It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas District Court First to Apply “American Laws for American Courts”

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What this is all about:

American Laws for American Courts (ALAC) was crafted to protect American citizens’ constitutional rights against the infiltration and incursion of foreign laws and foreign legal doctrines, especially Islamic Shariah Law.

publicpolicyalliance.org...

In short, If your in America in a jurisdiction that employes ALAC the courts will only use the American regional and federal laws to try the case. Shariah Law cannot be used.

Why is this necessary?

Unfortunately, increasingly, foreign laws and legal doctrines, including Shariah law principles, are finding their way into US court cases.

Reviews of state laws provide extensive evidence that foreign laws and legal doctrines are introduced into US state court cases, including, notably, Islamic law known as Shariah, which is used in family courts and other courts in dozens of foreign Muslim-majority nations .

These foreign laws, frequently at odds with U.S. constitutional principles of equal protection and due process

publicpolicyalliance.org...

How ALAC helped win a Victory for American justice in a Kansas Court:

A Kansas district court is the first to recognize the possible application of the American Laws for American Courts (ALAC) law in a case where a party sought to enforce a sharia-law based contract. ALAC was adopted in Kansas earlier this year and it is based upon the model legislation drafted by AFLC Co-Founder and Senior Counsel David Yerushalmi.

First, the court noted that the woman’s lawyer had failed to provide a properly authenticated translation of the Farsi-language document so there was no way he could actually ascertain the meaning or the legality of the document.

Second, the court noted that even if he accepts the basic points of the mahr as agreed to between the parties, the court as an institution of government, could not possibly allow its enforcement. The court explained that one possible reason for this agreement’s invalidity, and this is key for our purposes, is that Kansas lawmakers passed a law–the Kansas version of ALAC–which would “preclude the courts from applying foreign law, legal codes or systems that violate the public policy of our state or federal constitutions.” Kan. Sess. Laws, Chap. 136, p. 1089-90 (2012). And, as the court noted, the law of the land under which the mahr was created–sharia–is so inimical to our basic constitutional principles (bedrock principles of liberty such as Due Process and Equal Protection) that to attempt to apply those laws to rule on the mahr’s validity might very likely violate Kansas’ ALAC.
blog.americanfreedomlawcenter.org...

There is much more at the two links above, I just gave a summery.

Worried that Shariah Law is getting into your court system? Want to be sure that those from other countries follow our American Laws instead of skirting the law by using their own countries rules and regulations? That is what American Laws for American Courts is all about. I think this is a wonderful piece of legislation and should be adopted by every court system in the USA.

Mods please move if needed, I didn't quite know where to put it. I didn't see a legal forum.

If you support this, Please check the website to see what you can do to help get this into a court system in your area. publicpolicyalliance.org...

edit on 21-9-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with using Shariah law in american courts. When it is used both parties agree to use it, it is not like they are being forced to "surrender to Shariah law"

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dnepropetrovsk
There is nothing wrong with using Shariah law in american courts. When it is used both parties agree to use it, it is not like they are being forced to "surrender to Shariah law"

Under Shariah law a husband can legally stone his wife to death. Do you want to see that happening in America?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Under Shariah law a husband can legally stone his wife to death. Do you want to see that happening in America?

Show me one case where that has happened in America or admit that you are blowing this out of proportion.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Show me one case where that has happened in America or admit that you are blowing this out of proportion.

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. Obviously the legislators who crafted the ALAC have studied the issues enough to feel this was warranted. The fact is the above Is acceptable under Shariah law and if Shariah Law is allowed to be used in America, it is only a matter of time before someone is stoned to death. Your attempt to railroad the issue isn't going to work.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm not blowing anything out of proportion. Obviously the legislators who crafted the ALAC have studied the issues enough to feel this was warranted. The fact is the above Is acceptable under Shariah law and if Shariah Law is allowed to be used in America, it is only a matter of time before someone is stoned to death. Your attempt to railroad the issue isn't going to work.

So in other words you are blowing this out of proportion and cannot provide one single case of anything even close to this happening in America, that is what i thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
For your consideration ATS, here are Thirty Shariah Laws That Are Bad For All Societies

More detailed information on each one plus the references these are from at the link

1. The mosque and state are not separate.
2. Jihad may be waged against injustice or an unjust nation, as Islam defines the terms.
3. Jihad may be waged to spread Islam and force conversions – a holy war.
4. A captive in jihad may be executed, enslaved, ransomed for money, exchanged for other prisoners, or released freely.
5. A woman captive of jihad may be forced to have to sex with her captors (now owners).
6. Property can be destroyed or confiscated during jihad.
7. Jihad may be waged to collect spoils.
8. A second-class submission tax, called the jizyah, must be imposed on Jews and Christians (and other religious minorities) living in Islamic countries.
9. Slavery is allowed.
10. A male owner may have sex with his slave-women, even prepubescent slave-girls.
11. Slaves may be beaten.
12. Apostasy laws, including imprisonment or execution, may be imposed on anyone who leaves Islam (an apostate).
13. Blasphemy laws, including imprisonment or execution, may be imposed on critics of Islam or Muhammad.
14. Drinkers and gamblers may be flogged.
15. An injured plaintiff (a private citizen) has the options of forgiving or exacting legal and literal revenge – physical eye for physical eye.
16. The hand of a male or female thief may be cut off.
17. A highway robber may be crucified or his alternate hand and foot cut off.
18. Homosexuals may be imprisoned, flogged, or executed.
19. Fornicators may be flogged.
20. Adulterers may be stoned to death.
21. False accusers of sexual crimes may be flogged eighty times.
22. A woman inherits half what a man does.
23. A woman’s testimony in a court of law counts half of a man’s testimony, since she might “forget.”
24. A man may legally and irrevocably divorce his wife, outside of a court of law, by correctly pronouncing three times “you are divorced.”
25. A wife may remarry her ex-husband if and only if she marries another man, has sex with him, and then this second man divorces her.
26. Husbands may hit their wives.
27. A man may be polygamous with up to four wives.
28. A man may simply get rid of one of his “undesirable” wives.
29. A mature man may marry a prepubescent girl.
30. A woman must wear a head covering and maybe a facial veil, according to sound traditions and authoritative classical law.

www.jihadwatch.org...

Now I ask again, does anyone really want these things taking place in America?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Indeed there is......

This is America, we use American courts and laws set down by our country......

Anyone wants sharia laws and sharia courts, then they can go to the countries where they were started and are used........

Separation of church and state, under sharia they are one and the same.....anyone who is a proponent of this should be against Sharia system in any court....

Dont like our system? Dont move here........
edit on 21-9-2012 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

For your consideration, here are Thirty Shariah Laws That Are Bad For All Societies

More detailed information on each one plus the references these are from at the link

2. Jihad may be waged against injustice or an unjust nation, as Islam defines the terms.
4. A captive in jihad may be executed, enslaved, ransomed for money, exchanged for other prisoners, or released freely.
5. A woman captive of jihad may be forced to have to sex with her captors (now owners).
8. A second-class submission tax, called the jizyah, must be imposed on Jews and Christians (and other religious minorities) living in Islamic countries.
9. Slavery is allowed.
10. A male owner may have sex with his slave-women, even prepubescent slave-girls.
12. Apostasy laws, including imprisonment or execution, may be imposed on anyone who leaves Islam (an apostate).
13. Blasphemy laws, including imprisonment or execution, may be imposed on critics of Islam or Muhammad.
15. An injured plaintiff (a private citizen) has the options of forgiving or exacting legal and literal revenge – physical eye for physical eye.
23. A woman’s testimony in a court of law counts half of a man’s testimony, since she might “forget.”
24. A man may legally and irrevocably divorce his wife, outside of a court of law, by correctly pronouncing three times “you are divorced.”
25. A wife may remarry her ex-husband if and only if she marries another man, has sex with him, and then this second man divorces her.
30. A woman must wear a head covering and maybe a facial veil, according to sound traditions and authoritative classical law.

www.jihadwatch.org...

show me one case of this stuff happening here. You like all the other islamophobes have no idea what is meant by foreign laws being upheld in the united states, you are completely ignorant on the subject.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Indeed there is......

Anyone wants sharia laws and sharia courts, then they can go to the countries where they were started and are used........

Separation of church and state, under sharia they are one and the same.....anyone who is a proponent of this should be against Sharia system in any court....

You like most americans have no idea what is meant by these laws being used in the USA, please read about it before you continue to go on in this fashion.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Indeed there is......

You like most americans have no idea what is meant by these laws being used in the USA, please read about it before you continue to go on in this fashion.

Actually I do, you have no idea what my experiences are or what what I do..........among them spending quality time in many countries where Sharia Law is implemented on a regular basis......

Im well aware of this system, how it operates and the agenda of its proponents......

But thank you for trying to turn this into an attack on me, instead of the actual issue

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dnepropetrovsk

show me one case of this stuff happening here. You like all the other islamophobes have no idea what is meant by foreign laws being upheld in the united states, you are completely ignorant on the subject.

Ahh I see, so people who wish to keep our court system beholden to laws (however flawed they are at times) and processes set fourth by our own country, FOR our own country, are now Islamaphobes?

Its a shame when people have to resort to making personal attacks on those who disagree with an outside source trying to dictate our system of law

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

[

Actually I do, you have no idea what my experiences are or what what I do..........among them spending quality time in many countries where Sharia Law is implemented on a regular basis......

I don't need to know anything about you to know that you know little about Sharia Law being implemented in the states. Your replies have clearly shown that you have no real knowledge on the subject. I could care less how they are implemented in another country because we are not talking about them being in another country we are talking about the US.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

[

I don't need to know anything about you to know that you know little about Sharia Law being implemented in the states. Your replies have clearly shown that you have no real knowledge on the subject. I could care less how they are implemented in another country because we are not talking about them being in another country we are talking about the US.

Ahh see, first you accuse me of knowing nothing, then you try to invalidate whatever insight I might have because it probably wont jive with your personal thoughts.....

That is the issue here, instead of listening to what truth is, instead of looking it from a standpoint of what should be allowed and what should not, you make it personal........

Im the one who has shown that I know NOTHING about it, yet youve yet to provide any evidence that you have any knowledge what so ever......

Interesting double standard there.....

Just FYI , this thread isnt about me.........its about Sharia Law being implemented into our judicial system......

I really dont care what capacity you "think" it might be used in, or the parameters that would be set forth for it to be used.........

It does not belong in our system......

If they want to use Sharia Law, let them stay, or return to a country who uses it in their system of law......

It is not the job of the United States, to conform to a group of people who do not wish to abide by the laws and standards already set forth in the country they are in.......

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

For your consideration, here are Thirty Shariah Laws That Are Bad For All Societies

9. Slavery is allowed.

www.jihadwatch.org...

Nobody should have to show you anything. I personally don't care if any of it has happened or not....yet. Evidently the courts in Kansas see a necessity to clarify their stance for some reason. One little chink broken in our armor against such hideous laws, and you get that much closer to "fundamentally transforming America".

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

If they want to use Sharia Law, let them stay, or return to a country who uses it in their system of law......

Another clear example that you have no idea what you are talking about. Sharia law is used in civil cases where both parties request a Muslim arbitrator. Both parties can request one and work out their contract dispute, marriage or will probate according to Sharia law if they choose. The Jews have been doing this forever now and nobody is fearful of the jews taking over the US legal system www.bethdin.org...
Also a US judge cannot choose to overrule the constitution so all the beheading and stoning crap could never fly in a US court, death penalties are handed out by criminal courts which no foreign court can overrule.A judge can also decide that he does not want to enforce an aspect of Sharia Law if he chooses.
edit on 21-9-2012 by Dnepropetrovsk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
In every society there are people who take the law into their own hands. We see people in Muslim countries being the judge jury and executioner without having ever going into a Shariah court. They act as if they already know the law will be on their side and don't bother to go to court. If they did go to court afterwards all they would have to do is say, " My wife was having an affair so I stoned her in accordance with our laws." If he could produce proof of this to the judge, then he will walk free. Why do people do this? Because they feel comfortable that their laws will protect them.

If Shariah law were commonplace in the USA people would do the same thing here after a while. This we want to prevent before it happens. It matters not that some of the things on that list hasn't happened yet.

Really, Dnepropetrovsk, all I did was report some information yet you claim I am making too much of this. You seem to be believe there is nothing to this, that it's silly, it's overkill. If you feel that way, why do you protest so much?

Why do you want this Shariah Law in the USA so badly? Why are you not content simply to follow our existing laws? Answer those 3 last questions please.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

For your consideration ATS, here are Thirty Shariah Laws That Are Bad For All Societies

9. Slavery is allowed.

www.jihadwatch.org...

These things should all be banned everywhere in the world.
Islam is a political terrorist conspiracy to take over the world.

6. Lands must be conquered. Lands that Islam has lost must be reconquered, like Spain and Israel, for example. The Islamic empire must continually expand. Contraction is bad, expansion is good. So if a land was once Islamic and now it is not, that is contraction, and must be remedied.

According to this meme, the earth is Allah's. If there are parts of the earth not following Islamic law, it is the duty of the faithful to gain control of that land and establish Shari'a. It is a sin to let it be.t

edit on 21-9-2012 by WakeUpNowSnap because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

show me one case of this stuff happening here.

"30. A woman must wear a head covering and maybe a facial veil, according to sound traditions and authoritative classical law. "

so that does not occur in the USA? Funny, when I was over there I saw some Islamic women dressed that way.

also see www.google.com.au... Jp4HgDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=921

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

This guy thought it was okay to kill both is daughters

The Egyptian-born cab driver suspected in the 2008 "honor killing" of his two daughters in Texas because they were dating non-Muslim boys

Link

top topics

<<   2 >>

join