It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Releases Tax Returns...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Source -Yahoo

Romney aides on Friday said the Republican presidential nominee would give the public a look at his finished tax forms. Ahead of their release, expected at 3 p.m., aides said Romney earned almost $13.7 million last year and paid more than $1.9 million in taxes — an effective tax rate of 14.1 percent.

Okay, so he's releasing them. Now, it's time for Obama to release his school admission records...unless, of course, he has something to hide.

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
wow, he gets to keep 85.9% percent of his pay.

what a lucky, privileged guy.

most of us are lucky to keep 65% of the average american income of $44,000 and change.

and poor mitt and his buddies have to get by only keeping 85% of $14 million.

how can there be a middle class if they're taxed to the poor house.
edit on 21-9-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

link   
I figured he would release them..and said so....to all the hoots and hollering about Romney hiding things. He wasn't even the official candidate yet then. Not until Tampa closed out...and Clinton didn't even release most of his until '96 and his re-election for a more recently example in normal times. I wonder if they'll be any surprises?

Let's all remember too how downright miserly so many seem to be about charity donations. Write offs or not....many charities exist largely on those donations and hence, all the people down the line that benefit. Will Mittens be a generous guy or the kind to make Lincoln scream on the penny? The Obama/Biden charity effort was a bit....lacking...as I recall. Lincoln was screaming pretty hard on their returns. Hmmmm

link   

Now, it's time for Obama to release his school admission records...unless, of course, he has something to hide.
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

He has more than something to hide. He has to hide the fact that his school records show that he was a foreign national, and was receiving financial aid because of it. The fact that this fraud of a candidate was elected POTUS is an insult to our sacred Constitution. The MSM is just as guilty of the crime for hiding that fact, which they are fully aware of. In addition, they continue to fail to cover ANY story that makes the great Imposter look bad. It's long past time to water the tree of Liberty.
S & F!

edit on 21-9-2012 by ProfEmeritus because: typo

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

He made 105 times what I did last year and I paid 34% in taxes........Sounds like I am getting ripped off somewhere along the way??
edit on 9/21/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I never understood why this was that big of a deal? Of course his CPA's will get him the best tax rate they can, thats their job.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Can't wait.

edit on 21-9-2012 by BritofTexas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
wow, he gets to keep 85.1% percent of his pay.

what a lucky, privileged guy.

Yep, as he should, considering that as that dollar reached his company, it was also taxed before it even got to him.

$1.00 received
Corporate Tax @35%. Money Left: $.65
Romney's pay from that $.65 is taxed at 14.9%. That means the government took 44.7% of every dollar. personally, I think a person and business keeping 55% should be just fine. I'd like to see them keep 75% or more, to be quite honest.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I never understood why this was that big of a deal? Of course his CPA's will get him the best tax rate they can, thats their job.
reply to post by Juggernog

Well said. Show me the person that wants to pay more than they have to, according to the tax laws, and I'll show you a liar.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I thought the big deal was that they (Obama) want him to release multiple tax years, not just 2010 and 2011.

Critics, including President Barack Obama, have urged Romney to release more than just the two years of returns and follow his father's model. When George Romney ran for president, he released 12 years of tax returns.

edit on 21-9-2012 by Zarniwoop because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Get an accountant, find the loopholes that are in the system, and keep YOUR money. If the loopholes are a problem, then why weren't they fixed from 2008 to 2010 when a certain party had the White House, Senate and House?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

pfft i can beat that

See that? Born in KENYA

edit on 21-9-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Psst....

This isn't the ones they are asking for.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This entire issue is crap. We all know that Romney made a lot of money. We also know that he paid a much smaller percentage in taxes than most of us did. So who cares?

Almost reminds me of the Birther issue. Maybe we should ask Romney for his BC! He may be a Mexican anti-colonialist.
edit on 21-9-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Get an accountant, find the loopholes that are in the system, and keep YOUR money. If the loopholes are a problem, then why weren't they fixed from 2008 to 2010 when a certain party had the White House, Senate and House?

Let me tell you something.......There is NOBODY or any PARTY in the White House that make this better!!

I can only think of one person off the top of my head.....Ron Paul......

It all has to do on me getting ripped off and asking why.......I wasn't even handed millions of dollars the second I was born either, mine is all EARNED!!!
edit on 9/21/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yet you sport your Obama avatar. Okay, yeah, whatever.

As for you getting "ripped off", don't. I stand by what I said. Get an accountant.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The issue wasn't that he wasn't releasing current taxes, he had released two prior years.

It was that he hadn't released any from further back, say like before he decided to run for POTUS.

So again, the argument would be that of course he released these, he was able to take care of any issues he would want to hide knowing the scrutiny.

So the demand is for the ones where he didn't think he had to hide anything.
edit on 21-9-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Just wanted to add, that tax loopholes can be considered a government handout. By definition, they are a special exclusion for certain people that meet the criteria. Kind of like the EITC.

So Romney, as well as Obama and others that take special tax exemptions because of their wealth, are welfare queens!

link   

As for you getting "ripped off", don't. I stand by what I said. Get an accountant.

I believe that its a "puppet" Obama avatar

link   

Dude, it is an Obama puppet! Not Obama.....Get it right!! I hate the scum we have to pick from to represent our country....These dirty sleazebag ripoff artists all need kicked to the curb and let the PEOPLE pick the right candidate....

None of this you get 2 picks crap and TPTB pick those 2 for us......That is not a vote, that is either one will work for them.....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join