It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

J.F.K. Assassination revisited.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I recently finished this book:

“On the Trail of the Assassins: My Investigation and Prosecution of the Murder of President Kennedy” by Jim Garrison

amzn.to...

I was always convinced that Oswald did not act alone. It seems to me that this execution was executed in a manner so precise that it just boggles my mind that one guy could do it alone. However, I do have some doubts about Garrison's hunch that Clay Shaw and friends were the guys behind the whole thing. I believe that he did scratch the surface, but he just went into the wrong direction by spending time investiagting local thugs. Does anyone else agree that Oswald was helped, but not by the guys that Garrison thought.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
It's a tough subject for me because I have read the book you just finished and I found it compelling. Much like the JFK movie, based on the Garrison actions. It's hard to argue.....

Then again though, I also read "Reclaiming History: The Assassination of President John F. Kennedy" by Vincent Bugliosi. In that book, almost every aspect of conspiracy theory is systematically looked at, turned different ways, and generally torn apart. That too is a very compelling book with very well thought out evidence. Bugliosi also has a history and background in his own right for credibility.

So..where is the truth? Well... I don't think Oswald was more than a front man. Maybe he knew he was a part of something larger....maybe he never did. Maybe he was entirely willing and maybe it came as a shock out of nowhere that he was the man of honor for the whole thing. The only thing I know for sure is that files exist on this and they exist by the truck load with classification dates good for a few more decades, last I knew.

Our Kid's kids will know what really happened.....at least someone might, someday.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I really believe we will never get all the true facts. But this got me thinking.... weren't there suppose to be some documents to be unsealed 50 years after the assassination???

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Absoluttruth

I think he went in the direction of local thugs for a damn good reason. Anything remotely pointing to the absolute may not be compatible with life.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I do understand the logic of why he started on a local level. And while I did find many of his arguments compelling, I just wasn't convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that these were the guys that he was looking for. However, I definitely think that he hit the nail on the head while dissecting the peculiarities of Oswald's background.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The problem with the truckload of documents surrounding this event, we won't see the ones we will ever need to see!!!

We will get to see the roundabout ways they have Oswald pegged to this assassination....

The truth doesn't have to be revealed, they can release what they want, just as usual.......They have 50 years to hide whatever they don't want us to see....

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

The truth doesn't have to be revealed, they can release what they want, just as usual.......They have 50 years to hide whatever they don't want us to see....

What a depressing thing to say...and all the more so to realize you're pretty much correct too. I suppose the concept of 'time locked' classification of documents was logical at one time. I mean the idea being that no one directly a part of the event could still be alive to be hurt. That didn't account for the years upon years of lies built on lies following a thing like JFK, huh?

top topics

join