It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female U.S. military deserter to Canada arrested at U.S. border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Most likely she was tired of being raped by her fellow soldiers. I'm sure that's not something she was looking forward to when she signed up. Of course I don't know for sure that's the case, but neither do you know it's not the case.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Just out of curiosity, have you ever served?

And so what? It's not your choice to make in this case. Easy to criticize.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by Monger
She wasn't forced to sign up for military service. Canada has an unjustified reputation as a haven for cowards shirking their duties - actions like sending this lady packing will go a ways toward fixing that reputation.

She is NOT a coward.

No offense here... but yes, she absolutely, 100% IS a coward. Nothing but a worthless coward.

Courage and Conviction would have been standing to her C.O. and saying NO Sir. I will NOT go back and here is why. It's been done. Others HAVE shown that level of courage and they've paid different levels of cost for taking the stand one can be proud of. Right or Wrong, I respect those that do take a stand.

All she did was go long enough to say she'd been.....came home the first possible chance....then jumped the fence, so to speak, and ran for the nearest international border to hide behind and say 'Come and get me'.

One is the actions of a man or woman of honor, even if they've lost all will to fight.\

The other is the action of a coward.

She made her choice and it is the choice as clear as any may come on such an issue, in my opinion. Let her serve the remainder of her time....however many years she signed on for...at Leavenworth. It's about time an example be made, IMO.

I'm very liberal so, I think Canada SHOULD welcome in US soldiers whom decided the Iraq war isn't about defending the US home land; you know it's only created MORE terrorist right? SHE doesn't want to contribute to that anymore.

Thanks for your participation in my thread you wascully wabbit!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

Nope.... but then, you've seen me say that before as I've mentioned it on threads you've been on at the same time in the past.

If serving is a requirement, the I'd say 2/3rd's or more of the people on ATS need to drop from all subjects along these lines.....as they have no right to say a thing, either.

However, frankly, it isn't a necessity to serve to voice an opinion....being that first amendment and all. In this case, it's not even opinion. She violated Federal Law in running to hide across in international border. She did that while in the process of violating Military Law under the UCMJ. The opinion and debate then is really about how much should be done to her, not how wrong her action is. After all, if all laws are to start becoming relative and open to interpretation of the offender for justification, we're in for a hell of a future...quite literally. You know the saying about roads paved with good intentions, and being a nation of laws has it's advantages.

@Calgarian

(tips carrot) Indeed... a good thread and a good example of disagreement...
I'll hop off and find other grounds to hunt. S/F

edit on 21-9-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
Most likely she was tired of being raped by her fellow soldiers. I'm sure that's not something she was looking forward to when she signed up. Of course I don't know for sure that's the case, but neither do you know it's not the case.

Yeah, SURELY that's the case. Without a shred of evidence, let's just throw around insane accusations. Why not? Throw the GD truth out the window, let's just make # up.

I say that most likely she is herself a serial rapist, having raped no fewer than 25 servicemen. You see how crazy that seems coming from the other side? Yeah, most likely!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Does anybody know this womans whole life story? She may or may not be a coward and she may have been just another victim of this really crappy society we are all to be so proud of? She may have seen some very horrible things or been one of the high % of military women who get bullied or abused so until you can see life though her eyes I just dont understand how people can pass any judgment at all?

Some people join out of desperation created by this corrupt economy and I guess thats good for tbtb to have people so poor the military might seem like the only hope to a better life as sad as that is and there is so many reasons why a person would not want to be sent to kill or support in the killing of other people.

On the other side she did sign an agreement but if we are to live in a so called civilized society a person should not be punished for not wanting to kill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join