It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 Survivor surfed debris of collapsing tower

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
9/11 Survivor Surfed debris

Eleven years ago, Pasquale Buzzelli somehow survived the attacks of Sept. 11 when he rode a wave of debris while falling nearly 20 stories inside the collapsing North Tower of the World Trade Center.

I'm a little surprised this hasnt been posted on ATS. It is a very interesting story of survival, and yeah, it does seem a little out there, but it is entirely plausible.

Also gives us a rare account of what was happening inside the Tower as it fell. It indicates, to me, that as the tower was collapsing, the exterior columns were being forced out by the force of the top section coming down. It severed the floors themselves from the horizontal forces of the exterior columns, causing the floors to drop and giving this guy a ride of his life. Also gives us another interesting tidbit. NO mention of explosives. If there were, this guy wouldnt be here to talk about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

You take the term "explosives" the wrong way. Nano thermite, if that is what was used does not explode like an atomic bomb. It creates extrememly high temperatures hot enough to melt steel....

Just because people think they heard or didn't hear explosions really doesn't tell me anything.....An explosion could be heard if an entire story of a building hit the one below it in freefall.......Doesn't mean there was ever an explosion, but it might have sounded like it to someone...

But on the topic of this guy, good for him if this actually happened!! Good to hear of stories of people surviving terrible events such as this was!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
9/11 Survivor Surfed debris

Eleven years ago, Pasquale Buzzelli somehow survived the attacks of Sept. 11 when he rode a wave of debris while falling nearly 20 stories inside the collapsing North Tower of the World Trade Center.

I'm a little surprised this hasnt been posted on ATS. It is a very interesting story of survival, and yeah, it does seem a little out there, but it is entirely plausible.

Also gives us a rare account of what was happening inside the Tower as it fell. It indicates, to me, that as the tower was collapsing, the exterior columns were being forced out by the force of the top section coming down. It severed the floors themselves from the horizontal forces of the exterior columns, causing the floors to drop and giving this guy a ride of his life. Also gives us another interesting tidbit. NO mention of explosives. If there were, this guy wouldnt be here to talk about it.

Take into consideration the idea that the entire building wouldn't have needed to be lined with explosives. He was on the bottom of the tower, 22nd floor, exactly 1/5th the height of the building. I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right, just saying consider the thought. He also opened his eyes, and he saw nothing but clear skies which means he wasn't under the 88 stories that collapsed above him. (something weird about that to me, as well as him being able to see clear skies without that huge dust cloud in the sky) Whatever the case, he is lucky to be alive

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What an amazing story of survival. I can only imagine the relief he and his family must have felt that he survived such a tragic incident. Man!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
You take the term "explosives" the wrong way. Nano thermite, if that is what was used does not explode like an atomic bomb. It creates extrememly high temperatures hot enough to melt steel....

Ok, but, also NO mention of anything that indicates Nano thermite. If Nano thermite was used, there should be evidence of it right?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

Ok, but, also NO mention of anything that indicates Nano thermite. If Nano thermite was used, there should be evidence of it right?

Experts Urging Broader Inquiry in Towers' Fall -12/25/01- NY Times

The exact scope of an expanded inquiry has not been defined. But the central desire is to learn any lessons that might be hidden in the rubble and to pinpoint the exact sequence and cause of the collapse, regardless of whether it was inevitable from the moment the planes struck, members of the investigative team and others said.

In calling for a new investigation, some structural engineers have said that one serious mistake has already been made in the chaotic aftermath of the collapses: the decision to rapidly recycle the steel columns, beams and trusses that held up the buildings. That may have cost investigators some of their most direct physical evidence with which to try to piece together an answer.

Some experts have suggested that the only way to definitively determine the sequence and cause of the collapse is to recover large amounts of steel from the areas near where the planes struck, and possibly reassemble sections of the towers.

Others say such a reconstruction of an entire section might be impractical, but also expressed discomfort with the impediments they said they have faced in their investigation.

For example, three months after the disaster, Ronald Hamburger, an expert in structural analysis at A.B.S. Consulting in Oakland, Calif., and a director of the National Council of Structural Engineers Associations, said he had not even been given access to basic blueprints describing where the steel and other structural elements had been when the World Trade Center was whole.

How can we be so sure if we don't have the evidence? Within 4 months it was all being shipped and recycled. (as states in every other thread here) And plus this guy's story didn't include much detail besides he curled up into a fetal position, closed his eyes, then opened his eyes, and he could see the sky.
edit on 21-9-2012 by homervb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I remember these stories there were quite a few of them actually. This amazing story says only that miracles do happen...

Snopes has a cool article about it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by homervb
How can we be so sure if we don't have the evidence?

So sure of what? That there is no evidence? You are asking me how we can be so sure that there is no evidence when there is no evidence?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

So sure of what? That there is no evidence? You are asking me how we can be so sure that there is no evidence when there is no evidence?

I'm sorry, bad wording. How can we be so sure if we don't have the pieces to investigate

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm sorry, bad wording. How can we be so sure if we don't have the pieces to investigate

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I dont know why people cant see the fact that if 911 happened the way the government said or the way the truth movement said (controlled demolition, Thermite). Either way this person and every one in the nearby vicinity would have been crushed by debris from 2 500,000 ton buildings. There would also need to be a 12 story ruble pile if it was CD. Notice the comment about him being able to see blue sky above him? The buildings where just turned to dust.
edit on 21-9-2012 by BriGuyTM90 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Thje last survivor rescued from WTC. Genelle Guzmzn (now Genelle Guzman-McmIllian) has a similar story

She was trapped in the rubble for over 24 hours before being rescued

Pasquale Buzzelli, a structural engineer for the Port Authority, and Genelle Guzman, a secretary, were in offices on the 64th floor of the North Tower when the building was hit. Buzzelli and 15 co-workers thought they would be safer remaining in the building and stayed until the South Tower came down, which shook their office. Then smoke started to come in and they decided to evacuate via the B stairwell. The group spread out as they descended, with Buzzelli and Guzman ahead of the others. They had reached the lower floors when the Tower began to come down. Buzzelli and Guzman, who were together at the time, remember their location differently -- he thinking the 22nd and she the 13th floor. Buzzelli was knocked unconscious for three hours, and awoke on a hill of rubble, looking at the sky. Suffering from a broken foot, cuts and a concussion, he was extracted by rescue workers and evacuated on a stretcher. Guzman, who was just below the surface, was rescued more than 27 hours after the Tower fell. Her leg was crushed but she fully recovered within four months.

Then there were the 14 survivors in Stairway B of North Tower - they by luck found a spot which escaped destruction

People in the same stairwell near them were fatally injured

Lt. Mike Warchola and his Ladder 5 crew were assisting a civilian who was having chest pains on the stairway landing on the 12th floor of the North Tower. Immediately following the collapse of the South Tower, Fellow Fireman Chief Jay Jonas decided to evacuate and was helping a civilian back down the stairs when he saw Mike. "Mike, let's go, it's time to go!", Jay said. "It's OK, Jay, you have your civilian; we have ours. We will be right behind you."

Shortly thereafter, the North Tower collapsed.

Miraculously, 14 people survived the collapse in the B Stairwell of the North Tower. Joe Jonas was one of them. As he found himself in a pile of rubble, amongst a bed of twisted steel and debris, he heard over his radio the final mayday call for Lt. Mike Warchola. "Mayday Mayday Mayday. This is the officer of Ladder Company 5. I'm in the B stairway on the 12th floor. I'm trapped and I'm hurt bad." Jonas had no way to get to Mike. He gave out his third Mayday and that was the last they heard from Mike

On the Friday following September 11, Mike Warchola's body was found in a stairwell of the crumbled tower along with a young woman he was apparently trying to rescue

On September 11th, several firemen were trapped under the debris after the north tower collapsed. There were many mayday calls over their radios, one of them was Chief Prunty. “Listen,” he says, “you have to get here quick.” He was trapped in the lobby. He said his legs were pinned by an I beam and he was feeling numb and starting to lose consciousness. Several firemen who were also trapped in the collapse heard his call and asked him to hold on, try to stay awake, they would try and get to him. Try to stay alive. At that point Chief Prunty said “Tell my wife and kids that I love them.” Hours passed and they never heard from Chief Prunty again.

Battalion Chief Richard Prunty lost his life on that horrible day.

Attended a seminar several months after 9/11 and heard one the survivors, Jay jonas, speak of his ordeal

A vulcanologist noticed the damage patterns at WTC were similar to one he had seen and formulated a theory
as why some locations were able to avoid damage

Video was made and plays on some cable stations (Discovery channel) from time to time

Here is exceprt from "AMERICAN VESUVIUS"

vimeo.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

There was a 7 story basement under the WTC

Much of the debris wound up into basement

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So, nothing came down hitting him, but he was FALLING. How does that work out in a building COLLAPSING?

Ain't that same as saying "floors below me just gave up" ... ?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by homervb

We do have enough pieces to rule out thermite or explosives. I am not sure what it is exactly you want to be sure of though.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We do have enough pieces to rule out thermite or explosives.

That statement is patently false. Maybe in your mind and in your opinion there's enough pieces to rule out explosives, but the reality is that is completely false and inaccurate.

Evidence doesn't consist of only the physical kind. Evidence also consists of audio/video recordings and witness testimony. We don't need the physical pieces of explosives to prove there were explosives. There are enough videos and witness testimony to prove explosives were used at the WTC.

Numerous witness saw flashes with popping sounds on the lower floors of the towers while the buildings were collapsing up above. Numerous witnesses saw, heard, and felt explosions. Numerous witnesses heard timed booms as both towers collapsed.

You can hear explosions in video from almost two miles away. And you can see some of those explosions in the form of isolated ejections:

Anyone can sit in their armchair all day long and attempt to explain those isolated ejections away as mere puffs of air from floors compressing together. But anyone who knows how the floors were constructed will immediately know that it's not possible for something like that to happen.

However, I can show image after image of isolated ejections from controlled demolitions all day long. One can hypothesize on what the isolated ejections are caused by, but when explosions and flashes are present, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that the isolated ejections are from explosives being detonated at the WTC, just as isolated ejections are from explosives being detonated in controlled demolitions.

So, no, there aren't anywhere near enough pieces to rule out explosives. In fact, every single piece of evidence indicates that explosives are the only explanation.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Hey was just thinking about the "isolated" ejections from reading your post, it's like my 'isolated' damage bump on the North Tower face argument, i.e. there should be no image of an isolated damage bump on the face of the tower, especially out near the right wing tip etc.

Likewise, if these "isolated ejections" are being caused by successive floor falling why are they spaced as they are and not unevenly spaced or happening at EVERY floor? Were the windows in the center of the towers weaker every 10 floors or so? Come on.

Erratic uneven ejections or ejections at every floor...

Cheers

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

the exterior columns were being forced out by the force of the top section coming down.

Yet the top sections of either tower never stayed together in one piece to actually crush either building. Not to mention that the top section of the south tower tilted and was destroyed in mid air. And thus not able to crush the lower part of the building.

NO mention of explosives.

He said he heard loud noise from above. Explosives are loud.

Many controlled demolitions employ two types of explosives to bring a building down. They use a few powerful explosives (isolated ejections) and then lots of smaller explosives. The towers employed the same. Several powerful explosives (isolated ejections) and dozens, if not hundreds of smaller explosives, which was the loud roar everyone heard as the towers collapsed.

That roar can be heard miles away, which indicates the roar was caused by explosives, not by building parts crashing into each other.

So, the loud noise he heard above was not only building parts crashing into each other, but a much louder noise of dozens/hundreds of smaller explosives being detonated.

edit on 21-9-2012 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOwned

It could be that parts of the inside of the tower were collapsing at a different rate than the outside, leading to varied pressure by debris. All it takes is for a falling steel beam to hit a window the right way and it creates a conduit for dust, debris, and air to pour out. I personally don't see any uniformity in it.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by NWOwned

It could be that parts of the inside of the tower were collapsing at a different rate than the outside, leading to varied pressure by debris. All it takes is for a falling steel beam to hit a window the right way and it creates a conduit for dust, debris, and air to pour out. I personally don't see any uniformity in it.

I'm trying hard here to visualize what you are suggesting.

First of all, what 'falling steel beam'?

You mean from the core? One of the vertical core beams? You got any evidence of ANY core beam at all falling other than straight down? You have evidence any core beams "fell over"?

Seems to me, all we have evidence for as it pertains to core beams is falling pretty much straight down as with the 'spire'. Wouldn't it be doubly hard then to 'visualize' beams doing anything other than the spire when none of those core beams fell sideways or over?

Second, if the building is collapsing on the inside and the window gets poked out and debris slides down a beam channel (this what you mean?) then how do you figure that would happen? That a beam from higher up 'falls over' and punctures a floor or two (or 4 or 6) BELOW and then angles toward the lower window? Isn't the collapse wave (if I can say that) ahead of these 'falling beams' (we have zero evidence for) on the way down?

Like if the 'collapse wave' is floors impacting floors then the isolated expulsion of material would be just as the higher floor(s) strike the floor above the expulsion right? There's no time for 'falling beams' to do the job etc.

Also, are you saying you don't think the collapsing and pancaking floors are the cause of the expulsions? This is generally where I'm at, if it was floors impacting floors there would be more ejections in many more windows. (But alas I'm not going for the lone poking beams theory.)

Third, what would you say if I showed you a screen shot of two expulsions, same floor, two different sides of the same building? What would that be two lucky 'falling beams' on the same floor?

Please explain in greater detail, if you will, what you mean by 'falling beam', what evidence do you have for them and can you show how they would be a factor at all with what I describe above as the velocity of the descending 'collapse wave'.

Thanks

Cheers
edit on 22-9-2012 by NWOwned because: spelling

<<   2  3  4 >>

join