).

With a decade's worth of financial disclosure documents and the Romneys' recent tax returns, the American people have extensive information about their personal finances, above and beyond what is required by the law.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Of Course Romneys income is based on investments which has a different tax rate some people seem to gloss over that fact.

Capital gains tax and payroll taxes are two different animals no matter how much and how many people want them to be the same they aren't.

Anyone making an issue of Romneys tax returns are people who will never vote for him in the first place

Romney paid more taxes than the people deriding him for it. Romney is rich and sucessful don't like who cares.

Now deal with it.

Ps the capital gains tax rate is 15%

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

What? You think Mittens of the Majikal Underpants makes his money on a W-2 or 1099? Get a clue. The uber-rich make their money through interest, capital gains and such. Why do you think these people (on both sides) want to eliminate capital gains and estate taxes? That's where THEY make their income. Duh!

As for charity: MotMU is required by his church to tithe 10% of his gross earnings. Not a choice.

And get an accountant? Easily said if you're making enough money to offset the cost of having attorneys and accountants structure the necessary trusts and then manage your money accordingly. But until/unless they start paying tax & estate attorneys and CPAs on a sliding scale based upon the client's income that is an inane statement. You think MotMU banks in Switzerland and Grand Cayman cause he likes watches and conch salad? Come on man. The system is and has been rigged BY the elite FOR the elite. Makes no difference which party is in power. THEY are the elite --- or in the very least their pimps.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Yet you sport your Obama avatar. Okay, yeah, whatever.

As for you getting "ripped off", don't. I stand by what I said. Get an accountant.

I would love to get an accountant and find all the loopholes, but unfortunately I can not afford one of those high dollar accountants. If you think the schmoes at H&R Block are going out of their way to find me loopholes, your insane!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Oh look....someone yelled "Squirrel!" and all the dogs have stopped sniffing at the other stuff and are now looking at the squirrel...nicely played if I say so myself.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Every time i see someone complain (in this community) about the rich paying less taxes by % then the rest of us;
They all seem to imply its because they want the rich to have less money, like some petty jealous bitching.

while even if everyone in the country paid a flat tax of 90%, or 10%
or different balanced taxes depending on income;

all taxes from anyone who pays, are misused and wasted anyways.
even if the rich paid out 50% in their taxes, higher then the rest of us, we the people would not benefit from it anyways, nor would the poor/middle be taxed LESS because of the change.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

He gave over 4 ,000,000 to charities in 2011! He has also released a summary of his taxes
from 1990-2010! Now, go on, find fault with that as well!!

Obama hasn't released a damn thing!!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is what the article says:

Additionally, the Romney campaign is releasing a summary of 20 years of taxes, between 1990-2009, detailing their tax expenditures during those years:

The Weekly Standard

Pax
edit on 9/21/2012 by paxnatus because: broken link

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Except for his birth certificate and tax records....

The depth of ignorance astounds me.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Are you talking about the birth certificate that was proved fraudulent?
How about his college transcripts? How about the truth about his reltiomship
with a known Communist? The man he admits to calling his "father figure" in his autobiography,
Dreams from my father!!

So you see, I am not the ignorant one, you seem to be , buy supporting a man whose number one goal
is to see the United States of America, fall!

Pax

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
who cares what he made or what tax rate he paid?

Here's the issue, as I see it. He's asking me to bestow my faith, and trust, in him and, yet, he is hiding something from me. That's not a good way to earn my trust.

Obama's case is similar. I don't think he lied about his citizenship. I think he was born here but I think he used his heritage for gain and those college records will show that he was probably getting aid or scholarship money based on his foreign student status. I have not problem with that either, if you just tell me.

When anyone says "trust me" and then covers something up, they're not trustworthy. Tax returns or college records. It's all garbage that simply shows that our leaders are not to be trusted.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Are you talking about the birth certificate that was proved fraudulent?
How about his college transcripts? How about the truth about his reltiomship
with a known Communist? The man he admits to calling his "father figure" in his autobiography,
Dreams from my father!!

Birth certificate: verified by the state of Hawaii. Done. Despite any loony, debunked birther claims.

College transcripts: He graduated Magna Cum Laude From Harvard. His grades are not an issue.

College Admission records: No president, I repeat NO PRESIDENT, has ever been asked to present these documents.

Relationship with known Communist: So what, my best friend is a Republican; yet, I don't let that cloud my better judgement; my association with Republicans does not make me one. What document should he release in relation to this?

His "father figure": There is a book about it, go read it. What document do you want to see in relation to this?

So you see, I am not the ignorant one, you seem to be

Yet, all evidence is to the contrary. Especially when you say things like this:

buy supporting a man whose number one goal is to see the United States of America, fall!

Is that in his platform? Nope. That is your biased opinion.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join