It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama Just Buy A $35,000,000.00 Luxury Retirement Mansion In Hawaii?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If it is true .... YIPPEEEEE
Could not happen to a nice guy...loosing that is..

So much for all his BS, we all know when he opens his mouth he lies.

Let's see the Libs cover this one up.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Apparently, Ms. Penny Pritzker has received a little something from Obama in the way of $5,000,000.00 of taxpayer funds...originally meant for schools...but now being used by her to finance construction of her new Hyatt hotel!....A 'Pretty Penny' for Ms. Pritzker! No wonder Chicago schools are hurting for money.

Pretty damning stuff:

"Those gathered at East 53rd Street and South Lake Park Avenue on Thursday held signs saying "TIFs are for Kids."

"The mayor [gave] Penny Pritzker $5 million in TIF money to build this hotel," said teacher Daryl Reed. "They're saying that they don't have money but they're giving billionaires five million dollars to build a hotel."
Chicago's Department of Housing and Economic Development in March approved $5,215,162 in Tax Increment Financing for a developer operating under a franchise agreement with Hyatt Hotels, city records show.
Pritzker is on the board of Hyatt Hotels, and the company stands to make hundreds of thousands of dollars annually due to "royalty fees" associated with the franchise agreement."

THIS is how it works, folks: Top Obama fundraiser quietly asks buddy Barack to put in a call to democrat mayor Rahm Emanual to put the $5,0000,000.00 taxpayer fix in, so she can get her new hotel built. In return for the favor...the Obama's get their beachfront dream home on Oahu.
Can anyone say "Payola"?

HUGE political story here, if anyone in the mainstream media would bother to follow up on it...which they won't.
Aloha

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

More:
www.newstips.org...

chicago.cbslocal.com...

www.nbcchicago.com...
edit on 22-9-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2012 by IAMTAT because: links added

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Oh, BTW,...In addition to being on the board of Hyatt Hotels, TOP Obama fundraiser Penny Pritzker is also...ON THE FIGGIN' CHICAGO BOARD OF EDUCATION!

"On the fourth day of the teachers’ strike, protesters targeted school board member Penny Pritzker, whose family owns the Hyatt hotel chain."
----Conflict of Interest, people?...Or just everyday business as usual for Obama cronies?----

More:

"Chris Taylor, a counselor and case manager at Jordan Elementary Community School, held up a sign claiming seven schools in and near Hyde Park have been closed recently, while TIF money went to the new Hyatt.

“I’m hoping that [Penny Pritzker] notices the protest, and stands up for all the students in the city of Chicago, because that’s what we’re fighting for today,” Taylor said.

The march down Michigan Avenue forced the CTA to reroute several buses as the rally headed south toward Congress Plaza — at Michigan Avenue and Congress Parkway — a couple blocks from the nearby Chicago Hilton and Towers hotel, where contract talks were being held between the Chicago Teachers Union and the Chicago Public Schools."

Source:
chicago.cbslocal.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by SSDDay
reply to post by camaro68ss

That is what I was thinking.. He would not retire in place like Hawaii anyway, assuming he knows the oceans will rise and that is dangerous place to live. He would retire some place secluded in Colorado or somewhere like it, but regardless he does not have that kind personal money (publicly speaking) to buy a beach house...

Obama will get $250,000 in speaking fees.

That's more than enough.

Bill Clinton has $25 Million!

Sorry I don't follow... Even George Bush is worth 26 million, whats your point? The Beach mansion so to speak is valued at 35 million.. Not to say they don't necessarily have the money for it, but you would not hear the Potus buying a 35million dollar mansion on national media. Not a good angle for them.

IMO Beach mansions are not on Barack Hussien Obama's mind right now. He is to busy ruining the country and preparing the new world order.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Well if it is in hawaii it is probably on top of a volvano. So if TSHF I it seems like that wouldn't be the ideal location. Thus ????? Either he isn't part of TPTB or TBTP are setting him up. Or nothing is going to happen in 2012. Or it is part of a bigger disinfo campaign. Or the whole story is bunk...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hmmmm, So close to Fukushima? Hawaii is without a doubt getting hit by a lot of that radiation. Maybe Obama and family have a life time supply of iodine tablets, or some other unknown drug, reserved just for the special ones?

The Mansion could have a high tech ventilation system that filters out any radiation as well. I am sure that idiot Al Gore can give him some advice, where was that moron after the gulf spill or Fukushima? Oh that's right, he didn't have a movie or a book being released at either time. I guess he was sitting in his mansion that uses as much electricity as a college campus.

Or, Maybe Obama is just as stupid as the rest of the herds of $heople who are going on with their lives as if nothing has happened out in the pacific, or the gulf of mexico for that matter. ~$heopleNation

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
he should be living very modestly, not only is it good to learn to live without much but it would be good for his image that is portrayed to the american people. i tend to believe he is just a puppet, but i do believe he is more sincere and in touch with the average person than mitt.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Corporate Providence

He has become what he campaigned against - period.

second

edit on 22-9-2012 by Dukesy because: grammer

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Unbelievable. Are you all idiots on here? A web site that takes bashing and lying about the president to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL comes out with another of it's made up stories, and there are 10 pages of discussion on it??? And what's worse...SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IT!!!

ARE YOU ALL MAD? IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE WATER DOWN THERE THAT MAKES YOU ALL (most) IDIOTS?

EGADS PEOPLE!!!! GIVE YOUR HEADS A SHAKE AND WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I'm jumping in late here and may be rehashing, but this all seems to be a meme born of a post to another message board that says "if Obama buys a $35,000,000.00 in Hawaii after only 4 years of public service(?)."

Cross posting rules prevent me from linking - but a bit of Google work will lead you to the post.

~Heff

Heff, as of this moment, I am your fan. Thank you! I think the only verifiable fact is that there is a residence at 210 North Kalheo Avenue. Verifiable fact in case of meme = good. The rest, well...not so much.

peace,
AB

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

How does it feel to be salivating over Romney, who is financed by the banking cartel?

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Even if true, who cares? He's the President. He wants to relax after he's done serving the country and dealing with immature moronic Republicans? Then he should be allowed to.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It's funny when you see Republicans complaining about being wealthy. If this thread was about Mitt Romney buying a 35 million dollar house, they would call it class welfare say you are "just jealous" of him.

This thread should be in skunk works not a news forum.

edit on 21-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

LOL, yeah.....right........you know damn well that if Romney bought a 35 million dollar house every left wing idiot in Amerika......and there's ALOT of them.....would be calling for his head on a pike.

Left wingers.......proven time and time again to be the most brainwashed, biased, hypocritical, propaganda spewing idiots since the NAZI party and their supporters.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

LOL, yeah.....right........you know damn well that if Romney bought a 35 million dollar house every left wing idiot in Amerika......and there's ALOT of them.....would be calling for his head on a pike.

LOL, yeah, like all the right wingers.. Their jealousy and class warfare towards the wealthy in this thread is hilarious. Maybe if they weren't all on welfare they could buy a 35 million dollar house of their own, hard work...it pays off. Try it sometime.

edit on 23-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
If Obama bought a luxury retirement mansion in Hawaii ... at $35 million ... that's his right.
If he earned the money legally then he can do whatever he wants with it.
Obama made a ton of $$ by selling his books.
People bought Obamas books ... even though they were full of lies. They sucked it up.
He can do whatever he wants with the money he made.
Just like Romney can do whatever he wants with his money .. boats or bank accounts overseas.
They both will claim to care about those who don't have $$$.
They both will claim to be in touch with those who don't have $$$.
But neither really is. Whatever. They can do what they want with their money. It's their right.
Obama/Romeny = same/same.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

You really think all that money went too Sylindra? Half a billion dollars spent in such a small time is kinda hard to do. Just throwing that out there.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The top link/source you provide says nothing about Obama. The others appear to be very slanted e-rags, talking about the corrupt Chicago Democratic machine and claiming that it looks like Obama is set to lose the election and move on.

Not arguing that the Chicago Dem. machine isn't corrupt, but any "newsource" stating this matter of factly, without providing any evidence of it, is obviously a propaganda organ for anti-Obama political forces. Not that I am keen fan of Obamination, but I do subscribe to reality and am a critical thinker. You REALLY believe Obama is so sure that he is going to lose that he is about to buy a big mansion in Hawaii that he can't afford? Whereas your apparent guy, Mitt, could but this place six or more times over.

I love how the articles and the commentors in them are talking about Obama buying such a mansion -- clearly out of his price range -- when their guy for president was born rich and is now stinking rich. Moreover, Romney's stated planned policies will just favor the rich that much more. Sure, Obama does things for his rich and corporate contributors too, but he at least wants a modicum of fairness economically for the whole country, which cannot be said for his Republican counterpart.

The commentors in some of these articles are also bemoaning the fact that when he is no longer president, the Secret Service will still be protecting him. They apparently don't feel he has the same rights/privileges due other retiring presidents. Why the double standard? Perhaps because these Obama haters are racist trogladytes?

I'll acknowledge there are plenty of good reasons to be against Obama, but the Obama haters hate him for the most specious and/or ridiculous of reasons and can't make an argument that their guy, Romney, will be better as president for the country.

And the OP's title is misleading because the answer is no: Obama didn't just buy a $35 million-dollar mansion. This is just more right-wing spin form the GOP/Teabagger goon squad.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
reply to post by IAMTAT

You really think all that money went too Sylindra? Half a billion dollars spent in such a small time is kinda hard to do. Just throwing that out there.

I was thinking the exact same thing. How else could Obama get this much money? I know he hasn't made that much money in his life at any particular job. It has to be money from shady deals and payoffs. He should be in jail honestly.

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Unbelievable. Are you all idiots on here? A web site that takes bashing and lying about the president to a WHOLE NEW LEVEL comes out with another of it's made up stories, and there are 10 pages of discussion on it??? And what's worse...SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE IT!!!

ARE YOU ALL MAD? IS THERE SOMETHING IN THE WATER DOWN THERE THAT MAKES YOU ALL (most) IDIOTS?

EGADS PEOPLE!!!! GIVE YOUR HEADS A SHAKE AND WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

UN FREAKING BELIEVABLE

Well said, S&F'ed. But SOME people believe it? Most every comment here is from an apparent believer. There's people reading the cited sources that claim Obama is going to lose, and they're buying into the spin -- never mind all non-biased sources say otherwise. I'm not claiming Obama has it in the bag, but right now by all poll measurements, he has a significant political advantage. Of course, this assumes that the Republicans don't cleanse the voter rolls of millions of legitimate voters.

But it is amazing how the Obama haters (and I am no lover or defender of the guy) get all giddy based on the flimsiest of news sources. It would be like some crackpot site saying aliens are landing on election day, and all the UFO fanboys and fangirls writing in and saying: "finally, they're coming! We were right the whole time. DISCLOSURE IS ANON!"

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L

Originally posted by RealSpoke
It's funny when you see Republicans complaining about being wealthy. If this thread was about Mitt Romney buying a 35 million dollar house, they would call it class welfare say you are "just jealous" of him.

This thread should be in skunk works not a news forum.

edit on 21-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Uh, did you know it is an actual fact, as in the real world, that Mitt Romney purchased a very expensive beachfront house in La Jolla, CA, and is doing a major tear-down renovation?

www.zillow.com...

www.10news.com...

www.zillow.com...

The problem isn't that he's rich, the problem is that he's rich and doesn't care about the reality of non-rich people's needs, and shows no sign of ever giving non-rich-people priority in any area of power over rich people.

Left wingers.......proven time and time again to be the most brainwashed, biased, hypocritical, propaganda spewing idiots since the NAZI party and their supporters.

Who exactly is spewing 'propaganda' here?

Which one is based in actual fact, and which one is based on something other than fact?
edit on 23-9-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join