It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out with the old ATS and in with the new, who is with me?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Captain...the crew are revolting!

Yuk...they are revolting!

A99

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Much like the metric system, ATS nowadays is the tool of the devil.

Change is welcomed by me, but only if it is positive, otherwise it will become another Hoagland site.

It is everyone's responsibility to ensure this happens.

Oh and you "youngens" really need to bring back the guitar solo.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
No doubt more guitar solo!
I often wonder if the former high profile members were banned or just moved on to other avatars and agendas.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The old ATS? The stories are just the same old regurgitated conspiracies anyway aren;t they?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by Doodle19815

Truth hurts.. This site actually WAS a lot better a few years ago, before the 15 and 16 year old kids discovered it.
Nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

You registered this year are you meaning yourself? Are you one of the 16-17 year olds?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Originally posted by blupblup

ATS is like a big, dysfunctional family.

Hi Bro'

------------------

I am one of those who miss the older feel of this site and unless a person has experienced it they cannot say whether it was better than it is now, they can only comment on how they see it at present.

Sure, people will complain regardless of how long they've been here but the quality of content HAS degraded and it is also diluted with way more spam than was acceptable in years before.

ATS mods having to keep up with the site's momentum, issues and changes over the years shows just what an incredible job they do. Thanks.

I continue to lurk but will jump on heads that are not used wisely.

I was interested in what the "quality content" used to be one day and started searching subjects I find interesting. You know what...the same subjects and the same arguments and even the same exact sentences and words are there in the old threads, even the titles are often exactly the same.

I did notice there was less staring and flagging.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
There are alternatives to ATS. I myself surf quite a few of them. One of my favorites is a site with moderation similar to ATS - meaning you don't have to read through 90 obscene posts to find one quality post. It's a really good site.

The downfall is that I check it once per month and it is uncommon to find a single new post there - even after 30 days. On ATS? I can hit "refresh" - even at 3:00 in the morning, even on a weekend night - and almost always see a new post to read.

As for giving way to the new members? You realize the second that happened - if it could happen - an entire flock of new members would show up and post threads just like this one.

~Heff
edit on 9/21/12 by Hefficide because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Truth hurts.. This site actually WAS a lot better a few years ago, before the 15 and 16 year old kids discovered it.

You registered this year are you meaning yourself? Are you one of the 16-17 year olds?

Haa. Thats all you have to say in this thread? Been around here for years, not that its any of your business

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Reeelax and enjoy the day or night, whichever it is where you are. Worn out tired conspiracies.. bah! There is no such thing as a worn out conspiracy! We can always add more spice to it.
Now hush and watch the video.. I believe they are the Gods of Conspiracy ......or doomtards. He has a magnificent beard though. Pick it apart.. neat song.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Everyone seems to be missing the point here. ATS is just another form of media for all of us, but its different in that the content of most of the topics make us think out of the box. It could be ideas, theories or just plain hoaxes and we are all coming here to take it all in because it is something different.
I would bet that most ATS members do not trust traditional news outlets for information and consider some of it propaganda. But just maybe, by coming here we might catch a glimpse of something that is tangible and true because it is not managed by the people behind the curtain. We come here because we do not want to be lead to a conclusion about anything. I for one want to be inspired by an idea and then continue to surf the net on that topic to see where it takes me.
How many of us would rather look into the pyramids, the crystal skulls, or the Illuminati instead of watching some sitcom littered with commercials? This is where our adventures begin. This is where we choose to spend our time.
I consider ATS and the whole ATS community a gift regardless of age.
edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: error

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Haa. Thats all you have to say in this thread? Been around here for years, not that its any of your business

Just asking politely sorry if I ticked you off...and no I had more to say on this thread, you must have missed my 2 cents worth.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
How did this come to an argument about age? Ideas are good regardless of age or how long somebody has been here. The real squabble should be about numbers. The number of members has increase exponentially. So in turn the number of lame posts has also increased.
I would argue that the age of author has no bearing on how lame the post is on this site.
edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: ehh

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: e

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
There are alternatives to ATS. I myself surf quite a few of them. One of my favorites is a site with moderation similar to ATS - meaning you don't have to read through 90 obscene posts to find one quality post. It's a really good site.

The downfall is that I check it once per month and it is uncommon to find a single new post there - even after 30 days. On ATS? I can hit "refresh" - even at 3:00 in the morning, even on a weekend night - and almost always see a new post to read.

As for giving way to the new members? You realize the second that happened - if it could happen - an entire flock of new members would show up and post threads just like this one.

~Heff
edit on 9/21/12 by Hefficide because: typo

I agree that ats is the best but the point being made is that it is a bit less than what it was. The bar has been lowered and it's not due to any single mod or policy but a gathering of agendas that obscure the former boundaries. Without getting too much brown stuff on my nose i can say that there is a few minds here that keep up the former level of thought. The problem is that art imitates life very much and we have taken a majority turn to a downward spiral.

One major problem i see is secondary accounts. Some people choose to use another account to flame or disagree without reflection on the top 50 here on ats. That's my opinion and we all know were full of them.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatKnot
How did this come to an argument about age? Ideas are good regardless of age or how long somebody has been here. The real squabble should be about numbers. The number of members has increase exponentially. So in turn the number of lame posts has also increased.
I would argue that the age of author has no bearing on how lame the post is on this site.
edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: ehh

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: e

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: (no reason given)

EXACTLY. Like was discussed on another thread.. lame posts and threads.. they can be dealt with by US, we members actually control this board you know
If we let them wither and die on the vine... they stop being made or they person learns or they go elsewhere. Stop replying. They can have all the stupid flags they want, if they arent replied to.. they die off. There are cycles on thi board.. and if you have been here any amt of time you see it if you look. Surges of new members and subjects.. then a die off. This last one was a huge surge in 2008. I htink its still surging. LOL!
Age.. nothing to do with it. There are some really brilliant young folks on here.... and some really moronic oldsters.
This as well.. psychological problems have nothing to do with it either. Ive been literally blown off my chair by some folks who are avoided or shunned by the closed minded in real life.. yet have their outlet here to explore some theories and concepts. I do not envy the dark side of bipolar or schizophrenia.. but boy do I envy those bursts of genius! I am so appreciative that we all have a way to experience it here.

IMO there is no out with the old and in with the new.. there is only expansion and growth. Depends on which way we want to expand. I have faith that we will never go the way a certain board has. The old will always be here. They will go away for whatever reason and come back reincarnated. I did.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

While reading your post i thought about the mission of ATS.
What is its purpose according to the administrators?
I am not finding anything about purpose or a mission statement anywhere. The only thing I have found here is the words"DENY IGNORANCE".
Because of this I am concluding that it is important to them to allow all of the members to have the freedom to say what they want and then let the rest of the members sort it out by responding to any given post like you said. They allow tolerance and the opinion of the populous to sort out good ideas. The problems lie in topics like this one where members are displaying a lack of tolerance towards new ideas or try to blame new members for creating an undesirable atmosphere in the site.
When a person discovers this site they are bombarded with new information. It might be possible that some members have been around for too long and just aren't getting the same mental fix that they used to.

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: all thumbs

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: ajdgf

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Ahhhh, good music, good company, and I am starting to feel the effects of the cold one Jugg drank for me.

This is why I love ATS.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatKnot
reply to post by Advantage

While reading your post i thought about the mission of ATS.
What is its purpose according to the administrators?
I am not finding anything about purpose or a mission statement anywhere. The only thing I have found here is the words"DENY IGNORANCE".
Because of this I am concluding that it is important to them to allow all of the members to have the freedom to say what they want and then let the rest of the members sort it out by responding to any given post like you said. They allow tolerance and the opinion of the populous to sort out good ideas. The problems lie in topics like this one where members are displaying a lack of tolerance towards new ideas or try to blame new members for creating an undesirable atmosphere in the site.
When a person discovers this site they are bombarded with new information. It might be possible that some members have been around for too long and just aren't getting the same mental fix that they used to.

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: all thumbs

edit on 21-9-2012 by WhatKnot because: ajdgf

Board mission? We, the membership, decide it. If they told me what the board's or my mission was.. I wouldnt be here. Denying ignorance is just a catch phrase. I have heard the explanations for it.. who cares. It means what anyone wants it to mean. SOme love it, some hate it, some use it against others.
I really dont care it the thing was Deny Diarrhea.. I come here to talk to people I have no opportunity to in real life, learn things, express my feelings on things as I dont talk a lot in real life, and feel the connection to those I can understand.

This topic DOES cause division.. it also , as you can see, creates understanding. We will NEVER have a total utopian consensus about anything.. and thank goodness for it. MOST of us can hold a civil and sometimes even hotly debated conversation.. those that cant should be shunned until they can. It really detracts from things. There are MANY of us who can argue till the cows come home and be pretty snotty, but in the end we appreciate a great conversation and learning experience... and appreciate the person or people who participate in it.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

You may be one of the grumpy ones in 10 years.

Lets look at culture in general. In the 1980's when I grew up, movies were better, music was better, the news was better, school was better etc.

Of course thats just my opinion, and perhaps its because I was growing up then. I actually loved B-movies like Kickboxer and Commando so what can I say....

edit on 22-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I miss the big hair.... loved the girls with the big hair.

~Heff

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Bodhi911

I miss the big hair.... loved the girls with the big hair.

~Heff

There is this girl at work with big hair.... she is absolutely stunning. My focus is totally destroyed when she is in the room.

Damn the females...

edit on 22-9-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join