It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floating person looking down on my wife.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now before I get in to this I have to say I have not seen this 'person' but my wife has mentioned it several times and she's NOT a kook if you will.

I don't sleep in the bed with my wife because of spinal issues and severe bad dreams where I flail out quite violently, it's all in my blog in the signature as proof. But lately my wife has mentioned seeing what she thought was a young girl floating above her in a lying down position as if she's face down staring at her.

Initially my wife passed it off as a dream but its happened more and more and now she knows she was awake at the time, over the times its happened she has become less afraid of this girl staring down at her to the point last I was woken up by her shouting "who are you, what do you want" at this person.

The girl is unknown to her bar she shares some resemblance to our daughter of 12 but she knows its not her but like her. The girl does not talk despite her asking it why, it just floats a few feet over her looking at her, the way she describes the person is like those people who do that planking lark.

No, I'm not suggesting a planking ghost if you will, just giving you the idea of how she describes the way it happens.

My wife is not on any medication, has NO signs of any mental health issues (I'm quite the expert as per my sig) and apart from a glass of wine with food at the weekend takes not drugs of any kind, she a carer by work and a mother to our lovely daughter. She's not prone to flights of fancy but has had other circumstances where she's not felt alone, she swears she feels a dogs tail swoosh around her legs whiles she's standing at the sink although we have no dog and our cats are no where near her.

The point of this thread is not to convince skeptics, I myself don't know where I sit re the possibilities here, I do believe much is utter clap trap and made up but she has always had a belief in spirits of some sort. I remember she went to a supposed psychic when we were having a rocky period many years ago and the woman went bonkers when she knew of me and told her I was the devil, not a devil, the devil.

Needless to say I think she was spun a yarn...

Just to see if there's any possible validity to what she see's from others, as said, I've not seen this myself as I'm either having severe nightmares myself or the quetipine has knocked me out but I believe her and if you do a search on me here I'm just a normal (whatever that is) person who has been on here many years, ie not a troll.

Anyone heard of 'people' having things like this floating over them so close and not saying anything...

Its a bit out there for me but I trust my wife, she's a brilliant mother and wife..

EDIT: I just told my wife I've posted this which she's fine with if not a little embarrassed but a few extra details came to light.

There's actually been 2 people, one who's like my daughter and another one who looks like UK actress Emma Adkins who for the UK folk plays Charity Tate in Emmerdale, pretty much a spit of her according to my wife. The both do the hover over the top thing but the blond one (Emma we will call her) also stands up near her, they both just stare with no reaction to questions and then just go ie blip out.

Very strange..
edit on 21-9-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It's a somewhat common hallucination.
Can apparently happen to people who do not seem to suffer from any obvious/known mental illnesses.

If it's very frequent however, then maybe it would be wise to get it checked.
Schizophrenia might be a reason.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

To rule out any physical/mental causes, have a camera installed facing up the ceiling from the bed and try to record whatever is happening.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Consequence
It's a somewhat common hallucination.
Can apparently happen to people who do not seem to suffer from any obvious/known mental illnesses.

If it's very frequent however, then maybe it would be wise to get it checked.
Schizophrenia might be a reason.

I appreciate your reply but as i say I'm quite a little expert on mental health issues due to suffering myself and I can say as far as I can see she shows no signs of an issue. I'm NOT saying you are wrong but jsut saying I doubt it very much although its now on the table as a possibility.

Its also not easy to think of your wife in that way but I swear she really shows no signs, she's a bright bubbly person who adores our daughter, her whole life is dedicated to her and looking after me to a certain degree. She's not a 'prickily' person, no odd mood swings, no bodily signs of the usual stuff to look for ala tapping, rocking etc.

But thank you for the reply and as I say its on the table, I did ask and I will listen..

I'll be back on in the morning so if you don't see me replying to people its not because I've cleared off

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaellma

To rule out any physical/mental causes, have a camera installed facing up the ceiling from the bed and try to record whatever is happening.

I'll make sure she has a camera with her under the pillows, the installing bit is a tad hard for me due to spinal issues.

Thanks for the reply...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Suffering mental issues does not make you an expert on the subject

edit on 21-9-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you have a laptop, you can record easily right onto your computer.

second

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mclaneinc
Its also not easy to think of your wife in that way but I swear she really shows no signs

Yes she does. She has hallucinations of young girls floating over her bed.
And yes, it's easy to deny the obvious if one is close to them. "No way! Not MY ....", when in reality, people are always someone's "MY". That's how life works.

As I said, sometimes this is just a harmless hallucination, though.

And the camera will therefore not capture anything, but go ahead and assure yourself that it is in fact a hallucination.
However, I'd recommend to turn the camera towards the bed instead and join your wife. You'd have a much nicer result on tape!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'd just add: it can't hurt to record audio as well.
Replay the portions when the apparition is visible.
You can then draw your own conclusions from the audio and video.

One final suggestion: If either/both of you are uncomfortable adjusting your world view because of this...don't.

Acceptance is always a candidate solution to a problem. In this case, it sounds like a great candidate!
It doesn't sound like the apparition is causing any harm, aside from the mental discomfort generated by thinking/fixating on the issue.

Remember: "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

If acceptance is out of the question, you may want to do some research on non-harmful entities. Put that world view up against your experiences, and draw your own conclusions.

Good luck! Remember - the two of you control your destiny, and the choices you make as you deal with this issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have experienced something like that many many years ago when i was about 8 years old, in a clear daylight sunny summerday.
Whole situation sounds weird and odd when i think about it. Me and my mother were walking to grandmothers, and i saw figure which resemled my grandmother floating/facing down from the sky, figure looked young and was dressed in white robe she had no facial expressions or talked anything, even she didn´t look exactly like my grandmother i felt its my grandmother so i pointed her to my mom and said "Look grandmother is on the sky" my mother didn´t see anything but to me the figure were there and was static about a half mile of walking.

When we reached to grandmothers house we found out grandmother had passed away, she had had a heart attack in the same morning.

Later i saw my grandmothers wedding picture and the face of the figure on the sky was hers.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Hello, that is an interesting experience to say the least!
Well, it could be a symbolic and lucid dream that she is having. If thats the case, than a "cure" if you will, would be to translate the symbolic meaning of the girl and woman.
In example, the girl and woman have a distinct difference in age, and from what i could find the older woman reminds her of an actress that (according to wikipedia) plays a bit of a businesslike woman and the younger girl reminds her of your daughter.
That could represent her inner child, (innocence, curiosity, playfullness... etc) and mature self (goal oriented, business before pleasure etc..)
The fact that the girl keeps floating above her and the woman is next to her might mean that her inner child is getting harder to reach for her, that life is becomming to serious..

On the comments of psychosis, well from what i could find the lack of concept of time, the feeling of detachment from the body that is a personal or mental experience experience, not a perception of a external event. So i would not be thinking of a spychotic episode either.

The other option left is that she is somehow encountering a spirit or spirits and they have no way to communicate to her so they are trying to make known that the are around.
In any case, observing her emotions during the experiences would be a great help in translating the message, whether its subconscious or spiritual.

Hope your wife is fine and all will be explained soon.
Best to you and your wife..

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
These visitors could be someone who is having an OBE coming to her. I've read that people can pop in on anyone they want to during OBEs. I don't know if they have the ability to communicate with people though. If she doesn't know them, then I have no idea why they would be coming to her.

It could be someone she knew in a past life coming to try to warn her of something to come, or just checking on her.

It could be former residents of the house that are still lurking in the earth realm wondering, 'who is this in my bed?'

It could be her spirit guides making themselves known. Could be a lot of things.

Is there any reason someone could have put a spell on her?
I just read in another thread awhile back about someone seeing the spirit of someone spying on them (during an OBE). This person then went out of her body and chased the other person off. She was in to practicing WICA.

A lot of strange things out there that we don't understand.
I hope she finds the answer. And, even if you do put up a camera, you may not capture a spirit on film unless you look real close. It could appear as a small orb that you pass off as a dust particle.
Good luck!
edit on 9/21/2012 by sled735 because: addition to comment

edit on 9/21/2012 by sled735 because: Correct spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Get a cat. The cat will sleep on the bed with your wife and protect her.

Put blacklight bulbs in your bedroom. UV light keeps those energy life forms away.

Also tell your wife just because she see's a girl doesn't mean it IS a girl. Demons can take the form of anything. They would take the form of something to trick you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

I have to add my two cents - being a mentally ill person has made me somewhat of a self proclaimed expert on metal issues as I have read everything and anything I could get my hands on related to the subject. So in a way, I do believe that those of us that are afflicted may have more knowledge on the subject than others.

Now to the OP, this is a very interesting happening! I too would look into the history of the house, people your wife has been in contact with in the past who may have moved on, etc. I can honestly say that we all have people that are no longer of this world around us at any given moment, yet not everyone is able to 'see' them. Your wife may be either more sensitive than most, or they have something of importance to share with her.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It could very well be a spirit manifesting,

There's a very small chance it is a human spirit, but most likely it is not.

It is most likely a malevolent spirit, a spirit of a fallen angel / demon....

Next time this happens, have your wife command the spirit in the name of Christ Jesus and see what happens....

All spirits are under command of the Lord Yeshua,

Yahweh Tsaboath = The LORD, Master of Legions / the LORD of hosts / the LORD, commander of Angels,
and Jesus the Christ = Yahshua the Messiah - Yahweh the Savior - the Christ of God

Just ask for the guidance, protection and wisdom of Their Holy Spirit,

God bless you and your wife,

Amen

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Whilst true, researching them because I suffer does give me an edge..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Put blacklight bulbs in your bedroom. UV light keeps those energy life forms away.

Also tell your wife just because she see's a girl doesn't mean it IS a girl. Demons can take the form of anything. They would take the form of something to trick you.

We have 5 cats, laziest buggers you ever met but some do sleep on the bed..

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

oops dupe..
edit on 22-9-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Menrva

I have to add my two cents - being a mentally ill person has made me somewhat of a self proclaimed expert on metal issues as I have read everything and anything I could get my hands on related to the subject. So in a way, I do believe that those of us that are afflicted may have more knowledge on the subject than others.

Now to the OP, this is a very interesting happening! I too would look into the history of the house, people your wife has been in contact with in the past who may have moved on, etc. I can honestly say that we all have people that are no longer of this world around us at any given moment, yet not everyone is able to 'see' them. Your wife may be either more sensitive than most, or they have something of importance to share with her.

Thank you for confirming that those of us who do suffer tend to research a lot about it, I'm mentally ill, not mentally retarded ie I have the ability to learn and understand as best I can about the social psychological issues I have and the effects of depression do hinder me but it does not mean I cannot understand them, I simply can't make my brain block them.

As for the thing that is happening to my wife, as I say I'm a logic / science based person, I find spirits and ghost illogical (not being rude to people) but I also know that there's a massive part of the brain that we really have no clue about so part of me wonders if its possible a person could be like a satellite dish and pick up on energy of some sort. The logical part of me say that we have a lot to learn about US and the world around us, we are by no means the experts we imagine ourselves to be but logic dictates (god I hate the Star Trek reference) that we must have proof.

Therefore I leave myself open to anything as long as it can be verified.

As said, obviously I'm not easy with hearing my wife called mentally ill BUT I did ask the initial question so there's no bad feelings meant, I'm merely only human with feelings. I talked to her as we watched TV last night and she herself said "maybe I am going mad", it was said in a half hearted way but I can say she and I have both had things happen we cannot explain and we had witnesses on almost all of the 5 times. I really have no explanation for what happened and it made no sense whatsoever to me or the people who saw these things.

I still as a logical person am compelled to be at odd with myself as to what we saw / heard but I do know others saw / heard too. Do you know how hard that is for a man who likes to logically break down events to make sense of them

Before I become more of the thread than I wanted to be you can read about how the mental issues affected / affect me from my blog link in the sig, I don't hear voices etc.

I'm an atheist for many reasons to boring to go into so talk of demons sort of goes on the 'Yeah, right' list almost instantly whereas my wife is religious but not in a must pray devote my life to god way, she just believes in a god being responsible for us while I don't, makes for some great conversations

But, back to the point, is my wife an out and out nutcase, no, not at all, could she be suffering from stress or a mental issue, I would hope not but I have to leave that as a possibility but I will say this does not manifest itself in any other part of her daily life, she does not go shopping and see dead people etc nor does she have the typical traits of a person suffering from a mental issue.

For me its like being stuck between a rock and a hard place, the head says there's no such thing as ghosts so makes her sound ill, then my mind says, but she's not ill I can see that. And then of course I have to make sense of what I've seen myself which I can't but logic says I saw, others saw so there must be an explanation that has a science base.

Apologies for rambling a tad, I guess I've really answered the very question I sought an answer for and got now thinking of it more the reactions I should have expected to get.

Thanks for all the posts people, unlike many this thread was not about stars, flags or attention, it was a mere question and its been answered.

Thanks for helping, appreciated......Read you later...

Paul...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Hiya mate, people have reported seeing apparitions forever. They might have one incident or several and don't have to suggest underlying mental illness.

I'm wondering about stress being a factor? Your circumstances must be a weight on both your minds and she's also worrying about you too. Stress is like rust when it comes to sleep and corrodes the quality in a way that self-perpetuates. So one bad night can lead to another and lead to a waking mind that is sort of soft around the edges and anxious. Jumpy too.

When these figures have been floating above your wife, the implication is she's lying in bed. If so, there's a good chance she's in a transitional state where the realm of sleep and wakefulness overlap. I've been there many times; the state that is and not your wife's bed. lol

Hypnopompia and hypnagogia fall either side of sleep and are the semi-awake dream-states where we can see and hear things that seem real. When I've hit a patch of exhaustion and bad sleep, I've heard voices in my ear and seen figures at the end of the bed. So for me, this would be the go-to explanation but I don't dismiss the reality that normal people occasionally see waking apparitions.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join