It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Victory March tomorrow in Montréal. 22 sept. 2012. Message to all Canadians and Americans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
To everyone near Montréal, Tomorrow come celebrate with us, Celebrate the victory of the people.

Parc Lafontaine , September 22th , 2h pm

Fight the Tyranny, never give up.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

Here is a message to all of the people that were saying we were fighting for nothing and that we would never succeed in stopping the hike :

Education is a right, Not a privilege

edit on 21-9-2012 by alphaskunk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Now Toronto should start this, this won't be a easy fight tho, much higher population.... but too bad i already finished my bachelors, i'm thinking about masters, so there is still something i can save for.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Yes go do your masters it is a great idea! And even if you don't , join the fight for the future of our people. I know that thousands of Quebecers are waiting for toronto to start so we can come swarm Younge Street with you all.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Spoiled province with spoiled students. My education cost a lot more, and unlike you I realize the money to pay for these things must come from somewhere.

I'm beginning to hope for separation.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
Spoiled province with spoiled students. My education cost a lot more, and unlike you I realize the money to pay for these things must come from somewhere.

I'm beginning to hope for separation.

And i realize that to go even further, to give All Quebecers free education it would cost about 800 million dollars a year. And i realize that taxing the big corporation stealing us of our natural ressources 0.5 % more we would get a surplus of 2-3 billion dollars a year. I also realize that every student with a bachelor will pay an average of 1 million dollars in tax more in his career. I also realize that education and economic growth are directly connected. What i realize, is that some people do not have the money or family background to go to university.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Agreed. "why do quebec students pay..blah blah blah" Because they are heavily subsidized by other provinces.
I wouldn't mind if they seperated, friggin Quebecistan.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's attitudes like yours that is destroying our country ! We should be giving our youth every opportunity we can for higher education !!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by magneticelectric

Agreed. "why do quebec students pay..blah blah blah" Because they are heavily subsidized by other provinces.
I wouldn't mind if they seperated, friggin Quebecistan.

You clearly have no idea about what equalization is. We are all taxed the same across Canada , regardless of the Province. This all goes to Ottawa than is split across the country to equalize everything. That money comes from federal tax payers across Canada, not from provinces. Quebec chooses to put that money in Education. Alberta gives more money, because the income is higher. If Quebec paid the same tuition fees of Alberta, you would still pay the same amount to Ottawa.

If you do not want to pay taxes to Ottawa, Separate from Canada, it is quite simple.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphaskunk
And i realize that to go even further, to give All Quebecers free education it would cost about 800 million dollars a year.

Agreed.

And i realize that taxing the big corporation stealing us of our natural ressources 0.5 % more we would get a surplus of 2-3 billion dollars a year.

Agreed. However this isnt as cut and dried as it sounds. Im all for making corporations pay more, but we do not want to make Canada un-business friendly. But yes, they should pay more.

I also realize that every student with a bachelor will pay an average of 1 million dollars in tax more in his career. I also realize that education and economic growth are directly connected.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

What i realize, is that some people do not have the money or family background to go to university.

Nor did I. So what i did was work two full time jobs, saved, and put educated myself when i had enough saved. Im now doing quite well, thank you and it minimal cost to Canadian taxpayers. In fact, during my time working two jobs, i contributed a lot to the tax base.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004

It's attitudes like yours that is destroying our country ! We should be giving our youth every opportunity we can for higher education !!

Ok, but can we not do it in a fair manner, where one province doesnt cry and recieve preferential treatment, just like Quebec always does?

I want our young educated too, they are the future of our country.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by rick004

Ok, but can we not do it in a fair manner, where one province doesnt cry and recieve preferential treatment, just like Quebec always does?

I want our young educated too, they are the future of our country.

I am writing a thread right now to explain how you can do this.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
What victory is this?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Lol, that's what I'm wondering :S

top topics

join