It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Ancient henge discovered in North Downs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
An Ancient henge discovered in North Downs
(kentonline.co.uk)

The henge was uncovered when archaeologists studied satellite imagery of an anomalous circular depression of the site, a ploughed crop field.

The "ring ditch" of the henge is 49 meters across. Archaeologists have said charcoal, bones and pottery discovered in the area suggest it was a religious site.

An ancient ceremonial site the size of Stonehenge has been discovered on the North Downs.

The exact purpose of the site - a neolithic “henge” near Hollingbourne - remains shrouded in mystery, but a large amount of burnt bone and pottery uncovered suggest it was used in a ritual capacity for almost 2000 years, as far back as 2500BC, the end of the Stone Age.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

There are so very many aren't there! I wonder if the farmer gets compensated for the land not being planted.

Satellites are finding things everywhere so fast now, to fast for them to even go out and uncover them!!

edit on 21-9-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

That is a good question. I suppose the site will remain an archeological site from now on, so does the farmer/land owner get compensated for the loss of his field? Considering the scale of the find, and the fact this crop field is most likely never to be planted again, I would think an organization (public or private) would buy or lease the site from him along with an access road. I don't know if the government would resort to eminent domain to seize the land if it of historical value, although that wouldn't be unheard of. I'll leave the question to one of the resident experts (Byrd, Hans, etc.)

BTW here is some official information from the British Archeology;
Rewriting the prehistory of Kent 2: the henge
(archaeologyuk.org)

Survey map of the site;

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Thank you for posting this as it is an interesting find. I'm always fascinated by this type of discovery that may help shed light on our ancient past. If the estimates are correct then this site is around 4,500 years old which proves (not that we already did not know) that ancient humans were all over, and were not as primitive as we make them out to be.

I believe that our ancient history needs to be completely rewritten due to the fact that the current official story of our history that we are told about since our indoctrination in to the school systems is pretty much complete BS.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I believe that our ancient history needs to be completely rewritten due to the fact that the current official story of our history that we are told about since our indoctrination in to the school systems is pretty much complete BS.

Hmmm in what country do you live? I'm not aware of any 'official story' dealing with ancient history.

I would suggest reading a book on the subject from say around 1912 and compare it to one written today. I believe you'll notice a staggering difference....

----------------------------------------------------

Nice henge there Blackmarketeer

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Hmmm in what country do you live? I'm not aware of any 'official story' dealing with ancient history.

I would suggest reading a book on the subject from say around 1912 and compare it to one written today. I believe you'll notice a staggering difference....

----------------------------------------------------

Nice henge there Blackmarketeer

I live in Canada...and when I say "official story" is the constant denying of certain finds because they would just shatter the mainstream version of our history. I don't want to dabble too far off topic and derail OP's thread but I believe that TPTB want us to believe the current mainstream version of human history.

If you believe what you have been thought during history class as you grew up then that is fine, and I hold nothing against you for it, but I believe we have been lied to since birth about many things including but not limited to our ancient past.

I believe that some people are in the know and are witholding "sacred" knowledge. This is just my opinion based on things I have seen and learned through out my time on this earth.

To add, I think you have taken my post in the incorrect context, but it's all good.

ETA:

I also spent 5 years in the American school system.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I live in Canada...and when I say "official story" is the constant denying of certain finds because they would just shatter the mainstream version of our history. I believe that TPTB want us to believe the current mainstream version of human history.

Could that possibly be based on a lack of evidence for said certain finds instead of conspiracy? There is no 'current mainstream version of human history', there is scientific consensus on a number of main points but there is no central authority deciding this, if you think there is can you tell me about this?

If you believe what you have been thought during history class as you grew up then that is fine, and I hold nothing against you for it, but I believe we have been lied to since birth about many things including but not limited to our ancient past.

Just for example - so I understand what you point is; could you list the three historical things you think the government of Canada is hiding from you? Oh are the province and territorial governments in on this too?

I believe that some people are in the know and are witholding "sacred" knowledge.

Don't stop there, tell us the name of the top holder of 'sacred' knowledge and the secrets of history in Canada please

Sorry for the side track Blackmarketeer!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Sorry bro, didn't mean to upset you. I see that you are here only to seek an argument so I will not take the bait, perhaps you can start a thread on this side topic and send me a U2U and I will gladly join.

Deal?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Already posted here.

Giant henge discovered

top topics

join