It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating person looking down on my wife.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
How long has this been going on? I would check the history of the place and see what you find. It could be any number of things. Has anything else happend besides it just hovering?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

It's a somewhat common hallucination.

How is that any kind of answer... Life is a common hallucination. Where does that get us...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
How is that any kind of answer...

It answers how this "floating girl" was observed even though the eye did not capture it. A hallucination.

Life is a common hallucination.

That statement does not make any sense, though.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I read your blog, Seems like you have it pretty rough. I have a few of the things you described but not as extreme as you do. I blame my depression on some very horrible events that ive been through ie.. losing someone close from 9/11, iraq, losing everything from hurricane Katrina, Afghanistan, and my wife leaving me because she said Iraq turned me into a totally differant person.

Anyway im sure you illnesses have to be hard on your wife also, and not sleeping next to your spouse is kinda lonely specially not sleeping in the same room. Maybe whatever this thing is might be visiting her to try and comfort her. I dont find a 12yr old girl very threatening. Plus i think if it was there to cause harm it would have already. Btw have you tried putting a second bed in in the room so you and your wife could atleast sleep in the same room.

This kinda reminded me of what happend to my wife when I was in Iraq. She told me a few times in the middle of the night she would wake up to pee. She didnt turn on the lights because we have bright night lights in the bedroom and bathroom. Well while she was sitting on the toilet she would see a "shadowy figure shape like a person" standing right next to my side of the bed. She said one time it looked like it was petting or stroking my pillow. She said eveytime it happend she would grab the handgun I keep hidden in the bathroom, she would aim at it, turn on the tac-light on the handgun and it would just disappear. She said it didnt scare her and she didnt get a bad feeling from it but I was totally freaked out. It only happend like 3 or 4 times.

PS.. Yes I keep a gun in every room, We lived alone(no children) and they are hidden very well, like fake books, fake lamps made to conceal handguns or a holster thats made to attach to the inside of the tank on the toilet. And She not a idiot with guns, she went through firearms training and a tactical pistol course. So please dont give BS about her grabbing a gun, If you were a 110lb 22 yr old female, lived alone and seen a huge dark figure standing in your room in the middle of the night Im pretty sure most of you would grab a firearm.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Textreply to post by Mclaneinc

Greetings! I do sympathize with what you are both going through at the moment and am sorry to hear. It must be quite tortorous for your wife to be going to bed at night, especially on her own. It sounds like an unusual case, considering your wife has no underlying mental health issues. From my observation and what I've heard from family members who has gone through similar unexplained experiences, there may be a trigger to these weird happenings. Has your wife recently underwent a trauma or shock? Or any other events in her life that may cause emotional imbalance? Even extreme stress or supressed feelings? I find that these are the times when someone could be more 'sensitive' and prone to such experiences. I agree with the camera and audio set up, I think this is the best way to validate the case. All the best, I will be following this thread closely.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I think you do need to keep open to the possibility it's the "ghosts" of people who are still alive. Perhaps former residents of the house who still feel an emotional attachment and perhaps do not feel their current residence is as much "home" as your house is.

Apparently I somehow "haunt" the home I grew up in and lived in off and on though my 30's to the point nobody feels comfortable sleeping in my old bedroom. I once was napping at the house I bought after my wedding, and had a dream where I appeared in the old room and was seen there in semi transparent form. I saw the person who was seeing me. Our eyes met, she asked me what was wrong, because I was frowning. When I awoke, we talked on the phone and our stories of our encounter matched up perfectly, with me remembering I was asked what was wrong.

I still have odd dreams where I wake up in the middle of the night disoriented in my old bedroom, and I'm confused because its decorated differently, I'm flailing at the door trying to leave, then I wake up in my current bedroom very confused. I had a bout of that dream recurring constantly awhile back, and coincidently I learned my mom was trying to sleep in that old room around that time but gave up on it because she said something kept disturbing her sleep, some presence. I now think it was me, in OOBE form, but of course I can't prove it. If I was visible, there was no light, so I was not visible or identifiable as I was during the other "encounter" during the daytime.

All this seems to reach a peak when I have issues with my current and past houses, where I don't feel at home in them for various reasons, and long for a house that truly feel like home.

I think incidents where people encounter a ghost type presence in their brand new homes, with no history of hauntings, and never experience another incident, may also be examples of people encountering someone wandering about on an OOBE in which they are visible. I've read such stories in ATS, and to me, it's a possibility that makes sense. These are encounters with ghosts that are dressed in current fashions, seen only once, maybe twice, and there are no murders or anything else to explain a more traditional haunting.

I apologize if this post is hard to read. I've got drops in my eyes for conjunctivitis and it's a bit blurry.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

I will share a story with you that will probably put your mind to rest. Years ago when I was still living with my mother, she was vey much into psychics visiting her and sharing new information, of course for a fee. I also had a strong interest in this but never had any money as I was young, so I never attended any of the meetings. The woman would channel in a spirit, and as though she were someone else would be able to tell you things that you had never heard before.

While I was skepticle, I was still interested. One night I was alone in bed, and there was a floating figure above me. It was female for sure and had the most shocking hair I had ever seen. I got a warm feeling from her presence and was tying to pull her down to my level with no success. Oddly I had no fear about this, but seeing how many ghost stories I have now watched in the last 20 years, it would probably scare the hell out of me now.

A few days later my mom had scheduled a meeting for another one of these mediums to come over and do another channeling session. I was required to be present as I was the person that would be paying for it this time. My mom got her turn for a bit, then my turn was up and we were on the topic of spirit guides. So since my mom had one, it was my first question, I just had to ask, do I have a spirit guide? The whole concept sounded to cool to pass up and I wanted to know. Without delay the medium answered and said of course you do, and you allready know this, who do you think has been visiting you floating above your bed. Now my heart sank as I realized that I was to embarrased to share this info with my mom or girlfriend or anyone else, so how in the world did this woman know about the details of what I had experienced just a few nights before?

At any rate, I'm told her name is Almontra and her hair changes color and style, and that she is always with me. Of course she hangs out with me for good reasons, not for bad, so there is no fear of why. Now I'm not saying that your wifes visitor is for sure a spirit guide, but its very possible. Not everyone has spirit guides, only the luckiest of us do. I could direct you to a series called psychic kids, its on netflix and there are several episodes, I suggest you watch as many as you can handle. Some of the things you learn are worth the time alone. That program is usually about kids that have the ability of being able to see others in the other dimension, but as kids are just scared to death of it all together. Sometimes we find out that a lingering spirit is actually our guide.

If your into the idea you could search around for a psychic or medium and have them over and see if they can give you more details about your visitor. If you get a good one you will get the spirits name and purpose which is priceless.
edit on 22-9-2012 by itsthetooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow... I don't have any answers for you, I just was grabbed by how similar this sounds to something that happened when I was about the same age as your daughter!

I was in bed, and saw directly in front of me, floating in the air, a girl lying on her side looking at me. She had her head propped up on her hand and just stared at me. She had long blond hair like me, and looked similar to me.

I got scared and screamed for mother, then hid under my covers, afraid to look again. I stayed under there until I fell asleep.

The next day my mother said that she heard me scream, then heard my coming down the hall, open her bedroom door, and get in bed behind her.
She swore the covers were lifted up and the mattress moved as if under pressure.

She said, "What's wrong honey? Did you have a nightmare or something?" and turned around....
To find nobody there.

I did not leave my bed, that I am sure of. So I don't know what happened.

But another thing which has always felt connected to me, is that the next day I met a girl for the first time, who would become my best friend for many years, and we are STILL friends today.
She and I looked so much alike that we got into the habit of letting strangers think we were twin sisters, and even when our life paths went different ways and we lost contact for a while, when we find each other again, it always turns out that we have lived in parallel ways- much the way you hear twins separated at birth do sometimes?

I don't know why, but I have suspected that it was HER I saw that night! .....I also have a slight idea in head that I've never quite worked out, that we can have our etheric being sort of "wander".... and that is even more prevalent in teen and pre-teen females. (that sounds weird, I know....but there it is).

I just thought your wifes experience had soem similarity to that experience of mine.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Consequence

Life is a common hallucination.--- That statement does not make any sense, though.

It does make sense. The only pecieved reality you have exists in your head.. It is a epiphenomena of the mind. You are looking at the world through a Cartesian view point. It is a very outdated model of reality..

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Life is a common hallucination.--- That statement does not make any sense, though.

It does make sense.

No, it does not.
The definition of hallucination is that the mind creates a "picture" of something that your sensory systems did not feed your brain with. Claiming that "life is a common hallucination" does therefore not make any sense.

The only pecieved reality you have exists in your head..

I rather not go into discussions in philosophical nonsense, but we have this thing called "science" which only works due to the fact that we are able to observe the physical world the same way among peers.
You can create your own reality in your head all you wish, we still know what is real and what is not.

You are looking at the world through a Cartesian view point.

What is a "Cartesian viewpoint"? If I dare to ask?

It is a very outdated model of reality..

I know I will regret this, but, what is the dated model of reality...?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
It's a somewhat common hallucination.
Can apparently happen to people who do not seem to suffer from any obvious/known mental illnesses.

If it's very frequent however, then maybe it would be wise to get it checked.
Schizophrenia might be a reason.

What is common are sleep disturbances called hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations. Many people have them and it's neurological, not a mental health issue. This would make a lot more sense than the OP's wife having a type of psychosis or schizophrenia that only occurs when in bed at night!

I have had similar 'hallucinations' and I myself suffer from sleep disturbances on a regular basis. I have seen the same people for months at a time and sometimes it's just mundane annoying things that seem to be insignificant.
Personally I think that people that have these sleep issues do tend to be in touch with their psychic side. Only the person experiencing it can judge whether it's significant or not. I don't think shouting out at this apparition is doing any good, communicating in a mental, non-verbal sense may work, acknowledging the presence and mentally 'listening'.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Amazing! My uncle had such an experience early in his marraige. He awoke one night to see his wife sleeping in her bed but a phantom form of her at her feet standing up. Poor woman lived a miserable life: communists took her father away, her mother died while buying bread (which she was suppposed to have been doing herself) and the onlookers could not understand her last words as she was an immigrant, her brother killed his wife and himself a month before she died of cancer. I think of her from time to time.

I guess neurological reasons explain most of these cases. However, like all experiences, some can be prophetics like the grandmother episode stated on page 1, or even spirit guides as in the case of the medium (not all are malevolent as some of the "devout" would have us believe).

Thanks for this wonderful thread. Just because a mental person has a "paranormal" experience it does not mean it is simply a product of the illness. I do not know if there have been any statistical reports done but I daresay that it will not show a difference. This would of course differ for people suffering from severe mental illness who are prone to hallucination but even hallucinations in themselves doe not make one mentally ill.

I hope you get your answer one day.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Mclaneinc can they be a manifestation of your anger? i've read your post and i sensed you are really pissed off with your life and passing through a depression state that never seems to end. i'm having some of your symptoms (which i posted in the health forum here on ats) so i know how it is to be depressed and angry.

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

could be a curse

<< 1   >>

join