Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Did Obama Just Buy A $35,000,000.00 Luxury Retirement Mansion In Hawaii?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
Ooooo...I luv the kitchen (lovely marble counters) and I don't think the pool is too small.
I wonder how close it is to the golf courses.

For $29,000,000 i could have done a better job.

The home theater is also all wrong.

The front of the house is downright depressing.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
If true, it would be typical of Obama, who doesn't really care about the Lower- or Middle-Class.
If false, it would be typical of the media to report on things that haven't been verified.

Can't trust either of them.

reply to post by OneisOne

I don't really know what you said, but you have a picture of Virginia Mayo as your avatar, so you get a star.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

You have to remember how expensive oceanfront real estate in Hawaii must be. Anywhere else in the country, this home would probably sell for $5,000,000.00+...if that.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

You have to remember how expensive oceanfront real estate in Hawaii must be. Anywhere else in the country, this home would probably sell for $5,000,000.00+...if that.

According to Zillow.com, it's only 1.5 acres but has a house with a total of 16,021 sq. ft.

The guest quarters is perfect for the Secret Service.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

C'mon people...is it REALLY that hard to check your sources?

The first link you provided doesn't mention Obama or any other politicians name at all. It just an article about a really freaking expensive house in Hawaii.

The other three "sources" you mentioned ALL cite their only "source" as being a single article on WND.com.

The WND article, in turn, simply states that "unnamed sources" provided them with hearsay. Also note...WND.com is geared towards the religious right and also routinely publishes articles which also assert that Creationism is a viable scientific theory.

There is zero empirical evidence to suggest that anything is this story is true, except for the fact that there is a mansion for sale in Hawaii and it's really expensive.

So...I guess because it's in Hawaii...then Obama must be in the market for it, huh?

As a guy who supports Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, I will ask you people to quit this nonsense again. Making ridiculous and unfounded claims in an attempt to defame Obama simply undermines everyone else who has coherent arguments against his presidency. In short, you make us look stupid thereby helping Obama to get re-elected.

Say whatever you want...but JUST CHECK YOUR SOURCES before pawning off such ridiculous nonsense as being "fact" or even "plausible hypothesis"...because it's not. It's just plain nuts.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Penny Pritzker is obviously extremely wealthy and has been keeping a very low profile in the Obama circle.
It would probably be next to impossible to get her to go on the record about her brokering this deal for the Obamas--at least until AFTER the elections.

“Donors have asked, ‘Where’s Penny?’ ” said Andy Spahn, a Democratic consultant in Los Angeles who works with prominent Hollywood supporters. “We have called her and not gotten callbacks.”

Pritzker's family is among the most powerful in Chicago and Forbes rated her on the "America's Wealthiest" list in 2010 with an estimated worth of $1.7 billion. Considering the 53-year-old Hyatt Hotel scion could easily close the $35 gap without breaking the bank, losing her support would be a huge blow to the Obama campaign."

Source:
www.nbcchicago.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
internet sources !

it must be true !

does anyone have a copy of the sale certificate ?

did hey post a .pdf yet ?

No. That would imply that someone actually took the time to look up the publicly accessible information in Hawaii's at the real estate transfer office.

It's way easier to just take hearsay from an "unknown source" that originated on a "news" website that caters to the religious right at face value. Why would you want to actually research something when the assertion being made reinforces what you WISH to be true?

Due diligence and fact checking is just plain un-American.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
The obvious operative, however, is rumored

~Heff

I'm sorry...but that manner of thinking is just too logical and sane. Just because all the "sources"o this " stem from a single article on a religious-right "news" website that is prefaced by the disclaimer that it's 100% hearsay from an "unknown source" doesn't mean we shouldn't blindly accept it at face value.

...after all...it agrees with the conclusion that so many people wish/hope to find...so why would facts, empirical evidence, or sound documentation matter?

Burn the witch! Burn the witch!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Penny Pritzker is obviously extremely wealthy and has been keeping a very low profile in the Obama circle.
It would probably be next to impossible to get her to go on the record about her brokering this deal for the Obamas--at least until AFTER the elections.

“Donors have asked, ‘Where’s Penny?’ ” said Andy Spahn, a Democratic consultant in Los Angeles who works with prominent Hollywood supporters. “We have called her and not gotten callbacks.”

Pritzker's family is among the most powerful in Chicago and Forbes rated her on the "America's Wealthiest" list in 2010 with an estimated worth of $1.7 billion. Considering the 53-year-old Hyatt Hotel scion could easily close the $35 gap without breaking the bank, losing her support would be a huge blow to the Obama campaign."

Source:
www.nbcchicago.com...

Penny Pritzker could use her $1.7 Billion net worth and hire a lawyer to buy the house.

We won't have to wait long to find out.

It's a pretty good bet that the election i s already over.

Gallup: Romney 47% / Obama 47%

Rasmussen: Romney 46% / Obama 46%

The undecided will vote for President Mitt Romney.

--------
Obama's new address January 21, 2012:

210 North Kalaheo Avenue
Kailua, Hawaii 96734

$29,000,000

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It also looks as if negotiations for the Obama presidential library to be located nearby the house in Hawaii are winning out over Chicago.

"President Barack Obama may not leave the White House for another four years, but the University of Hawaii is already competing with Chicago to host his presidential library, with the state offering locations in Honolulu's Kakaako neighborhood and at the university's new West Oahu campus as potential sites to house the Hawaii-born president's records.
Hawaii News Now reports that Reed Dasenbrock, vice chancellor for academic affairs at the UH Manoa campus, said faculty members have met with officials from other presidential libraries, which attract hundreds of thousands of visitors each year."

Source:
www.bizjournals.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It also looks as if negotiations for the Obama presidential library to be located nearby the house in Hawaii are winning out over Chicago.

"President Barack Obama may not leave the White House for another four years, but the University of Hawaii is already competing with Chicago to host his presidential library, with the state offering locations in Honolulu's Kakaako neighborhood and at the university's new West Oahu campus as potential sites to house the Hawaii-born president's records.
Hawaii News Now reports that Reed Dasenbrock, vice chancellor for academic affairs at the UH Manoa campus, said faculty members have met with officials from other presidential libraries, which attract hundreds of thousands of visitors each year."

Source:
www.bizjournals.com...

Chicago is a war zone.

The library would get trashed.

Put it somewhere safe like Oahu.

----------
This will be the Electoral Map November 7, 2012.

Right click and save.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The public schools are probably a lot better for the girls in Hawaii, as well.
Oh wait, they go to private schools, yes?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The public schools are probably a lot better for the girls in Hawaii, as well.
Oh wait, they go to private schools, yes?

Yes, of course.

Also, no more severe winter weather to contend with.

Welcome to the tropics!

--- Aloha ! ---

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Source:
www.nbcchicago.com...

Penny Pritzker could use her $1.7 Billion net worth and hire a lawyer to buy the house.

--------

210 North Kalaheo Avenue
Kailua, Hawaii 96734

$29,000,000

The undecided will vote for Romney? You sound pretty sure of yourself, considering history, sentiment, and polls indicate overwhelming support for Obama over Romney, among undecided voters. Let's just hope Obama wins (assuming no miracle Paul or Johnson victory.) between the two, they're both bad for Americans, but Obama is at least not actively pushing for a major war with Iran on behalf of Israel.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012[/i

Best to not use Rasmussen. They are a conservative nonsense poll.

TIME has described Rasmussen Reports as a "conservative-leaning polling group". According to Charles Franklin, a University of Wisconsin political scientist who co-developed Pollster.com, “He [Rasmussen] polls less favorably for Democrats, and that’s why he’s become a lightning rod." Franklin also said: "It’s clear that his results are typically more Republican than the other person’s results

Personally I think they are doing a disservice to the conservative party...its one thing to accept your a bit down and need to get up..but to say "we are a tie" then get blown out of the water...not only are they destroying their say, but also they anger the people they cater to by giving them false info for ??? reason (I guess to corner the crazy market verses try to be a real poll company).

The Center For Public Integrity listed "Scott Rasmussen Inc" as a paid consultant for the 2004 George W. Bush campaign. The Washington Post reported that the 2004 Bush reelection campaign had used a feature on the Rasmussen Reports website that allowed customers to program their own polls, and that Rasmussen asserted that he had not written any of the questions or assisted Republicans.

Rasmussen is a hack. I wouldn't use a msnbc poll for accuracy, nor would I use fox news as it goes the other way
but
lets take a news at fox news polling...whom we both know is little more than a mouthpiece for the gop:

FOX News 9/9 - 9/11 Obama:48 Romney:43 Obama +5

Source. RCP

As far as gallup goes, they shave off 3.2% of people whom do not have land lines or no phone service in general (aka, poor people).
There is a fairly in depth write up about their procedures and how they are missing the mark as of late here Polling
Its a non partisan piece on the huffpo (I know, they are not your choice, but the piece is analysing gallup's methods and why its so different from every other poll out there outside of the rag rasmussan bullpucky "poll" whom abandoned trying to be accurate years ago).

I try not to mention too much about people using those polls, because when people are behind, they fire up and get active. frankly, I would rather the average obama supporter to think it was a tie so they would get off their arse verses think there is a comfortable lead..

Anyhow, just saying, use those numbers at your own peril Best to use realclearpolitics for a overall trend understanding..then get the sum of all together for a fairly accurate number.

I know this is a lot of words, I await your simplified response..or just chanting usa or whatnot...this is more for others than you however, hense why I took time to coherently explain the polling anomoly.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Source:
www.nbcchicago.com...

--------

210 North Kalaheo Avenue
Kailua, Hawaii 96734

$29,000,000

The undecided will vote for Romney? You sound pretty sure of yourself, considering history, sentiment, and polls indicate overwhelming support for Obama over Romney, among undecided voters. Let's just hope Obama wins (assuming no miracle Paul or Johnson victory.) between the two, they're both bad for Americans, but Obama is at least not actively pushing for a major war with Iran on behalf of Israel.

It's a good bet that Obama is - actively - pushing for a - NEW - war with Al Qaeda.

Ambassador Chris Stevens has paid the price for Obama's complacency.

He was tortured before they killed Chris Stevens.

---------------
Obama can no longer - spike the football - for killing Bin Laden.

Al Qaeda is back and they have good intelligence.

Where will they strike next?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Bottom Line: Obama is way below 50%.

It's hard to win an election that way.

Obama is half way to Oahu.

-----------
Just cancel the presidential debates.

Obama is surrounded by scandals and failures.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

That is what I was thinking.. He would not retire in place like Hawaii anyway, assuming he knows the oceans will rise and that is dangerous place to live. He would retire some place secluded in Colorado or somewhere like it, but regardless he does not have that kind personal money (publicly speaking) to buy a beach house...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
reply to post by camaro68ss

That is what I was thinking.. He would not retire in place like Hawaii anyway, assuming he knows the oceans will rise and that is dangerous place to live. He would retire some place secluded in Colorado or somewhere like it, but regardless he does not have that kind personal money (publicly speaking) to buy a beach house...

Obama will get $250,000 in speaking fees.

That's more than enough.

Bill Clinton has $25 Million!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I could have made up a better story than this...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join